Signature Drink at Gaston's

disney fan 13

Standard plastic cup prices...

LeFou's Brew... And ButterBeer.....
bg1P4030148.jpg

Darnit... Now I want some Butterbeer... (Frozen!)

SirNim

I said it fits BETTER, but I will say apple juice is a classic drink Americans love. Apple juice will fit probably anything but when you've got something as rich as French culture to work with, why not do some research and create something based on a nice European drink? What's the harm in that? They could have done so much better than just apple juice.
Johnny Appleseed, American folk hero.

For the Tavern, it should be played up as "cider," not "juice." Cider has an historical association with Brittany and Normandy. Mangos and passion fruit don't have such an association. x_x

Hence, the foam topping is all wrong, actually kind of insulting to someone like me who values a culinary experience that has thought and meaning and intention behind it, and smacks of focus group tomfoolery and sharp pencil skullduggery.

Californian Elitist

For the Tavern, it should be played up as "cider," not "juice." Cider has an historical association with Brittany and Normandy. Mangos and passion fruit don't have such an association. x_x

Which is why I said they could have came up with something different.

SirLink

Hence, the foam topping is all wrong, actually kind of insulting to someone like me who values a culinary experience that has thought and meaning and intention behind it, and smacks of focus group tomfoolery and sharp pencil skullduggery.

Actually all the dining in this 'expansion' is really insulting especially 'Be Our Guest's' two dishes and two at dinner the rest are about as French as an Englishman pretending to be a Frenchmen and talking in an Italien accent.

lazyboy97o

I'm sure if the drink was initially created for both parks, the articles that came out about the food for Cars Land months ago would have mentioned it. I'm sure there would have been a mention of how there were plans of using the same drink for Fantasyland. No sign of that in any of those past articles, so I very much highly doubt it was initially created for both parks.
Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Disney themselves mentioned that this is Red's Apple Freeze with a different name.

For me it is not only insulting, but also heartbreaking. I fell in love with Disneyland and the other parks in large park because I could think about them. I know to a lot of people that is a strange thought, but yes, I find enjoyment in thought. I could see that in the work of the Imagineers. The first and second generation were not just people who built pretty things, they were men with knowledge who sought to broaden their horizons. I became enamored by learning and recognizing a collective knowledge of the world that is both impressive and admirable. I look up to these people not just because they create fun places, but also because they had an impressive knowledge and experience of the world.

Californian Elitist

Honestly, I am a bit surprised that Disney themselves mentioned that this is Red's Apple Freeze with a different name.

Seriously, I'm surprised as well. I really, really wish they came up with something different and nice. I'm honestly shocked they didn't. Attractions and lands are two things, but a drink? They couldn't come up with a unique drink? I think that's ridiculous.

Avenger117

Other than the brew and cinnamon rolls, do we know anything else this will over? Is it like a dessert place or a quick service restaurant?

FettFan

Here's the one thing I have....Cinnamon buns and cidery drinks....is that just the winter specialty?

Because it does not sound very appealing if you are in central Florida in the middle of summer. Perhaps the hot cinnamon bun and spiced cider would be appropriate for the winter months.....but I think Id do just fine with a nice soft pretzel and cream soda in the middle of May. :p

Magenta Panther

Disney made a name for themselves by thinking more highly of their customers.

Like who? I can only recall seeing people say not to get your hopes up that it'll be something at all like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, in level of storytelling or ride time.

That's what I read too...

71jason

Best...news...ever! I've had this drink in CA and it's awesome! Why shouldn't WDW partake? It's a proven success and guests will love it!

Tower of Terror is a proven success, as well. Would you support a Beauty & the Beast themed clone of that ride in the middle of Fantasyland?

It's all about show. Root beer and apple tarts? I could probably see the connection if they sold it right. Apple slush with mango/passion fruit foam and cinnamon rolls? How does that tie into Beauty & the Beast at all?

True story: when Universal created the menu for The Three Broomsticks in WWoHP, the executive chef had notes with page numbers to prove that every item even considered for the menu was referenced somewhere in the 7 Potter books. That's creating a coherent show environment. This is slapping a random QSR down in the middle of Fantasyland then making a feeble attempt to justify it after the fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom