Siemens to redo Spaceship Earth?

Tim G

kcnole said:
OMG, Patrick Stewart would be perfect. That's the best suggestion yet. I can hear his voice over the script already.
Finishing ever line with 'Make It So!'
Nah... right voice, wrong actor...

imagineer boy

CoffeeJedi said:
They can totally redo the descent half of SSE and they won't get many complaints, but woe be to Siemen's if they even think about touching the historical ascent. IMHO, the modern and future portion of the ride should be redone every 7 years or so to keep it fresh, along with the post-show area,
What would anyone like to see in there that doesn't encroach on Innoventions' themes?

possible narrators:
Leonard Nemoy
James Earl Jones
Lawrence Fishburne
Avery Brookes
Patrick Stewart
John Rhyes Davies
Ian McKellen
how about a woman narrator?

Ooh! Lawrence Fishbourne would be perfect! Some of the others would be really good too. But my top 3 picks would be:

Patrick Stewart, Lawrence Fishbourne, and Morgan Freeman. They would all be great, but I'm leaning more towards Fishbourne.

yensidtlaw1969

I dunno, I kinda love Jeremy Irons doing the narration. He does it perfectly. Morgan Freeman would seem to be a little too typecast for it in my opinion. He seems to do alot of Narration. Maybe we could get an Undiscovered talent so people wouldn't connect a face with it? Morgan Freemand and James Earl Jones have very distinguished voiced, and people might think of it as them touring them through history rather than a narrative overlay from a 3rd person perspective that isn't really a person, just the exposition of history in words. Does that make sense?

Yensid "Then again, Corrus would surely do it more than justice . . ." tlaw1969

Captain Chaos

I have the perfect person to do the new voice over after the refurb...

KRYSSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a SSE narration with some extra hyper activity.

imagineer boy

dxer07002 said:
I have the perfect person to do the new voice over after the refurb...

KRYSSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a SSE narration with some extra hyper activity.

Oh, god. "I see rome, I see the renaissance... well, you know the rest!"

Well, if you want pure pandamonium, how about Luke from the 2005 planning video?:lol: That would make the ride have more ride deaths than mission space.:lol:

jmvd20

I personally feel that they should have multiple people doing the narration and maybe some pre-show stuff in the que. I have found the perfect trio for the job:

Bobcat Goldthwait : Lead voice/Narrator
(Richard) Vitale : Play by play commentary
Mike Tyson : Analyst

Rosie ODonnell - Guest for the pre-show

Magicot

imagineer boy said:
Well, if you want pure pandamonium, how about Luke from the 2005 planning video?:lol: That would make the ride have more ride deaths than mission space.:lol:

Wow, I can't believe you said that. So now we're on the level of joking about deaths on Disney attractions.

GothMickey

Magicot said:
Wow, I can't believe you said that. So now we're on the level of joking about deaths on Disney attractions.

There is just no civility in the world anymore...

SSE is fine the way it is, other than the descent back to Earth.. Fix that up and add something to Global Neighborhood and refurb some existing scenes and SSE would be back to its former glory... Oh, and how about Michael Eisner as the narrator... At least he will be heard by more people in a single minute than who watched his show. LOL...

dolbyman

hope siemens does a better job on sse than they did on our sky train (suspended monorail transportation from airport to highspeed train station)

shopgirl

Does any one know when they actually closed up the original post show at Spaceship Earth-- I remember when you could speak to guest services via video phone, make dinner reservations and you could call places etc... that was pretty cool.

EpcotMark

shopgirl said:
Does any one know when they actually closed up the original post show at Spaceship Earth-- I remember when you could speak to guest services via video phone, make dinner reservations and you could call places etc... that was pretty cool.

Earth Station (Guest Relations) ended in 1994, it then turned into Global Neighborhood which shut down in March 2004.

Main Street USA

It was mentioned earlier that "I'm sure it'll be great, whatever they do." I'd agree with that if it weren't for the JII fiasco.

It's a total joke what happened over there. Who's to say the same won't happen to SSE? Exactly. Let's keep the changes minimal. We don't need yet ANOTHER half used pavillion and beautiful attraction cut short because of money and time. Not possible that it would be that bad with SE? Well, think of the original JII. What makes SE better NOW than the Original JII was then? Nothing. What makes SSE less outdated? Nothing.

It's absolutely sick how much of the Imagination pavillion sits as storage. Truly pathetic, and about as "un-Disney" as anything can be.

I'm prepeared for the worst IF anything big happens.......which I doubt.

dxwwf3

Main Street USA said:
It was mentioned earlier that "I'm sure it'll be great, whatever they do." I'd agree with that if it weren't for the JII fiasco.

Those that are usually in the hardcore "Wait and See" & "It'll Be Great Whatever They Do" group have no emotional attachment to any attractions, so if something like the JII fiasco happens, it means nothing to them and we are just supposed to accept the fact that whatever changes made is better than what used to be there.

I'm all for people waiting until the thing is built before complaining (even though I don't always follow that logic), but when the attraction is built and it bombs, nothing can be done.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
EpcotMark said:
Earth Station (Guest Relations) ended in 1994, it then turned into Global Neighborhood which shut down in March 2004.

Earthstation closed 15th August 1994.

Global Neighborhood opened November 23rd 1994 and closed November 24th 1999.

The NEW Global Neighborhood opened November 24th 1999 and shut February 2004.

It`s amazing the junk I know....

WDWGuide

Magicot said:

I agree, that kind of attitude has some serious triple trifecto hurl factor to it. That kinda disrespect ticks even the Yeti off and gets him all bummed. Let's hit it, y'all!

DznyRktekt

Another possibility for narration:
Michael Clarke Duncan (The Green Mile, Brother Bear, Spider Man, Daredevil...)

2005_michael_clark_duncan.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom