Siemens to redo Spaceship Earth?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CoffeeJedi said:
They can totally redo the descent half of SSE and they won't get many complaints, but woe be to Siemen's if they even think about touching the historical ascent. IMHO, the modern and future portion of the ride should be redone every 7 years or so to keep it fresh, along with the post-show area,
What would anyone like to see in there that doesn't encroach on Innoventions' themes?

possible narrators:
Leonard Nemoy
James Earl Jones
Lawrence Fishburne
Avery Brookes
Patrick Stewart
John Rhyes Davies
Ian McKellen
how about a woman narrator?
No question....James Earl Jones.

However I am a little biased. IMHO the only reason any one else gets a narrating job is because James Earl Jones wasn't available.:lol:

CaptainMichael

Master Yoda said:
No question....James Earl Jones.

However I am a little biased. IMHO the only reason any one else gets a narrating job is because James Earl Jones wasn't available.:lol:
I can hear it now. "Have ya'll been on the Death Star yet?" "That didn't have anything to do with Star Wars..."

Tim G

dxer07002 said:
I have the perfect person to do the new voice over after the refurb...

KRYSSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like a SSE narration with some extra hyper activity.
:eek: :eek: :eek: YUCK!!!

matt88mph

I recently saw Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D and thought Tom Hanks did an excellent job. Perhaps he could be the voice of Spaceship Earth.

Besides, we all know that major celebrities can only be in one attraction at a time. Unless you're Eric Idle or Ellen Degeneres(soon).

Timmay

DarkMeasures said:
Leonard Nimoy would be more perfect than anybody else.

You want proof. Play Civilization IV. In it, he narrates and whenever you start a new game, he does a Spaceship Earth style introduction that rocks socks to the max.

Good call on this one...I find myself enjoying all his voice overs in Civ 4 more and more. He does more that just the intor, though...he is used throughout the entire game. He would be great!

Mr. WDB

All the present day and "future" scenes need to updated, and yes, the vehicles should be replaced with something that moves more smoothly. And I really, REALLY, hope they lose the giant Mickey hand and wand. I've hated it from the moment I saw it and still do. It looks so --- cheesy.

cloudboy

I think the narration has to be rewritten. I say keep most of the sceenes, at least the older ones, but perhaps do something with the later one. Forget about trying to predict the future, just stick with Today.

As far as voices go, how about: (Besides James Earl Jones):
Robert Guillaume
Pierce Brosnan
George Takei
Etta James
Candice Bergman
Julie Andrews

Or, if you move to a more animated narration,

Robin Williams
James Burke of Connections Fame
James Hong
Tim Conway

Personally, though, I think it would be best to have a bunch of different voices doing different parts - the "interaction of communication"

dxwwf3

cloudboy said:
Or, if you move to a more animated narration,

Robin Williams

I can see it now.....

And then them Jewish teachers and Islamic schollars went around town saying "Yo! What's up homies? We got da new 411 for all ya'll that will listen. Ya know what I sayin'?"

East, West, North, and South, All roads led to Rome. (Feminine voice) It's gonna be a mistake!

Monks toiled endlessly at sleeping on the job. WAKE UP! These books aren't going to write themselves. Move it! Move it! Move it!

...The theatre was born. Laying the foundation for such acting greats such as Arnold Schwarzenegger (I'LL BE BACK!) and Barbara Streisand (Don't rain on my PARADE!)

imagineer boy

dxwwf3 said:
I can see it now.....

And then them Jewish teachers and Islamic schollars went around town saying "Yo! What's up homies? We got da new 411 for all ya'll that will listen. Ya know what I sayin'?"

East, West, North, and South, All roads led to Rome. (Feminine voice) It's gonna be a mistake!

Monks toiled endlessly at sleeping on the job. WAKE UP! These books aren't going to write themselves. Move it! Move it! Move it!

...The theatre was born. Laying the foundation for such acting greats such as Arnold Schwarzenegger (I'LL BE BACK!) and Barbara Streisand (Don't rain on my PARADE!)

:lol:

Denscott

Anyone say Sean Connery? Very distinctive voice to say the least.

How about Buzz Lightyear himself, Tim Allen? He's a Disney contract player so he'll be easy to get.

Why not have multiple narrators splitting the duties, like a male and female. You could get Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones though they would be pretty expensive.

My preference would be Paul Newman and maybe Dame Julie Dench

brkgnews

Wow -- James Earl Jones or Sean Connery. Either one would be absolutely riveting. Of course, James Earl Jones has the Disney history. But I think I might just slightly prefer Connery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom