Siemens to redo Spaceship Earth?

EpcotMark

dizneycrazy09 said:
I'm not a fan of the whole last 25 years thing. SSE tells the story of communication from the dawn of time, and I think it should stay that way. Even today after riding numerous times, I still feel something special when you emerge from the lift ramp, feel the cool air, and see the massive screen with the cavemen on it. I hope things like that don't change. It's what makes SSE so special.

I completly agree. Spaceship Earth is the most attended attraction at Walt Disney World, and we cant let some cheap renovation tarnish such a noted and timeless attraction. The theme of Spaceship Earth is the symbol of the park. Pay close attention Brad Rex, Larry Gertz, Joe Rhode, and Bob Iger.

ToTBellHop

He was in the Nightmare Before Christmas (Lock), but I think we can do without PeeWee on SSE...I think Jeremy Irons is fine--of course, he was picked b/c he played Scar and the last SSE redo was around the time of the Lion King. How about Ozzy Osbourne this time around?

imagineer boy

ISTCNavigator57 said:
He was in the Nightmare Before Christmas (Lock), but I think we can do without PeeWee on SSE...I think Jeremy Irons is fine--of course, he was picked b/c he played Scar and the last SSE redo was around the time of the Lion King. How about Ozzy Osbourne this time around?

OZZY: Welcome to the f#%@ing space ship earth man! Like a f@#$%ing space ship, we f@#$%@ing wanted to communicate wit each other man! Our early mother f@#$%@#ing ancestors searched for f@#$%@#ing food, f@#$%#ing shelter and all of that ____@#$%t.

imagineer boy

1stStarIC2nite said:
What about Raven? "Welcome to OHSNAPship Earth!" I'd love her... :king:

.. well.. I'm KIND OF kidding :lol:

*goes into a seizure at the thought*

Well, Hilary Duff would be FAR FAR FAR worse.:lol:

DarkMeasures

Leonard Nimoy would be more perfect than anybody else.

You want proof. Play Civilization IV. In it, he narrates and whenever you start a new game, he does a Spaceship Earth style introduction that rocks socks to the max.

jmvd20

dxwwf3 said:
I'm almost 100% positive that the American Adventure is sponsorless (as stated above).

Correct

Sponsors: When American Adventure opened in 1982 it was jointly sponsored by American Express and Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola let their sponsorship lapse in January 1998 and the American Express relationship was lost when Disney as a whole switched its alliance to Visa in 2002.

lamarvenoy

As Steve mentioned the Post show should be a quick transition but I doubt they will do anything too radical to the show scenes. SE is one of the icons and the 1st 1/2 of the ride tells a story that is pretty clear and definative. From the space scene on could be modified and changed to tell a different story with much less serious disruption. That decent is kind of hokie to me anyway but no real permanent story is told there.

Epcot82Guy

natalia1681 said:
As long as it doesn't turn into a Journey kind of nightmare, I can get on board.

We can ONLY HOPE that IMAG will never be repeated (or repeated again... or repeated again again :brick: :lookaroun )

Although, I would be surprised if major changes came before the printing press. Could they do something different? Sure. But, the timing with the 25th and the money it would cost vs. the return, I would put more money on seeing some nice updates to the last half (which, with the exception of the earth projection, could use a nice injection of technology - For some reason this version has always felt just a little unfinished, although I have no idea why) and a really great post-show.

And, count me RIGHT in for a redone version of Tomorrow's Child. Even if just instrumental, it is one of the biggest things I miss about EPCOT Center (I think it would make the BEST fountain song for Innoventions, too).

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
DarkMeasures said:
Leonard Nimoy would be more perfect than anybody else.

You want proof. Play Civilization IV. In it, he narrates and whenever you start a new game, he does a Spaceship Earth style introduction that rocks socks to the max.

if it were to be changed I would want Nimoy narrating. I like Jeremy Irons narration though it has a very strong feel to it.

BTW Nimoy needs the work anyways, he is stuck doing hotel reservation commercials and arthritis commercials. Did you know in his spare time he does professional artistic nude photography?? I am not going to provide the link just google it.

speck76

I heard this morning that Siemens is buying a fertility company.......this could take "Tomorrow's Child" in a whole new direction.

kcnole

Hell, if we're going Star Trek, let's just let William Shatner do it. Can't you just hear him.

WelCome TO SPaceSHIP Earth.

CoffeeJedi

They can totally redo the descent half of SSE and they won't get many complaints, but woe be to Siemen's if they even think about touching the historical ascent. IMHO, the modern and future portion of the ride should be redone every 7 years or so to keep it fresh, along with the post-show area,
What would anyone like to see in there that doesn't encroach on Innoventions' themes?

possible narrators:
Leonard Nemoy
James Earl Jones
Lawrence Fishburne
Avery Brookes
Patrick Stewart
John Rhyes Davies
Ian McKellen
how about a woman narrator?

kcnole

I don't want a woman narrator for that ride. It needs a strong powerful voice for that role and a woman's just wouldn't work there. My two favorites of your list would be either Patrick Stewart or James Earl Jones. I'd have to hear some Leonard Nimoy narration but from what I remember of his voice I like Patrick Stewart better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Patrick has a wondeful voice on and off screen; I was lucky to work with him last year. I doubt however he`d be suitable for SSE - he`s too associated / typecast with the publics perception of the theme (nah dad, lets skip the Star Trek spaceship ball thing and do the real space thing at Mission Space)

James Earl Jones could be another too close to the general theme. Although he has a wonderful voice, and has voiced SeaWorlds Shamu and Disney MGMs Sorcery in the Sky maybe his best and least well known voiceover would hinder him and the attraction.

Wait for Disney to make The Lion King 7 with the original talent, and drag Jeremy back in as per the clause in his contract again.

GeneralKnowledge

Morgan Freeman would be an excellent narrator for the ride.

I'm all for an update of SSE. I still enjoy the ride as it is, but something new to look at would be appreciated. One thing I would really like to see is an improvement in the vehicles. Please give us something with padding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom