Siemens to redo Spaceship Earth?

CoffeeJedi

DisRussFIT said:
Morgan Freeman would be an excellent narrator for the ride.
...Please give us something with padding.
OH! Freeman! yeah, another great choice

and ++ to the padding! the back of my head/neck kills me on the way back down

.... hmmm, how about Christopher Walken? /ducks

RedBaron

CoffeeJedi said:
They can totally redo the descent half of SSE and they won't get many complaints, but woe be to Siemen's if they even think about touching the historical ascent. IMHO, the modern and future portion of the ride should be redone every 7 years or so to keep it fresh, along with the post-show area.

I totally agree. The decent can always be changed without too many complaints. It can probably only get better. I would be sad if they got rid of Rome burning or that little cartoon with the white horse and chariot. It would also be great to get new ride vehicles and sound system.

CaptainMichael

CoffeeJedi said:
.... hmmm, how about Christopher Walken? /ducks
That would be fun. On the decent down, we could have a record studio with a Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken AA reenacting the famous "Cow bell" sketch from SNL.

GeneralKnowledge

Walken would be hilarious. I couldn't ride without laughing the entire time.

I can hear it now..."Since the dawn of recorded time mankind has had a fever....and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

kcnole

that little cartoon with the white horse and chariot

actually that little cartoon part is the one part I've always wished they had found a better way to do. It detracts from the rest of the ride to me. Well that and the descent.

The biggest things I want is a smoother, quieter, and more comforatable ride system and a great post show. Other than that they could leave the rest as it is and I wouldn't be too upset.

CoffeeJedi

kcnole said:
actually that little cartoon part is the one part I've always wished they had found a better way to do. It detracts from the rest of the ride to me. Well that and the descent.
yeah, it does stick out as being rather silly surrounded by an acurate three dimensional environment, but its just so classic now, it was always my favorite part of the ride as a kid, i would really miss it if it was gone

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think the cartoon (white) chariot projection was a development from a WED project for Horizons - the later had several non-animated versions. They may have been so pleased with the superior animated version they used it despite, as you say, it sticks out in the dimensional, built environment of Rome.

While I love the more cowbell idea, I have to put in my nomination for Alan Rickman as narrator. For those of you saying "Who?", he is Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies and was Metatron in 'Dogma'. I would like Tomorrow's Child to make an appearance and am all for redoing the descending portion of SSE, but I would like to see up and coming technology represented at the end. It would be cool to see a newspaper being read with one of those paper-thin video screens in it that Siemens has already been experimenting with.

CaptainMichael

warlord said:
Everytime you change ages-

I've got an illness, and the only prescription is more communcations
cowbell.jpg

ToTBellHop

so...anything new on SSE this week? It's been kinda exciting seeing these frequent updates that have been a long time coming...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom