Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What is the current timetable for the Innoventions/Communicore change anyway?
I heard $2billion for a dedicated Epcot budget. Not a lot of construction work going on in a park that is suppose to be completely transformed in 3 years.
It’s quite a bit more than two billion IF all comes to fruition. FYI the park isn’t supposed to be completely transformed in 3 years. The current long term plan - which includes the bigger than two billion figure - is currently projected to 2025.

Last edited:

rld10368

No. Siemens does not make Straddle-beam Monorails.
Bombardier who made the Mark VI never made a monorail. They made snowmobiles... Disney worked with them... so Siemens could made a straddle beam monorail.. aka Alweg system.. They do make High speed rail trains. they are doing that in California.. so they have the technology...

montyz81

It’s quite a bit more than two billion IF all comes to fruition. FYI the park isn’t supposed to be completely transformed in 3 years. The current long term plan - which includes the bigger than two billion figure - is currently projected to 2025.
I'd imagine that FW then will be a completely different place by 2025 then.

smile

Project X

7bc2999359edf06f2899d0e2644158829fc48d06_hq.jpg

Otterhead

Random update. For those of you keeping score at home, as of tonight, nothing has changed. Carry on.
For what it's worth, I did the Undiscovered Future World tour a few weeks ago that took us backstage at Spaceship Earth, and the CM said there was "no known timeline" for replacing all of the Siemens signage or their presence in the ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

For what it's worth, I did the Undiscovered Future World tour a few weeks ago that took us backstage at Spaceship Earth, and the CM said there was "no known timeline" for replacing all of the Siemens signage or their presence in the ride.

A company that decides to drop Sponsorship and yet wants to keep their name on a ride that they do not want to be a part of?

Otterhead

A ride that decides to drop Sponsorship and yet wants to keep their name on a ride that they do not want to be a part of?
Siemens has nothing to do with Spaceship Earth anymore. Replacing all signage on the ride as well as the interactive piece isn't a small task; I think they're still in the process of either wooing a new sponsor or deciding to move forward without one before doing that rehab. I believe the entire after-ride area is all Siemens-sponsored and created as well. So any new sponsor would have a huge say in what will change.

Cmdr_Crimson

Siemens has nothing to do with Spaceship Earth anymore. Replacing all signage on the ride as well as the interactive piece isn't a small task; I think they're still in the process of either wooing a new sponsor or deciding to move forward without one before doing that rehab. I believe the entire after-ride area is all Siemens-sponsored and created as well. So any new sponsor would have a huge say in what will change.

They even updated their webpage and yet it indicates a 12 year strategic alliance and a year has passed already...Just seems a bit weird IMO.
https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/siemens-disney-alliance.html

Goofyernmost

They even updated their webpage and yet it indicates a 12 year strategic alliance and a year has passed already...Just seems a bit weird IMO.
https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/siemens-disney-alliance.html
If you ran Siemens and were no longer paying huge fees for the privilege of having your name displayed in a prominent place at WDW, would you try and get them to take your free advertising down.

I do have a question, I thought that the screens on board the vehicles were a Siemen serviced item. Could that be what is keeping them linked for now? Don't know, just asking.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

If you ran Siemens and were no longer paying huge fees for the privilege of having you name displayed in a prominent place at WDW, would you try and get them to take your free advertising down.

It took them almost a few years when the Kodak Agreement left as Imagination was the first in 2010...Following the removal of any Kodak logo's to Nikkon 2 years later...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If you ran Siemens and were no longer paying huge fees for the privilege of having you name displayed in a prominent place at WDW, would you try and get them to take your free advertising down.

I do have a question, I thought that the screens on board the vehicles were a Siemen serviced item. Could that be what is keeping them linked for now? Don't know, just asking.
TDO still has a relationship with Siemens. They still are responsible for many of the building systems that are used throughout WDW (building management, hvac, electric, fire alarms, etc.). This relationship will continue for quite some time as many of these systems are proprietary meaning only Siemens can support them.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If Disney plans to replace Siemens with a new sponsor they will probably wait for the money to come in from the new sponsor to pay for new signs. No point in paying for it out of pocket now and then changing the signs again when the new sponsor is in place. They would also need to take the ride down for a short period of time to make the changes so no reason to do that twice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom