Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

smile

TDO still has a relationship with Siemens. They still are responsible for many of the building systems that are used throughout WDW (building management, hvac, electric, fire alarms, etc.). This relationship will continue for quite some time as many of these systems are proprietary meaning only Siemens can support them.

hmmm - that's funny...
because i just saw on instagram that siemens has til friday to pack up all their crap and get out

... somebody here's not shootin straight
:cautious:

Biff215

It does surprise me that Disney hasn’t even attempted to simply cover up the Siemens logos, something that could easily be done third shift. It’s been done in the past, even on SSE. New signs wouldn’t be necessary. Just interesting that they’re giving them the free advertisement, regardless of any business relationships they may still have.

Goofyernmost

It does surprise me that Disney hasn’t even attempted to simply cover up the Siemens logos, something that could easily be done third shift. It’s been done in the past, even on SSE. New signs wouldn’t be necessary. Just interesting that they’re giving them the free advertisement, regardless of any business relationships they may still have.
Maybe it isn't free. Maybe they continue to service the things that they have there in exchange for the name remaining in view.

Magic Feather

If Disney plans to replace Siemens with a new sponsor they will probably wait for the money to come in from the new sponsor to pay for new signs. No point in paying for it out of pocket now and then changing the signs again when the new sponsor is in place. They would also need to take the ride down for a short period of time to make the changes so no reason to do that twice.
Disney isn't broke and the Siemens tags aren't inseperabke from the current signs. Another sponsor for SSE is months, if not years away from happening. Other than the audio and video editing, which doesnt involve taking the rode down, I could personally expunge SSE of all Siemens branding with a basic tool box (screwdriver, wrench, saw, etc.) in a matter of hours.

Otterhead

Disney isn't broke and the Siemens tags aren't inseperabke from the current signs.
The sign that comes to mind is the large Project Tomorrow sign as you exit the ride; unlike the outdoor signs, the Siemens tag is an integrated piece of the sign. They could absolutely cover it up or insert something else in there ("only at Epcot!"), but it's not a separate chunk like the others. Curious to see how they'll handle it. And all of Project Tomorrow, for that matter, since it's all Siemens-themed in one way or another.
8249306519_d24407f7d3.jpg

Kamikaze

The sign that comes to mind is the large Project Tomorrow sign as you exit the ride; unlike the outdoor signs, the Siemens tag is an integrated piece of the sign. They could absolutely cover it up or insert something else in there ("only at Epcot!"), but it's not a separate chunk like the others. Curious to see how they'll handle it. And all of Project Tomorrow, for that matter, since it's all Siemens-themed in one way or another.View attachment 266784

They can just put an insert over the top of that section.

Tom P.

Anyone have any idea offhand how much Siemens was paying for that sponsorship? (If that was mentioned earlier in the thread and I missed it, I apologize.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom