Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

smile

I'm going to ask that they dedicated my donations to turning the paperboy around and putting actual animatronic movements in Steve Jobzniack

i'll fight you on that -
throw him to the typesetting machine, i don't care!
paperboy needs to go!!
:p

lol @ jobsniack...
makes absolutely no sense for that to be jobs

gustaftp

I would love to see a modern tech company sponsor some exhibits in Epcot - Apple, Google, Amazon... Not sure why they don't consider that.. Would be a good forum to promote their vision of the future (especially with Earth Station / Innoventions)...
I think 3M would be the perfect company to sponsor something at EPCOT, and is far less stereotypical than the companies you mentioned. The entire brand is "Science: Applied to Life" and they make a lot more than Post-It Notes! They are even involved in autonomous vehicles, specifically optical sensors and signage.

jaxonp

Apple, Google, Amazon, Microsoft... I'd love to see any of these companies sponsor a major pavillion or something new in Innoventions.

It would almost be a no brainer... with technology chasing so fast, what better way for companies to showcase off their technology!

mikejs78

Premium Member
It would almost be a no brainer... with technology chasing so fast, what better way for companies to showcase off their technology!
Not just their current technology, but their vision for the future.. That was what the Communicore exhibits of my childhood were like, and a big part of what inspired me to get into the technology field.

smile

I'd always assumed it was Woz, but it's purposely vague enough that it could be any tinkerer in a garage from that time.

agreed -
point is that it shouldn't be vague; should be obvious that's woz

of course, if you're looking to court apple, you make it jobs... or ambiguous
;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Apple, Google, Amazon, Microsoft... I'd love to see any of these companies sponsor a major pavillion or something new in Innoventions.
It almost makes too much sense that the pavilion based on the history of communication would be sponsored by a smart phone manufacturer. I guess maybe even a social media company would make sense since that’s how the “kids” these days choose to communicate. The post ride showroom would also be a great place to showcase future technologies.

ABQ

Instead of Apple, how about having Samsung sponsor it? Then, not only could you have a major provider of modern technology sponsoring the attraction, but it could catch fire at random times!
So burning Library of Alexandria first then near the 360 top, burning Notes. Sadly, lithium doesn't smell as nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom