Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's really sad, but this sound so much like the Disney current mindset. They have been doing this for awhile. Take the Horizons, or GMR for example. SSE is a LEGACY attraction! However, in my mind, both Horizons and GMR should have also been LEGACY attractions. Sadly, TDO thought otherwise. :cry:

Please no rollercoaster in SSE! If I want that I will go to Europa Park.

@marni1971 is the scheduled refresh for SSE still going to happen?
It’s still heading that way next decade.

CJR

If I remember correctly AT&T didn't take very long to remove. Seems like they'd want to do it sometime between now and March, when it gets busy again. My bet though, is they'll keep at least some of the post show open this time.

Pavilions with more recent (given Epcot's now lengthy history) sponsorship losses still have their post shows (Mission: Space being a fine example). Although tweaked, much of Imagination's post show is still there. Seems the days of walling off entire post shows are over and SSE's requires next to no staff, so it could be as simple as removing references to the sponsor.

aladdin2007

After it closes I'm not going to Epcot again

me either that will be the final straw for me. Im sure chapek would love to cram some kind of star wars mess into SE. Or just tear it down all together, they love to do away with anything that people like. Thats extreme of course, but after what happened with the great movie ride and other things I dont trust them at all anymore Im sad to say.

trainplane3

After it closes I'm not going to Epcot again
You'd have to change that say "I'm not going to WDW again" to actually have an effect. As far as management would be concerned, who cares if you don't go to Epcot anymore? You'll spend your money in MK, AK, or DHS.

If in the off chance WDW started on a "convert everything to a rollercoaster" process, they'd give me less reasons to go to WDW. Why would I want to fly 2 hours and spend $$$ in their parks when I can go to Cedar Point (that is only 2 1/2 hours driving away) and ride more exciting coaster then WDW would ever dare to build (not even talking height and speed)? You can stick as many screens and AA's in it as you want but if it's just a bunch of boring straights with a turn here and there, what was the point? You could've made a longer, more in depth dark ride instead. I go to WDW for unique rides (and experiences!) that I can't get anywhere else.

I doubt WDW would build a coaster that comes close to Maverick (as an example) in terms of excitement. It has a pretty small footprint and short height (120ft). Now I'm not knocking it, it has the forces, inversions, and quick operations to make it a favorite of mine. I'd never expect anything tall in any Disney park, but short and packing a punch is what they'd have to do.

Horizons has been closed longer than it was open. It might be time to move on.
I'll sadly agree, but the Horizons fans were out on my Christmas trip. So much that my parents had to ask what these "Horizons '83" shirts they see everywhere mean.

bclane

You'd have to change that say "I'm not going to WDW again" to actually have an effect. As far as management would be concerned, who cares if you don't go to Epcot anymore? You'll spend your money in MK, AK, or DHS.

If in the off chance WDW started on a "convert everything to a rollercoaster" process, they'd give me less reasons to go to WDW. Why would I want to fly 2 hours and spend $$$ in their parks when I can go to Cedar Point (that is only 2 1/2 hours driving away) and ride more exciting coaster then WDW would ever dare to build (not even talking height and speed)? You can stick as many screens and AA's in it as you want but if it's just a bunch of boring straights with a turn here and there, what was the point? You could've made a longer, more in depth dark ride instead. I go to WDW for unique rides (and experiences!) that I can't get anywhere else.

I doubt WDW would build a coaster that comes close to Maverick (as an example) in terms of excitement. It has a pretty small footprint and short height (120ft). Now I'm not knocking it, it has the forces, inversions, and quick operations to make it a favorite of mine. I'd never expect anything tall in any Disney park, but short and packing a punch is what they'd have to do.

I'll sadly agree, but the Horizons fans were out on my Christmas trip. So much that my parents had to ask what these "Horizons '83" shirts they see everywhere mean.

Maverick rocks! Once of the best anywhere....imo.

trainplane3

Maverick rocks! Once of the best anywhere....imo.
I completely agree. It's my #1 in the park which confuses people since it wasn't a record breaking coaster. I'm sure Steel Vengeance will finally dethrone it after all these years. Isn't it funny how CF's management can be so on point with improving the parks while WDW is in a constant state of flux?

bclane

I completely agree. It's my #1 in the park which confuses people since it wasn't a record breaking coaster. I'm sure Steel Vengeance will finally dethrone it after all these years. Isn't it funny how CF's management can be so on point with improving the parks while WDW is in a constant state of flux?
Same here. My favorite used to be Millennium Force but it has lost some of it's mojo for me over the last few years. I mean, I'll still ride her a couple times every trip, but Maverick is just unstoppable fun for me. Pure awesome sauce...

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Same here. My favorite used to be Millennium Force but it has lost some of it's mojo for me over the last few years. I mean, I'll still ride her a couple times every trip, but Maverick is just unstoppable fun for me. Pure awesome sauce...
I agree about MF. My husband's favorite is Maverick while I prefer the classic Magnum. It's not the tallest or fastest, but I love the view of the waterpark.
Heck I still miss Geauga Lake. lololol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom