Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Pardonmypixiedust

I just hope the attraction keeps its theme and narration, and isn't eventually abandoned for some cutting-edge thrill ride. With all the rumblings about Epcot's imminent overhaul, I worry about the fate of the attraction under current management.

Even with the currently-lackluster finale, Spaceship Earth is one of the greatest attractions ever conceived, and deserves to be preserved.
I can't say how much I support and love this thought.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'm pretty sure that's not right. I remember this because I chose German last time I rode it and got lectured to in...well, German throughout the entire ride.

You choose the language you want at the beginning. But you mark yourself on the map at the end.

Unless I am completely misremembering my latest ride from September.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171203_163301.jpg
20171203_163201_HDR.jpg
Update for anyone that cares as of 12/3

Siemens signage is still up...my apologies that I didn't photograph the screen well but it says Siemens.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

View attachment 247948 View attachment 247947 Update for anyone that cares as of 12/3 ;)

Siemens signage is still up

Do they still also say "On Behalf of Siemens Welcome Aboard" and "Welcome back, time travelers. Now, Siemens invites you to visit Project Tomorrow—an exciting world of new ideas and innovations, made possible by Siemens’ ingenuity." I'm sure it would be easy for them to remove it but, just was curious as this is part of the ride audio...

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Do they still also say "On Behalf of Siemens Welcome Aboard" and "Welcome back, time travelers. Now, Siemens invites you to visit Project Tomorrow—an exciting world of new ideas and innovations, made possible by Siemens’ ingenuity." I'm sure it would be easy for them to remove it but, just was curious as this is part of the ride audio...
Welp I'm going to have to go back on again lol I missed it so I can't confirm. Sorry. I'll go back this week for sure and ride

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171209_160118.jpg
Just rode and yes, all mentions of Siemens in audio form are still there. Here's a pic of the sign as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom