Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171215_195807.jpg
20171215_193833.jpg
Weekly update...still there

Goofyernmost

Geeze...Now that's just lazy....Even the Both Siemens/Disney Alliance and SSE Website are still up...
Perhaps, the contract hasn't run out yet. When it does, they will be gone. Just a guess... I don't know the dates that the contracts were valid. All I've ever heard is that they weren't going to renew when they expired. I have never heard when they actually expire.

Cmdr_Crimson

Goofyernmost

OK, I know they announced it back during that time, however, you would have to admit that it is highly unlikely that Disney would be giving credit to Siemens for nothing. Is it possible that they have a two part agreement not only for SSE but for Illuminations as well and they are just keeping them together for the time being until the other runs out or until Disney can create a new show? It is just way out of character for them to share billing without an outlay of cash. Perhaps, a behind the scenes agreement with no formal contract?

Cmdr_Crimson

OK, I know they announced it back during that time, however, you would have to admit that it is highly unlikely that Disney would be giving credit to Siemens for nothing. Is it possible that they have a two part agreement not only for SSE but for Illuminations as well and they are just keeping them together for the time being until the other runs out or until Disney can create a new show? It is just way out of character for them to share billing without an outlay of cash. Perhaps, a behind the scenes agreement with no formal contract?

Not sure really But, I did ask a few pages back about the announcement in Illuminations and it was removed and since the VIP room was stripped of it's Siemens rights it meant something..

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
The Base 21 signage was literally ripped off.

The contract is finished. Wonders and Seas took months for their signage to be completely removed.
Out of curiosity, how come Disney delays the removal of signage? Is it just an "eh we'll get to it eventually" type of situation?

It's just crazy to me that Disney would give any company free publicity.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Out of curiosity, how come Disney delays the removal of signage? Is it just an "eh we'll get to it eventually" type of situation?

It is odd. Sometimes it happens overnight and sometimes it takes longer. I’d be surprised if the onboard SSE media didn’t have an easy way of being adjusted (and it would show lack of foresight) but the entrance signage would be an easy overnight job to do a quick masking.

Unless the onboard media and post show isn’t an easy fix and they want continuity. Either all in or all out.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No

Honestly I think it's probably more on the outgoing company than Disney. Most companies are pretty protective of their brand and I would assume have something in the contract stating how long Disney has to remove their name once the contract ends. Disney on the other hand (or maybe TDO more specifficly) has an if it's not broke and we don't have to pay to fix it additude they just get to it whenever.

montyz81

It is odd. Sometimes it happens overnight and sometimes it takes longer. I’d be surprised if the onboard SSE media didn’t have an easy way of being adjusted (and it would show lack of foresight) but the entrance signage would be an easy overnight job to do a quick masking.Unless the onboard media and post show isn’t an easy fix and they want continuity. Either all in or all out.

I wonder how long before the current post show turns into the walled off Global Neighborhood? Then I am curious how long it will take them to let the ride enter into disrepair before they justify giving it a full gutting. I suspect that is their plan. Let the ride crash and burn so they can tell the public it is past it, resulting in some sort of shoehorned roller coaster attraction that will work as well as Rocket Rods!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wonder how long before the current post show turns into the walled off Global Neighborhood? Then I am curious how long it will take them to let the ride enter into disrepair before they justify giving it a full gutting. I suspect that is their plan. Let the ride crash and burn so they can tell the public it is past it, resulting in some sort of shoehorned roller coaster attraction that will work as well as Rocket Rods!
I wonder too.

Cmdr_Crimson

It is odd. Sometimes it happens overnight and sometimes it takes longer. I’d be surprised if the onboard SSE media didn’t have an easy way of being adjusted (and it would show lack of foresight) but the entrance signage would be an easy overnight job to do a quick masking.

Unless the onboard media and post show isn’t an easy fix and they want continuity. Either all in or all out.

How long did it take for them to remove anything Kodak related at Imagination?

PorterRedkey

It's really sad, but this sound so much like the Disney current mindset. They have been doing this for awhile. Take the Horizons, or GMR for example. SSE is a LEGACY attraction! However, in my mind, both Horizons and GMR should have also been LEGACY attractions. Sadly, TDO thought otherwise. :cry:

Please no rollercoaster in SSE! If I want that I will go to Europa Park.

@marni1971 is the scheduled refresh for SSE still going to happen?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom