Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

• YES! Please replace it, it needs to go already.

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No, I like it and think its a classic.

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Keep it, but just update it to make it better.

Votes: 87 45.5%

• Total voters

prberk

By the way, do Biff and the other head still speak in the cafe next door? That used to be coordinated for people leaving the audience.

gerryu21220

Notice how often the people in the audience are too busy talking to even watch the show? They only seem to shut up and pay attention when the music gets lively.

That "Blood On The Saddle" bit is really irritating.

rct247

I am one of those haters. I think the show has been incredibly outdated. It's so boring and the seats are not comfortable enough to nap in (unlike Impressions de France) I think the clicking sounds with each movement of each character is embarrassing in Disney standards. I don't view this as a classic and would love to see something fresh and new in there...

that being said, I'm a big 'Its a Small World' fan and many people can't stand that attraction either and I'd be really sad if it were to be demolished. So to each their own, I suppose.

^ I agree.

DisneyNut2007

The movie Country Bears scored 27% on Rotten Tomatoes.com. That's a stinker. Toy Story 2 scored 100% on the same website.

just sayin'

Don't you be worrying though. This is the general discussion thread. Your beloved bears aren't going anywhere. . . for now. :lookaroun

I highly recommend deleting the "for now" bit from your sentence, because they're not going anywhere AT ALL! Not now, not ever!

ohhector

I can see why a lot of people might want to keep it for the kitch/original value, but I found it to be horribly dated and beyond boring the last time I went. And I generally LIKE that type of music, it is just poor written, unentertaining songs.

spectrodanny

I'm tired of the current show. keep it, but bring back the other 2 shows as well. yes "Vacation" osn't as popular in Florida as it was in California in it's early days but by rotating the 3 shows it'd give guests something new to see each visit.

Magenta Panther

By the way, do Biff and the other head still speak in the cafe next door? That used to be coordinated for people leaving the audience.

Unfortunately, no. The Mile Long Bar is no more. And as for the heads...well, here's what happened to Max, and it ain't pretty:

Country-Bear-Jamboree-Max2s.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Unfortunately, no. The Mile Long Bar is no more. And as for the heads...well, here's what happened to Max, and it ain't pretty:

Country-Bear-Jamboree-Max2s.jpg

i had posted that picture on a contest. it's freaky! that's down under the lifted area under the omnimovers in the Haunted Mansion..

DocMcHulk

Maybe update it a bit to include a bit more "modern" country sound (not like pop-country or Taylor Swift type garbage though!!!).

No way. It could completely change the feeling of the attraction. The whole point is to get the feeling this are backwoods, ol' fashioned, bears.

New audio and updated AAs would be just fine.

Maybe even have a few shows that can be put in throughout the year. Like a Christmas show and maybe some sort of a Halloween or 4th of July theme.

Bravo 229

Its a classic attraction, and I believe the only version of the show that still exists. Maybe give the bears a costume change and clean up the theatre, but nothing more than that. Though attractions come and go through the years, CBJ and COP are two that should never be replaced IMO.

WDWGoof07

NO! Country Bear Jamboree is one of my favorite attractions in WDW!

I wouldn't hesitate to call the show a masterpiece. After all, its development coincides with the POTC and HM era when Walt's animators-turned-Imagineers were at the top of their game creatively. The script, character designs, and songs are hilarious! Florida's CBJ is the original version of the attraction, which, in my opinion, lends it some historical significance, too.

David S.

NO! Country Bear Jamboree is one of my favorite attractions in WDW!

I wouldn't hesitate to call the show a masterpiece. After all, its development coincides with the POTC and HM era when Walt's animators-turned-Imagineers were at the top of their game creatively. The script, character designs, and songs are hilarious! Florida's CBJ is the original version of the attraction, which, in my opinion, lends it some historical significance, too.

I agree with everything you said! :)

The CBJ is IMO a Masterpiece and currently my 3rd fave attraction in the MK! It is indeed from the same era as the highly acclaimed Pirates and Mansion, and Animation and Imagineering legend Marc Davis was a key designer of the CBJ, having designed the instantly funny and lovable characters, and worked closely with show writer Al Bertino (who was caricatured as Big Al) on the overall show development.

I actually PREFER the CBJ (and it's Adventureland counterpart, the original Tiki Room) over both Pirates AND Mansion! The Bears and Birdies are MY Pirates and Mansion! There have been park visits such as half days and short full days (such as the dreaded 8 PM close) where I've skipped Mansion and sometimes even Pirates due to time constraints, but I have NEVER skipped the Bears on a full-day visit to the MK. That would be an unBEARable sacriledge!

I ALWAYS BEAR with them until the BEAR end, and am always eager to BEARrel around to see them again! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom