Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

Should the Country Bear Jamboree be replaced???

• YES! Please replace it, it needs to go already.

Votes: 40 20.9%
  • No, I like it and think its a classic.

Votes: 75 39.3%
  • Keep it, but just update it to make it better.

Votes: 87 45.5%

• Total voters

Magenta Panther

When I saw it as a kid, I was amazed by it. Back then the Mile Long (I think it was called) Restaurant was still attached to it, and I'll never forget walking out of the show and encountering the talking animal heads again!

But a few years ago, I saw the show again, and man was it ever shabby. In terrible shape. And of course Mile Long was closed too. I was really bummed.

When I heard about the refurb, I was really hopeful, and after the attraction reopened, I saw the show again. But again, was disappointed. The figures still seem to move stiffly. The sync seemed off somehow. I wasn't impressed.

I'd hate to see it go, but if it can't be rebuilt extensively, then maybe it's had its day...

fngoofy

Just thinking of all this expansion stuff going on in FL, and was thinking of other lands that coud use some changes. Frontierland is awesome, but I really never like the Country Bear Jamboree. I dont think its horrible, but I dont go out of my way to see it.

So, do you like the Country Bear Jamboree show? Should it be replaced or should it be kept? :wave:

Yes.
Kept.
Classic.
Still Funny.

BeanSz

For me, it's like Tiki Room and Small World -- either you love it and must do it, or hate it. I personally like then all for different reasons. I definitely agree, however, some updating would be great -- like the Tiki room somehow play to the old classic attraction, but modernize and make it a bit appealing to the younger crowd -- it's an attraction we do once and my sons don't beg to go on again and again....maybe a Woody's Jamboree with Jesse Bullseye, Stinky Pete and others... then my kids would love it. Maybe a boys themed Toy Story Character meal in the saloon next door wouldn't be bad -- and get even more stuff going on in Frontierland.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can think of many attractions that I personally could care less for and I far as I'm concerned could be replaced and I wouldn't give a rats behind. But, do you hear me banging my drum calling for their plugs to be pulled?

The MK should have attractions that appeal to w i d e variety of people. Don't mess with CBJ nor Swiss Family Treehouse. They might not appeal to everyone but neither does IaSW nor HoP.

BrerKev

I have only seen the show twice, believe it or not. Surprisingly I enjoyed it so much more the 2nd time around, and am looking forward to seeing it on the next trip. But, I wouldn't be opposed to an update.

New2WDW

I have only gone on this attraction once and I was looking for an exit door as it seemed very outdated and cheesy. I was not at the parks when this attraction opened and it reminds me of a Showbiz Pizza place with no pizza. I know many people love this attraction but from my viewpoint a new attraction could go over real well here and give a boost to this area of the MK.

David S.

I voted to keep it as it's my 3rd favorite attraction in the MK! It's cute, fun, funny, charming, musical, and has catchy songs and lovable characters.

No matter how many times I've seen it, it always makes me feel "warm and fuzzy" inside and makes me smile! I walk out of the attraction in an even happier mood than I was in before I saw it, and to me this is what WDW (and the MK) is all about!

I would like to see the original show stay as it's a classic. However, I WOULD like to see the Christmas show return during the holidays and the Vacation Hoedown show return during summer vacation. This would keep these other versions of the show alive and make the attraction "fresh" for frequent, regular visitors. (Although I should stress that I never get tired of the original show!) ;)

DisneyNut2007

I would like to see the original show stay as it's a classic. However, I WOULD like to see the Christmas show return during the holidays and the Vacation Hoedown show return during summer vacation. This would keep these other versions of the show alive and make the attraction "fresh" for frequent, regular visitors.

My thoughts exactly! It's like you read my mind. :)

yankspy

I like it. Keep it. To this day, Big Al just cracks me up. Perhaps I am simple but this attraction is a classic and whenever I go I always see others clapping and laughing.

Lucky

It depends on what you'd replace it with. Sometimes people clamor for closing an attraction and then it's replaced with empty space (Pocahantas & Forest Friends at AK).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Woody's Roundup? Guys, if we need a Woody's Roundup Jamboree just add that to PIXAR Studios at Hollywood Studios! I do NOTwant to see Magic Kingdom be over-powered by Pixar like the others. Magic Kingdom is the place where kids grew up with Princesses and classics. Now any pixar princess movies I wouldn't mind going into Disney because of fantasyland but when you're getting involved with Woody and Nemo any longer here, I don't want to see some pixar hit movie replace a wonderful classic. Now I wouldn't mind if it was modernized and based on the MOVIE of The Country Bears, that would be nice. You still got big Al in there and it'll be funny at some points. But I surely don't want to see Cars, Woody, Nemo, MARVEL or anything like that replace something very special at Disney. How often do you see a talking bear? Not so often, and I see Woody everywhere around the park, I don't see the not well known characters like them. I mean, they could easily make it off them movie, heck they could even sell country bear merchandise at a new shop in frontierland! But if you get it with pixar it will end up like The Enchanted Tiki Room, Stitch's Great Escape, and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club. In other words, Crappy. Let's either update it or keep it as it is for the time being and focuse on imagintion, wonders of life, tiki room, stitch, shoot i can list 100 more.

prberk

I say update the sound and even the program, but keep it true to style. Disney should ask the people responsible for the "O Mickey Where Art Thou" album to coordinate a new show for them. That was a fabulous album, with some of Nashville's best contributing yet still understanding both country and bluegrass, as well as Disney.

Or even get T Bone Burnett (who produced the O Brother soundtrack) to help.

Either way, I believe that they can re-do it and yet keep its soul.

Paul

P.S.: I also think it should have the Christmas overlay (or even a better one for that also).

MKCP 1985

The movie Country Bears scored 27% on Rotten Tomatoes.com. That's a stinker. Toy Story 2 scored 100% on the same website.

just sayin'

Don't you be worrying though. This is the general discussion thread. Your beloved bears aren't going anywhere. . . for now. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom