Shaman of Songs Removed from Na’vi River Journey

Bender123

I love those maggots/ caterpillars or whatever that crawl on the tree trunks, and the lizard feet on the leaves. If they’d made the ride twice as long and put in 5 animatronics and a few more effects, it’d be a classic ride.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again...It could be a good C/D ticket experience, except for one major thing...The complete lack of ending. It has all this build up of going to a Navi celebration, there are screens showing them walking, the forest is lively, the music builds as you progress, you see the AA Shaman singing and...you enter a virtually barren room before the exit.

If they would have had that room filled with a few AA and parallax screens with Navi singing, it would have been fine. As it stands now, its all build up and no payoff. Like when a song ends on a non-tonic note. It just feels wrong.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ive said it before and Ill say it again...It could be a good C/D ticket experience, except for one major thing...The complete lack of ending. It has all this build up of going to a Navi celebration, there are screens showing them walking, the forest is lively, the music builds as you progress, you see the AA Shaman singing and...you enter a virtually barren room before the exit.

If they would have had that room filled with a few AA and parallax screens with Navi singing, it would have been fine. As it stands now, its all build up and no payoff. Like when a song ends on a non-tonic note. It just feels wrong.
We always felt the ride as it is sets you up for a nice journey. Instead of the real part of the ride actually beginning as you turn the bend, you see unload.

It’s like riding pirates and instead of the down ramp into Bombardment Bay you see the exit.

smile

Here's the problem, they just need to be upgraded to T800s.

voTU65F.gif

ask not what skynet can do for you - ask what you can do for skynet

RSoxNo1

We always felt the ride as it is sets you up for a nice journey. Instead of the real part of the ride actually beginning as you turn the bend, you see unload.

It’s like riding pirates and instead of the down ramp into Bombardment Bay you see the exit.
Exactly, it's a good introduction to a better ride. I like it better than pretty much anything in Fantasyland, but it's a short C-ticket that's setup like a much better D/E-ticket.

The Empress Lilly

@marni1971 do you still have the plans for the complete ride concept? How much longer was it? I know it is late there so respond when you can and if you care to. Thanks. My memory was another 1.5 minutes but not sure any longer.
That would be interesting.

Na'vi as is doesn't need to be longer. The rider would just get more bored. The ride needs purpose instead, and then it can't last long enough - nobody ever got bored on those 15 minute EPCOT rides. A pay-off too can lend purpose.

But not obligatory rapids, that mistakes thrill for excitement and turns Na'vi into a Universal ride, a Jurassic Park. I wonder if so much energy was expended protecting this ride from narrative story, thrill, cuts that too little energy remained to find that one single purpose giving direction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom