Shaman of Songs Removed from Na’vi River Journey

mf1972

i thought the ride was so so at most. not bad, but nothing to go crazy over. i can’t see any reason to ride it now with the animatronic gone. is it being fixed?

jt04

I am surprised they didn't build two of them. When one breaks slide it out then slide in the second. Then fix the first. Essentially no downtime.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I’m just glad they had the “yeti meeting” and came up with a plan to repair the shaman easily. That said, as much as I like the feel of the ride (I enjoyed the movie), there should be a bigger “pay off”. With no Shaman, this would be a bust. What was the replacement fx? Anything of definitive content or just more “atmospheric” projections? Would be cool if the could do a scrim/smoke fx with projected “distant” shaman of something to still carry some simblence of the intended A mode. But then TDO would just slash the maintenance budget and go to video full time... so nvm

Bairstow

I am surprised they didn't build two of them. When one breaks slide it out then slide in the second. Then fix the first. Essentially no downtime.
For a while there was word that they had indeed built two and could swap them as needed. I recall this was even confirmed by someone. Maybe they were referring to the TV screen as the "second" shaman and we misunderstood.

For those wondering, here's what the Universal Studios mode of the ride is like:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
When the Fox deal closes, they've got another alien they could use... one that could repopulate Pandora.
Sideshow-Alien-Queen-Maquette-2-600x900.jpg

TJJohn12

TDO creates new Animatronics (via new technology so to speak) but they break down very often.
However, CoP animatronics are still going strong...
I think they may be missing something.

Like having only 4-5 (or fewer) articulation points? Seriously... the more complex and lifelike a system, the more there is to break and wear. Patty isn't going to break down when she's just a manikin strapped to an exercise machine.

KBLovedDisney

Like having only 4-5 (or fewer) articulation points? Seriously... the more complex and lifelike a system, the more there is to break and wear. Patty isn't going to break down when she's just a manikin strapped to an exercise machine.
But just because they are newer in technology, doesn't mean they shouldn't have gone through a good testing of longevity. The older animatronic systems, even though the system itself is rather archaic, had substantial grounds even though their movements were less complicated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom