Shaman of Songs Removed from Na’vi River Journey

Kadiem

Here's the problem, they just need to be upgraded to T800s.

voTU65F.gif
Dangit! You beat me to the T800 punch! Well done :)

spock8113

Must be the cost of the new contract for employees.
I just hope they don't bring in someone undocumented, you know, no Cast member badge.

GlacierGlacier

I'd even be OK with it being short if at a minimum a narrator told guests what the're looking at.
Then this forum would complain about it being far too hand-holdy. You're experiencing the natural splendor of Pandora, becoming one with the natural world, and someone is talking right into your back.

I'd say a good compromise is a Kilamanjaro Safari style TV Pre-Show loop. Play that in the long, boring queue. Have Alpha Centauri Expeditions present a slideshow with clips and na'vi music talk about the various wildlife you're going to see on your journey.

Honestly, that's something they could implement even today.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Then this forum would complain about it being far too hand-holdy. You're experiencing the natural splendor of Pandora, becoming one with the natural world, and someone is talking right into your back.

I'd say a good compromise is a Kilamanjaro Safari style TV Pre-Show loop. Play that in the long, boring queue. Have Alpha Centauri Expeditions present a slideshow with clips and na'vi music talk about the various wildlife you're going to see on your journey.

Honestly, that's something they could implement even today.

What if it had Jungle Cruise style narration.

clarabellej

The Na’vi animatronic is actually pretty impressive.

The ride is certainly much more impressive and enjoyable when you ride it late at night without waiting in a long standby line.

This is one that is s FP must.

Like Peter Pan’s Flight.

Actually this lasts longer, doesn’t it?

My point being any ride might be a let down if you have that long of a wait.

We appreciated Na’vi much more with no long line. The music even grew on us.

dreamersymphony

Has this happened before or is this a new issue?
I have the feeling this might be a common issue. I was at a robotics event this past April and Disney had a demo Shaman head there, with the mechanics and skin displayed separately. The skin is some sort of rubbery material and it definitely cracks and wrinkles a lot. I was surprised how worn out it looked considering how new this head was (even though it was likely built before the real Shaman AA). Also, that head is really creepy on its own with no skin. Cool, but creepy.

Brad Bishop

It feels like buildup to something but then there isn't anything. It just ends. I suppose the clinax is seeing the animatronic. Which, don't get me wrong, is an incredible animatronic, but doesn't feel like a pay off. Just another part of the ride building to something that doesn't happen.

I think it's a current problem with several Disney rides. 7DMT comes to mind. You get off and you think, "That was it?"

You don't get that on BTMR, Splash, or Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc.. They all feel like full adventures. If anything you're thinking, "Oh wait.. There's more!"

geekza

It's an ongoing issue, I specifically had my lunch backstage last night so I could find out what happened. And I was able to get the info first hand. So what's happening is the chin skin isn't staying in place so when the lips move it doesn't look lifelike.
Does anyone know what materials they're using for their humanoid AA figure skins these days? I'd think that silicone facial skins would be more durable (and lifelike) than older types of rubber.

KBLovedDisney

It's an ongoing issue, I specifically had my lunch backstage last night so I could find out what happened. And I was able to get the info first hand. So what's happening is the chin skin isn't staying in place so when the lips move it doesn't look lifelike.
Didn't they have this same issue with Ariel's arm in MK before they just hid the stitches with foliage?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom