Shaman of Songs Removed from Na’vi River Journey

geekza

Patty isn't going to break down when she's just a manikin strapped to an exercise machine.
So true. lol.

The Na'vi AA is amazing, so I'm not surprised that it will have occasional issues. Still, considering it's the one thing that makes the attraction worth riding, I'd be miffed if I waited in a long line and it wasn't there. In a perfect world, they'd shut down the attraction when something major like that was down, but, well... the world is definitely far from perfect, especially these days.

Bairstow

TDO creates new Animatronics (via new technology so to speak) but they break down very often.

However, CoP animatronics are still going strong...

I think they may be missing something.

If one of the main figures from the Carousel, or any number of older rides is not working, the traditional response from operations is to shut down the attraction until it can be fixed. Guests would not know why the ride was closed, and if something like Pirates was shut down because the auctioneer was frozen, most people would assume it was the boats themselves that was keeping the ride closed. With River Journey, WDI, probably learning a yeti lesson, have built in a fallback effect that keeps the ride open when the Shaman is 101, but the downside is that it's obvious to guests when the problems lie with the figure.

KBLovedDisney

If one of the main figures from the Carousel, or any number of older rides is not working, the traditional response from operations is to shut down the attraction until it can be fixed. Guests would not know why the ride was closed, and if something like Pirates was shut down because the auctioneer was frozen, most people would assume it was the boats themselves that was keeping the ride closed. With River Journey, WDI, probably learning a yeti lesson, have built in a fallback effect that keeps the ride open when the Shaman is 101, but the downside is that it's obvious to guests when the problems lie with the figure.
That's what I was getting at. They are just cutting corners.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
COP main characters are A100s.

Here's the problem, they just need to be upgraded to T800s.

voTU65F.gif

KBLovedDisney

That wasn't my point. By building in a "B-mode" for the Shaman, WDI has inadvertently made it much more easy to tell when that figure, as opposed to the ride generally, is malfunctioning. With older rides, outside observers could only speculate which component(s) was causing the downtime.
Ah.

es135

I certainly appreciate WDI having the forethought to include a B mode for the ride, even if it pales in comparison to what it stands in for. I was surprised to have a much more positive reaction to NRJ than what I've read on the boards. That being said, for a ride with so few practical effects, even just one malfunction makes for a bad show.

Andrew M

I rode this ride for the first and only time back in November and I thought the ride was completely underwhelming. I kept waiting for the amazing AA everyone was talking about and before I knew it it was over. At first I thought I guessed it was just so well blended in with the scenery and surrounding projections that I missed it. But this explains why I never noticed it, it probably wasn't there!

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Just a quick question...

How much are these figures? If Disney wanted to upgrade to Shaman style AA in COP for instance. Are the 300k a piece? Is there an in between exsisting and mega Shaman 3000?

YorkshireT

I love those maggots/ caterpillars or whatever that crawl on the tree trunks, and the lizard feet on the leaves. If they’d made the ride twice as long and put in 5 animatronics and a few more effects, it’d be a classic ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom