Shake up in imagineering=alot of new rides?

PLTram

All of these details have to make you wonder.....who is releasing this information to whomever wrote the blog and why aren't they getting fired for spilling so much? Unless the WDI people are totally clueless about someone revealing all of this. Which I imagine they wouldn't be for long.

ToTBellHop

All of these details have to make you wonder.....who is releasing this information to whomever wrote the blog and why aren't they getting fired for spilling so much? Unless the WDI people are totally clueless about someone revealing all of this. Which I imagine they wouldn't be for long.
Al Lutz reveals stuff like this all the time for Disneyland. It's all about who your friends are (I'm not saying I believe any of this, but someone with the right sources could know this stuff). True, Corrus and Lee have not stopped by to confirm any of this, but they also haven't stopped by to deny it (yet).

jam814

I could definitely see a dragon attraction in Animal Kingdom's future--and that was always the coolest part of BK. A dragon remains on the DAK logo, so I would never discount that possibility. It has to be quite a bit different from Dueling Dragons (or whatever it is renamed as in 2009), which is why BK won't happen in its original form. Narnia has dragons, though...and would make a reasonable response to Harry Potter.
With IOA getting Harry Potter I think Beastly Kingdom will be a priority again. Especially since dueling dragons is getting a retheme to potter it wount seem so similar. I would love to see an australia themed land or and aquatic but they still are trying to get people to spend more time in the park and people where not happy with the amount of attractions. With the success of EE it seems like BK would be the first priorty for the rides sake and i from what i read about it imagineers are still pushing this. With this newly risen competition again they will hopefully spend money to stay a step ahead.

So besides any new animal lands (australia and such) and BK what other kind of attractions are rumored for AK. the only attraction that isnt whole land was EE and that Excavator coaster that was originally suppose to go into dinoland. just curious if any one herd of any rumors for new rides in asia or africa or dinoland. or even campMM to make it more permanent.

regardless if this is the first thing to be built in regards to harry at IOA or something else i like the fact universal got the rights. I HP just doesnt fit Disney. Plus the compation solidifies some quality E+D tickets to come within a few months of eachother.

Sabrefan14

Good Stuff

I agree MK right now is good, plenty of attractions, much to do and another park is not needed untill EPCOT, Studios, and AK get some attention. They all need some attractions especially the Studios, and AK, Epcot could use some rides in the World Showcase.

the-reason14

Wow, just wow, I really REALLY hope that all of these are true, but I dont know. Like someone else said it sounds too good to be true, I like it all every single thing that I read, I like it all.

Capt. Jack

Just a few questions..if someone would gladly answer/help..

- "Hopefully, if Disneyland's new Christmas overlay works out well it will be applied to Orlando's castle as well, but we won't know for sure till early next year." ; What Christmas overlay are we talking about?

- "However, the high expense of the ride itself has been an inhibitor in bringing forward that most holy grail of DAK projects: Beastly Kingdom." ; What is this Beastly Kingdom were talking about here? If anyone has any ideas.

- Will they be redoing the Great Movie Ride? New Movie Scenes?

Thanks! :wave:

SrcrersApprntce

Blue Sky

As a long time lurker, if Lee/Corrus don't sing out, it may be due to an NDA, or not enough to pay attention to. I don't mean to speak for those guys in any shape or form. Every read I've gotten from them has been pretty solid, so I'll hide and watch.
:dazzle:

speck76

As a long time lurker, if Lee/Corrus don't sing out, it may be due to an NDA, or not enough to pay attention to. I don't mean to speak for those guys in any shape or form. Every read I've gotten from them has been pretty solid, so I'll hide and watch.
:dazzle:
if they are the best we have... then we really have problems.....

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Are the original BK plans listed anywhere?

bk.jpg

Beastly Kingdom was a planned but not built land of the theme park Disney's Animal Kingdom. The area was planned by Imagineers.It was to have been the land of make believe animals, animals that don't really exist, out of legends, out of fairy tales, out of storybooks. Like legends and fairy tales about imaginary animals, this land is divided into realms of good and realms of evil. The evil side is dominated by Dragon Tower,a burned,wrecked castle inhabited by a greedy,fire breathing dragon.He hordes a fabulous treasure in his tower chamber. The castle is also inhabited by bats who speak to us from their upside down perches. The bats have a plan. They enlist our help trying to rob the dragon and fly us off on a wild chase. At last, we meet the fire-breathing dragon himself and barely escape un-barbecued.
The good side of this land is ruled by Quest of the Unicorn,an adventure which sends us through a maze of medieval mythological creatures to seek the hidden grotto where the unicorn lives. There is also Fantasia Gardens.A gentle musical boat ride through the animals from Disney's animated classic,Fantasia. Both the crocodiles and hippos from " Dance of the Hours" and the Pegasus, fauns and centaurs from Beethoven's "Pastoral" are found here.

Unfortunately, due to budget constraints of the Walt Disney Company, Beastly Kingdom stopped construction (not the whole park) in 1994 and Camp Minnie-Mickey was built as a temporary tenant of the entrance which could one day become Beastly Kingdom. Remnants of this planned area were visible when DAK first opened, including a fire breathing dragon

FloridaPhill

bk.jpg

Beastly Kingdom was a planned but not built land of the theme park Disney's Animal Kingdom. The area was planned by Imagineers.It was to have been the land of make believe animals, animals that don't really exist, out of legends, out of fairy tales, out of storybooks. Like legends and fairy tales about imaginary animals, this land is divided into realms of good and realms of evil. The evil side is dominated by Dragon Tower,a burned,wrecked castle inhabited by a greedy,fire breathing dragon.He hordes a fabulous treasure in his tower chamber. The castle is also inhabited by bats who speak to us from their upside down perches. The bats have a plan. They enlist our help trying to rob the dragon and fly us off on a wild chase. At last, we meet the fire-breathing dragon himself and barely escape un-barbecued.
The good side of this land is ruled by Quest of the Unicorn,an adventure which sends us through a maze of medieval mythological creatures to seek the hidden grotto where the unicorn lives. There is also Fantasia Gardens.A gentle musical boat ride through the animals from Disney's animated classic,Fantasia. Both the crocodiles and hippos from " Dance of the Hours" and the Pegasus, fauns and centaurs from Beethoven's "Pastoral" are found here.

Unfortunately, due to budget constraints of the Walt Disney Company, Beastly Kingdom stopped construction (not the whole park) in 1994 and Camp Minnie-Mickey was built as a temporary tenant of the entrance which could one day become Beastly Kingdom. Remnants of this planned area were visible when DAK first opened, including a fire breathing dragon

Thanks for that, I was aware of the original plans and having been to AK I have seen the creature just off the bridge and also the animal with the other 4 on AK's symbol. Is this the only BK plans that are published?

Animaniac93-98

Just a few questions..if someone would gladly answer/help..

- "Hopefully, if Disneyland's new Christmas overlay works out well it will be applied to Orlando's castle as well, but we won't know for sure till early next year." ; What Christmas overlay are we talking about?

- "However, the high expense of the ride itself has been an inhibitor in bringing forward that most holy grail of DAK projects: Beastly Kingdom." ; What is this Beastly Kingdom were talking about here? If anyone has any ideas.

- Will they be redoing the Great Movie Ride? New Movie Scenes?

Thanks! :wave:

The Christmas overlay refers to the castle being covered with snow and icicles that will glow and change colors with the new fireworks show

I hope they don't change the Great Movie Ride to the Great Pixar Ride.

WDWFREAK53

Disney doesn't necessarily have to "come back" with anything because Universal go Harry Potter.

Think about it...when Islands of Adventure was about to open...everybody speculated that Disney would have to "come back" with something and competition would grow. Islands of Adventure opened...and Disney saw little to no effect. I believe, if I remember correctly, the only parks that were really affected by it were SeaWorld and Universal Studios.

Sure, Harry Potter is a huge name...but so is Terminator, Shrek, Hulk, Dr. Seuss, Spider-man, ET, Back to the Future (RIP), and Jaws.

I wouldn't assume that Disney will fire back with something specifically because Universal is making a Harry Potter land. If it's a huge success for Uni...then you'll see it...but look at the opening of IoA... So much for the "If you build it, they will come," thought process.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
it is like some fanboy just vomited out every idea that has been discussed on every fanboard over the last 2 years... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I completely agree with your statement. The only thing that would get me to re-think things is if ...

What is the Blue Sky Disney Blog, anyway? Is it written by some joe schmoe? Honor Hunter says he's a writer.

someone answered this question and showed that this blogger has a long track record of being correct.

MathewGW

I really hope the Indy thing is true. I loved the Indy adventure in Anaheim, and would love to see it come to WDW, seeing how my family tend to go there and not to California. Sat Tours really does need a revamp as well, it's a good ride, but a new story would be nice.

The part of BK I really would love to see is the Loch Ness Monster thing that was planned (in the lake on the picture). Nessie would be really cool. It'll never happen the way it was suposed to, but it would be cool if a new version happened. Another land would help fill the park out a bit.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hmmm, im not going to bet the bank on a blog. it is what it is... a blog. i give it about as much credit as i do the Hurricane predictors. they could be right and they could be way off (see 2006 predictions). no offense corrus to your fellow peoples'

:lol:

disnyfan89

Didn't George Lucas announce at a convention that he wanted to update star tours! :lookaroun

Wow it's page 4 and Corrus and Lee have not commented at all! Usually their here by page 3!

wherewhy

Didn't George Lucas announce at a convention that he wanted to update star tours! :lookaroun

Wow it's page 4 and Corrus and Lee have not commented at all! Usually their here by page 3![/qu

either they are busy or can't comment ( i prefer the latter, as it may mean this is true) :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom