Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

Scuttle

I dropped a thing of chapstick earlier in the month somewhere in the Animal Kingdom. How good is the zoom on your camera? Can you try and find it?

Lol.

So far my list for pictures is
1. Fantasyland
2. Big Thunder
3. Skyway
4. GF DVC
5. Art of Animation
6. Future Avatar land plots.

Is there anything I am missing? Any requests from anyone?

Vernonpush

Lol.

1. Fantasyland
2. Big Thunder
3. Skyway
4. GF DVC
5. Art of Animation

The new FrontierLand pavements and the old River Country area?

RSoxNo1

Lol.

1. Fantasyland
2. Big Thunder
3. Skyway
4. GF DVC
5. Art of Animation

I "pay" your salary... Avatar should be up top.

Scuttle

I "pay" your salary... Avatar should be up top.

Lol I know I know. I'll be sure to get Animal Kingdom pics. The cool thing about flying over Animal Kingdom is that it is outside the TFR, so we don't have to stay above 3,000 feet. So I should be able to get some very good shots.

cbconglom

Lol I know I know. I'll be sure to get Animal Kingdom pics. The cool thing about flying over Animal Kingdom is that it is outside the TFR, so we don't have to stay above 3,000 feet. So I should be able to get some very good shots.

Yay! Thank you!

Scuttle

Temporary Flight Restriction, but in this case it is permanent since 9-11. We have to stay above 3,000 feet above ground level within a 3 mile radius of the MK. It's actually an interesting story. TDO wanted a TFR for years to keep planes from flying above and ruining the fantasy, but they were never granted one. That's the ironic part is that TDO was probably happy as hell when 9-11 happened because they were immediately considered a terrorist threat and they finally got their TFR.

orky8

I'm not guessing at all. I have the layout right here on my desk.
It is without a doubt a roller coaster, first and foremost. I would not use the term "dark ride" to describe it in any way.

Come on, Lee. You know you want to bust out your MS Paint skills and give us all a peek, right! :drevil:

Gregoryp73

Actually, I liken the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to the old "Big Bad Wolf" attraction from Busch Gardens Williamsburg. While that was an inverted coaster, the pivot ability of the vehicles is the same.

I'm guessing Big Bad Wolf was more intense than Mine Train will be, but that swinging feeling is still pretty cool.

Actually with the pivot that much closer to the car it should be much less intense...This is good, for the ride will feel much less like a slingshot and more like a motorboat cutting through waves.

I think it will make little ones cheer, and adults giggle. I'm looking forward to this one alot!

Captain Chaos

Scuttle, now just Jaws... See if you can get the entire area of Universal's property... The over head would be great to use in the Universal thread...

Mike730

Just to let the few of you know. My flight got bumped back from Monday to Thursday.

That's even better if you ask me. It'll let us see how much progress they've made between the aerials we have from the 31st and then. And, as always, any aerials are better than no aerials, so it will always be appreciated. Thanks for the heads up.

bdearl41

Back to the original topic

Judging by the model it looks much more coaster than dark ride. There are some (appears to be 30 to 40 foot) hills, espescially on the side of the mountain facing Storybook circus.

Does anyone have a layout of the planned track????

Tom

Beta Return
Judging by the model it looks much more coaster than dark ride. There are some (appears to be 30 to 40 foot) hills, espescially on the side of the mountain facing Storybook circus.

Does anyone have a layout of the planned track????

It will be a coaster, with dark ride type scenes along the way. Dark rides, by definition, are "dark" (i.e. indoors). This will be primarily outdoors.

There are two lift hills. One will be directly behind the load/unload building, mid-way through the ride. This lift might very well be indoors, in the mine.

The other will be just to the east of the load/unload building. You will be aimed almost due north, toward Mermaid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom