Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

Skibum1970

Original Poster
So, in looking at the aerials, we can see footers on the end closest to the new Dumbo. Question is, will they construct this ride in the same fashion as Expedition Everest, with the coaster built in conjunction with the framing of the mountain or will they construct the mountain and coaster separately? I am guessing that they will build them at the same time in order to disguise what the ride is like.:shrug:

Murphketeer

So, in looking at the aerials, we can see footers on the end closest to the new Dumbo. Question is, will they construct this ride in the same fashion as Expedition Everest, with the coaster built in conjunction with the framing of the mountain or will they construct the mountain and coaster separately? I am guessing that they will build them at the same time in order to disguise what the ride is like.:shrug:

It will also reduce the construction time of the ride to build them simultaneously. I am sure they will go that direction.

NoChesterHester

I strongly doubt "disguising" is in the contractors vocabulary. They will go with the method that causes the least conflict and rework.

stitch2008

This is just me, but I do like it when coasters are built the way Everest was. Where the coaster and mountain structure were built at once. Personally, I prefer it when a park puts the coaster together, ensures that its all proper, and then move on. Thats just me of course.:shrug:

Grumpy-Fan

Thanks for the info. Judging by the footprint in the aerial photos it appears to be relatively small but still highly intrigueing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not very long but quite pleasent. Think SWSA in feel and time but with outdoor bits. And swings on the corners.

PorterRedkey

If it is true that the ride will have 2 lift hills, does that mean they will be able to run 4 trains at a time or only 3?
Will the unload/load be like BTMRR or SM?

Does anyone have an idea what the projected hourly capacity is?

Just hoping it has enough to handle all the people who are going to want to ride the coaster on the mountain right in the middle of Fantasyland. It is sure to be quite popular!

RSoxNo1

If it is true that the ride will have 2 lift hills, does that mean they will be able to run 4 trains at a time or only 3?
Will the unload/load be like BTMRR or SM?

Does anyone have an idea what the projected hourly capacity is?

Just hoping it has enough to handle all the people who are going to want to ride the coaster on the mountain right in the middle of Fantasyland. It is sure to be quite popular!

As far as I know there will be 4 trains. Each train contains 6 cars, each car seats 4 guests in 2 rows of 2 for a total of 24 guests per train.

Earlier reports had 6 vehicles of 4 cars per vehicle, but that appears to have changed on more recent concept art.

I'm not sure if that means 4 vehicles at once or 4 vehicles total. As for the hourly capacity, I thought I saw 1400 somewhere.

Mike730

As far as I know there will be 4 trains. Each train contains 6 cars, each car seats 4 guests in 2 rows of 2 for a total of 24 guests per train.

Earlier reports had 6 vehicles of 4 cars per vehicle, but that appears to have changed on more recent concept art.

I'm not sure if that means 4 vehicles at once or 4 vehicles total. As for the hourly capacity, I thought I saw 1400 somewhere.

If there is indeed 24 people per train, and it accommodates 1400 guests per hour, that means a train leaves the station at a rate of just under 1 per minute. So, if there are 4 trains running at a time, each ride can be somewhere around 4 minutes (including time spent boarding and unboarding).

PorterRedkey

I see, so I guess this would use a BTMRR style load/unload platform instead of the separate load / unload platforms.

Thanks for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom