Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

PolynesianPrincess

I do not know how much of a similarity I can see it having with a mid-70's Arrow Coaster. You can almost guarantee that the guide wheels will be outboard. Even Vekoma has moved to outboard since RnR. It will be interesting to see who gets the contract for the track. Logically Intamin can be scratched off with their several pending suits and horrendous ride system problems that they currently have. Nothing S&S has could fit the lineup as far as I can see.

Oh I dont know the difference between the different kind of coasters. lol I was just comparing ride experiences. If it's similar to Trailblazer in ride experience (speed, curves, etc..) then it should be great for the little ones too.

bdearl41

bring on the coasters

I understand as much as anyone what disney world is and what it is supposed to be. But i do think that it would be great for each park to have a couple big outdoor, well themed coasters. It can be done with the theming too. Busch Gardens does a wonderful job with it, especially the Williamsburg park. This would not only even out the crowds but keep providing more reason to go. B&M coaster would be great, reliable and can handle a lot of use.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I understand as much as anyone what disney world is and what it is supposed to be. But i do think that it would be great for each park to have a couple big outdoor, well themed coasters. It can be done with the theming too. Busch Gardens does a wonderful job with it, especially the Williamsburg park. This would not only even out the crowds but keep providing more reason to go. B&M coaster would be great, reliable and can handle a lot of use.

None of the big outdoor coasters meet the visual or story requirements of a DIsney park though.

invader

None of the big outdoor coasters meet the visual or story requirements of a DIsney park though.

You could easily tell a story with a setup like IOA's DC. Just shelve it in an area of a park that you could rarely see from a regular park going perspective.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member

As much as I love BGW and go there 50+ times a season, leave it to them for the steel towers and let Disney do what they do. Majority of free standing coasters without any support work close to it (as you have with the DIS coasters) have fracture cutoff temps, typically below 40*.

Exactly, you cannot story a steel jungle properly. Alpengeist has good station theming for Busch and shows a nice video about the monster and that is about it. Same goes for Griffon, LNM, Apollo's, and the BGT coasters. Blackstone wanted to put a true themed coaster in BGW and it ended up requiring an indoor segment to create the story. You can write a back story about anything but without all the surrounding elements that story is ultimately nothing.

stitch2008

For what its worth. In Scuttles new pictures, it kind of looks like they are setting steel frames on the foundation. I could be wrong, but that is likely for the footers for the steel supports. Just my guess.

BigThunderMatt

You could easily tell a story with a setup like IOA's DC. Just shelve it in an area of a park that you could rarely see from a regular park going perspective.

I don't know about you but I can see Dragon Challenge from quite a few locations in the park.

I would consider Everest (with a working yeti) to be a well-themed, BIG coaster. RnRC is also well-themed for a coaster and is certainly one of the most intense Disney attractions.

Personally though I enjoy the simple, yet thrilling theme of California Screamin'. I think it blends in perfectly with that area and I consider it one of the best night rides of any Disney park.

ctxak98

IM sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but is there a date yet for the mine coaster ride? I always forget what people say because its so far behind everything else!

TP2000

IM sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but is there a date yet for the mine coaster ride? I always forget what people say because its so far behind everything else!

But there's various versions of various rumors that range from "early 2014" to "late 2014".

Skibum1970

Original Poster
I have Kings Island just 15 minutes from where I live and Cedar Point just 3 hours from where I live. Both parks have the white-knucklers when I need them. It is great to go to Disney where my wife, who has back problems, can ride everything except for the coasters (still too jerky for her back). So, we don't need record-breakers and coaster superstructures dominating the skylines.

When I noted the depth of the foundation, the only thing that I really hoped for was for a few tunnels (I think all coasters should have tunnels). I really want to see how everything turns out because it seems as if it will be a great update to the Magic Kingdom. By the way, I want to express appreciation to some of the people like Lee or Scuttles for the explanations and aerial photos. It makes a wintry day in Cincinnati (although it's been a mild winter) a little more bearable.

EpcotFanForever

This is just me, but I do like it when coasters are built the way Everest was. Where the coaster and mountain structure were built at once. Personally, I prefer it when a park puts the coaster together, ensures that its all proper, and then move on. Thats just me of course.:shrug:

Yep, they will build it just like Everest. Mountain and track will be built at the same time, and the ride will open with great fanfare. Next the minor effects will fail, then the major effects, and strobe-lights will be installed. I imagine there is a manual for all this somewhere.

RunnerEd

Yep, they will build it just like Everest. Mountain and track will be built at the same time, and the ride will open with great fanfare. Next the minor effects will fail, then the major effects, and strobe-lights will be installed. I imagine there is a manual for all this somewhere.

Post of the weeks so far! Harumph!!!! :ROFLOL:

RandySavage

But there's various versions of various rumors that range from "early 2014" to "late 2014".

Are you sure that's the latest info? The official word in August was "Late 2013":

http://www./2011/08/new-fantasyland...ld-expansion-emerge-from-imagineer-interview/

And from the progress & scale, I think that's being conservative...

invader

scaled.php

Foundation walls going up. Picture from DisneyatWork on twitter. :)

Tom

Beta Return
I believe that it will open before 2014. I expect summer/fall 2013. The progress already is amazing!

Indeed. The coaster work has gone remarkably fast. I never anticipated we'd see this much completed already. Very impressive.

I see it being open by next fall, easily.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Indeed. The coaster work has gone remarkably fast. I never anticipated we'd see this much completed already. Very impressive.

I see it being open by next fall, easily.

And imagineer as D23 said the 7d ride would open 18 months after mermaid, and Lee just recently posted in another thread agreeing with that. That would put the opening well into 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom