Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

Tom

Beta Return
Well, looking at the crane (which is indeed one of the larger we've seen in FL for some months now) is that it's configured for long reaches. We know that no crane is going to be in tight spaces, but most likely fixed in one place to move steel, any kind be it track or building, across over the open pit there.

I would think structural parts and potentially some of the lower track is going in. Most likely for the train garage as they'll be longer pre-built parts the garage will be constructed around. We did see the most concrete pads & footings in the far North/East section of the attraction. That would make sense to build the lower level garage/maintenance bays with the rest of the ride going in around it.

Exactly. They've put this crane there for long term. It is able to sit at the west end of the pit, and reach the entire mine ride site. That way, when they open LM and BatB, they'll be able to wall in the mine ride without having to move the crane several times.

Since most of the real work is at the east end of the plot, it makes sense for the crane to be able to focus it's pick point over that area, with the ability to reach closer if needed. It can also swing back into the staging area between LM and BatB to pick up materials, for now.

Lee

Adventurer
Everyone needs to remember that this is a dark ride with coaster elements included. It will not be a full out roller coaster.
All details about what will be included have not be released. Everyone is guessing.
For some reason Disney is keeping so much of this ride under raps for now.
I'm not guessing at all. I have the layout right here on my desk.
It is without a doubt a roller coaster, first and foremost. I would not use the term "dark ride" to describe it in any way.

How many show scenes is this ride going to have exactly???
Depends on how you define "show scenes". There are two indoor scenes, the main mine and whatever you see during the trip up "Lift B".
I suppose the ride past the cottage at the very end could be called a scene, as well as any little figures and such that you ride past.

invader

This has me worried and excited at the same time.. coasters with show scenes don't seem to have the best of luck at WDW.

NoChesterHester

So on WDW Fan Boys latest podcast Jim Hill mentioned that feasibly Mermaid could be opened by this summer, but heavy construction of some of the site elements for the mine train may delay access to the area... And delay opening of Little Mermaid until November.

Hope they can find an alternate way in. November is a long time to wait still.

Tom

Beta Return
So on WDW Fan Boys latest podcast Jim Hill mentioned that feasibly Mermaid could be opened by this summer, but heavy construction of some of the site elements for the mine train may delay access to the area... And delay opening of Little Mermaid until November.

Hope they can find an alternate way in. November is a long time to wait still.

No way Disney would have an attraction ready for opening, but let it sit because construction of another, remote, attraction was "blocking it". No way, no how.

If LM is ready to open, it will open.

NoChesterHester

No way Disney would have an attraction ready for opening, but let it sit because construction of another, remote, attraction was "blocking it". No way, no how.

Agree, too much money left on the table. Didn't sound right, but thought I'd bounce it into here.

Rob562

I would totally see them operating the Expansion with a dead-end path that ends at Mermaid, until either the Mine Train is complete, or until its construction progresses to the point that it can be a self-contained "island" in the middle of the park.

-Rob

tl77

It looks to me like the "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" is going to be a slightly more elaborate version of this ride called "Trailblazer" at Hershey Park. They're both small in scale, low to the ground, and have corkscrew turns. This video really doesn't do it justice, and the "Trailblazer" doesn't have any kind of show elements like Disney will, but zipping around low to the ground in between trees at high speed is a lot of fun, the "Seven Dwarfs" should be pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GVez8Lrgz4

rpk4444

That crane is enormous. I wonder what it's being used for. They haven't even finished the foundation yet, so I'm curious as to what it is doing. Interesting.

Could that crane be in place to move "old" Dumbo into place? Left it over the open pit rather than around it?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could that crane be in place to move "old" Dumbo into place? Left it over the open pit rather than around it?

I doubt it. It's a big crane but I don't think it has that big a reach. The old Dumbo is almost twice the length of the mine ride hole away from where the crane is sitting.

Tom

Beta Return
I would totally see them operating the Expansion with a dead-end path that ends at Mermaid, until either the Mine Train is complete, or until its construction progresses to the point that it can be a self-contained "island" in the middle of the park.

-Rob

I agree.

RSoxNo1

Actually, I liken the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train to the old "Big Bad Wolf" attraction from Busch Gardens Williamsburg. While that was an inverted coaster, the pivot ability of the vehicles is the same.

I'm guessing Big Bad Wolf was more intense than Mine Train will be, but that swinging feeling is still pretty cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom