Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You're right. They made a mistake. Somebody call TDO and tell them to scrap the whole thing. Start again in 2017.

Yes, that's precisely what he was suggesting.....

Or actually he wasn't, and it was just another opinion. Kind of similar to your prattle.

Tom

Beta Return
So, in looking at the aerials, we can see footers on the end closest to the new Dumbo. Question is, will they construct this ride in the same fashion as Expedition Everest, with the coaster built in conjunction with the framing of the mountain or will they construct the mountain and coaster separately? I am guessing that they will build them at the same time in order to disguise what the ride is like.:shrug:

"Means and Methods" are always up to the contractor. In other words, HOW they build the ride is up to them - as long as it complies with the plans and specs. With this said, they will do what makes the most sense, and is the easiest and in the best interest of the schedule.

If the track is a long way out, they'll probably go ahead and build the rest of the ride, and piece the track in. This ride won't be nearly as complex as EE, or even BTMR. There are only a few locations where the track configuration is complex (like the helix). Also, much of the track will be outdoor, so it can be installed any time.

In all reality, they'll likely install indoor track as they go, since it saves a trip for the crane.

As far as I know there will be 4 trains. Each train contains 6 cars, each car seats 4 guests in 2 rows of 2 for a total of 24 guests per train.

Earlier reports had 6 vehicles of 4 cars per vehicle, but that appears to have changed on more recent concept art.

I'm not sure if that means 4 vehicles at once or 4 vehicles total. As for the hourly capacity, I thought I saw 1400 somewhere.

The maintenance garages are sized to hold a total of 4 trains, based on the scale of the plans.

I see, so I guess this would use a BTMRR style load/unload platform instead of the separate load / unload platforms.

Thanks for the info!

This will likely have an EE style load/unload. BTMR has a fairly "old school" load/unload format, similar to early era and wooden coasters. Most of the major coasters at WDW have separate load/unload platforms (Space Mtn, RnRC, EE). This technically increases capacity, because it adds one more "block" to the track, which allows one more train to be in the system.

PorterRedkey

This will likely have an EE style load/unload. BTMR has a fairly "old school" load/unload format, similar to early era and wooden coasters. Most of the major coasters at WDW have separate load/unload platforms (Space Mtn, RnRC, EE). This technically increases capacity, because it adds one more "block" to the track, which allows one more train to be in the system.

That makes sense. One block at load, unload, 1st hill, 2nd hill for a total of 4 trains. Right?

1400 per hour, sounds like long lines and fastpasses running out at 3 or 4.

I am sure whatever the wait, that it will be filled with interactiveness....

Tom

Beta Return
That makes sense. One block at load, unload, 1st hill, 2nd hill for a total of 4 trains. Right?

I would agree with your block count. In theory, you could squeeze one more block out of it by throwing in a braking section pre-unload, but that's overkill for a ride this short. 4 trains is plenty.

We're guaranteed long waits for this thing when it opens. It will essentially be the first "thrill" ride ever in FL, and will trump everything else in the land. If it's really designed to accommodate entire families (or most people in a family), it's going to be one of the most popular attractions in the park.

Unfortunately, the current plan shows a very old school, winding queue....not conducive to much interactivity. It also appears to be very outdoors. Barring any trees, it'll be a hot queue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the aerial photos it doesnt look very large... looks like not enough room for a coaster.
Just saying

In the areials it's pretty easy to compare the size of Barnstormer to the space where the mine ride is going to go. You could almost fit two Barnstormers in the that space. Remember this is not supposed to be a large scale coaster like BTMRR or Everest. It's going to be somewhere between Barnstormer and BTMRR.

RSoxNo1

1400 is relatively low, and obviously this will have a high demand early on. However, I would expect this to "settle" a lot quicker than Soarin' or Toy Story Mania, mainly because when it opens, it will be at least the 11th Fastpass attraction in the park that runs it daily:
Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Town Square Theater Meet and Greets, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Jungle Cruise.

Compared to the other parks, this will make the return times a bit more manageable after the initial rush to ride wears off.

NewfieFan

Unfortunately, the current plan shows a very old school, winding queue....not conducive to much interactivity. It also appears to be very outdoors. Barring any trees, it'll be a hot queue.

Seriously!?! I thought queues were being improved over time?

That was an early version of the layout. The design is substantially different now.

Do you have another drawing for us? :kiss:

PorterRedkey

We're guaranteed long waits for this thing when it opens. It will essentially be the first "thrill" ride ever in FL, and will trump everything else in the land. If it's really designed to accommodate entire families (or most people in a family), it's going to be one of the most popular attractions in the park.

Okay, so the LM omnimover (which already has short waits at DCA) attraction get the long, indoor interactive queue and the Mine coaster gets the hot, long outdoor queue with no interactivity? :hammer:

That hurts my head:brick:

Gregoryp73

Okay, so the LM omnimover (which already has short waits at DCA) attraction get the long, indoor interactive queue and the Mine coaster gets the hot, long outdoor queue with no interactivity? :hammer:

If the queue is where i think it is...it should place it almost right across where they sell ice cream.

hmmm makes one wonder.:shrug:

coolbeans14

In the UK, many rollercoasters now have food stalls at the halfway point in the queue. a prime example is the SAW roller coaster, which has one open at busiest times, and in hot weather. that is of course because until you reach the show building there is no shade full stop.

pppapazo

The art I've seen seems the queue will be indoors, with two different mine shafts, one for Fastpass and one for standby. Sure, some of that may spill over to an outdoor areas, but I think the same is the case for the Little Mermaid ride.

PorterRedkey

The art I've seen seems the queue will be indoors, with two different mine shafts, one for Fastpass and one for standby. Sure, some of that may spill over to an outdoor areas, but I think the same is the case for the Little Mermaid ride.

That's what I got from the art also. I really hope this is the case!

scottnj1966

Everyone needs to remember that this is a dark ride with coaster elements included. It will not be a full out roller coaster.
All details about what will be included have not be released. Everyone is guessing.
For some reason Disney is keeping so much of this ride under raps for now.

RSoxNo1

Everyone needs to remember that this is a dark ride with coaster elements included. It will not be a full out roller coaster.
All details about what will be included have not be released. Everyone is guessing.
For some reason Disney is keeping so much of this ride under raps for now.

I wouldn't say "guessing". It's not like we're talking about Avatar here. There have been partial ride throughs released that while very primative, do provide a decent amount of information.

Unplugged

That crane is enormous. I wonder what it's being used for. They haven't even finished the foundation yet, so I'm curious as to what it is doing. Interesting.

Well, looking at the crane (which is indeed one of the larger we've seen in FL for some months now) is that it's configured for long reaches. We know that no crane is going to be in tight spaces, but most likely fixed in one place to move steel, any kind be it track or building, across over the open pit there.

I would think structural parts and potentially some of the lower track is going in. Most likely for the train garage as they'll be longer pre-built parts the garage will be constructed around. We did see the most concrete pads & footings in the far North/East section of the attraction. That would make sense to build the lower level garage/maintenance bays with the rest of the ride going in around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom