Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

stitch2008

scaled.php

Foundation walls going up. Picture from DisneyatWork on twitter. :)

Oh ho ho. You beautiful thing.

:lookaroun

Sorry. Get emotional when I see that. Start of it all right there. :wave:

bdearl41

How the track will be layed out.....

So after a great deal of research of videos, photos, markers, and descriptions i have figured out the track layout. The vehicle will exit the station under the mountain with a slight decline in an eastern direction. Through a quick scene it will take a quarter helix downhill to the right outside. Then quickly it will bank away from Winnie the Pooh ride walkway, on a 180 helix back to facing towards the Little Mermaid, where it will go up the first lift hill which should be about 35 to 40 feet. At the top of the lift hill take about a 10 foot drop, then an upward 180 helix to the right, down a double drop hill with a bend to the right in the middle of the hill. At the bottom of the hill it will do another 180 helix to the left, right in front of the teacup walkway to Storybook circus, back towards the Little memaid, over a bunny hop, slight bend to the left back into the mine. To be continued....

bdearl41

How the track will be layed out.....(Part 2)

After entering the mine, right across from Little Mermaid it will bend left 160 degrees through a scene, then back 160 degrees right through a scene. Then onto the second lift hill, all enclosed throught he mine and probably a scene in the direction opposite the station, towards Belle's cottage. At the top of the lift hill it comes out of the mine in the same direction on a 10 to 15 foot drop, flatten out then another drop bending to the right under a bridge. This will be a sharp turn over water, (the same water that the bridge to Gaston's Village goes over) which will wrap around a full 360 going uphill then goes across the bridge is just went under. You can see this bridge in the model very near the entrance from the new castle walls. After the bridge the track will drop about 15 feet and do a couple slight switchbacks heading directly at cinderella's castle before a sharp 180 degree helix away from the castle, this is at the most southwestern point of the ride. The ride will straigten out behind Snow Whites cottage hitting the brake section of the track, bend slight to the right, and re-enter the mine to the unloading station right before the loading station.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, I know you have posted some sketches of the layout in the past, but do you have a recent one?

Dan

There has been at least three different layouts, all slightly different.
I'll try to do a quick sketch of the most recent tonight and post it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom