Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

Tom

Beta Return
And imagineer as D23 said the 7d ride would open 18 months after mermaid, and Lee just recently posted in another thread agreeing with that. That would put the opening well into 2014.

Wow. It's 18 months behind Mermaid? They've accomplished more, faster, on 7D than they did on Mermaid. I guess the coaster part of it might be more complicated to construction than a flat omni, and perhaps they're really going to have a lot more show scenes than we anticipated.

Now, if they're going by soft opening for Mermaid (possibly Aug/Sep), that could mean early 2014.

That's going to be a long time with an island of construction in the middle of FL.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm gonna just leave his laying right here...:cool:

It isn't brand new, but I haven't heard of any substantial changes to the timeframe.

Attachments

• q2.jpg
    q2.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 571

RSoxNo1

I don't know about you but I can see Dragon Challenge from quite a few locations in the park.

I would consider Everest (with a working yeti) to be a well-themed, BIG coaster. RnRC is also well-themed for a coaster and is certainly one of the most intense Disney attractions.

Personally though I enjoy the simple, yet thrilling theme of California Screamin'. I think it blends in perfectly with that area and I consider it one of the best night rides of any Disney park.

I view coasters in 3 categories:

No theming: I would say that all of the Busch Garden Williamsburg coasters fit this category, as do Dragon Challenge, The Hulk, and Kraken. These are basically your static steel coasters

Light theming: This would be something with substantial exposed steel, but thematic elements thrown in. On-board audio helps here. Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin', Manta, Goofy's Sky School, and Primeval Whirl fit into this category

Heavy theming: These are the well themed coasters. The ones that are indoors/in the dark like The Mummy, Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, as well as Big Thunder Mountain and Everest fit this category.

There's certainly gray areas between each categories. I'm sure some would argue that some of the "No theming" coasters could be classified as "Light theming", but that's really just a matter of interpretation.

As for Seven Dwarf's - I would hope that it falls into the Heavy Theming category, otherwise it will likely be a disappointment.

Mike730

No theming: I would say that all of the Busch Garden Williamsburg coasters fit this category, as do Dragon Challenge, The Hulk, and Kraken. These are basically your static steel coasters

Light theming: This would be something with substantial exposed steel, but thematic elements thrown in. On-board audio helps here. Rip Ride Rockit, California Screamin', Manta, Goofy's Sky School, and Primeval Whirl fit into this category

Heavy theming: These are the well themed coasters. The ones that are indoors/in the dark like The Mummy, Space Mountain or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, as well as Big Thunder Mountain and Everest fit this category.

There's certainly gray areas between each categories. I'm sure some would argue that some of the "No theming" coasters could be classified as "Light theming", but that's really just a matter of interpretation.

As for Seven Dwarf's - I would hope that it falls into the Heavy Theming category, otherwise it will likely be a disappointment.

Well put.
As for the bolded statement, I would hardly expect anything but a heavily themed ride. Anything less would do naught but ruin the thematic beauty of the whole area.

Club34

I apologize if this should be common knowledge and for the fact it is slightly off topic, but what is going in the space where old dumbo was? thats a nice piece of real estate and once the rest of the expansion is done it'll be large blank spot there. what did I miss, because I'm sure I did miss something?

disney fan 13

I agree

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I apologize if this should be common knowledge and for the fact it is slightly off topic, but what is going in the space where old dumbo was? thats a nice piece of real estate and once the rest of the expansion is done it'll be large blank spot there. what did I miss, because I'm sure I did miss something?

The wall that separates the existing park of Fantasyland from the Fantasyland Forest will go right through there. The main gate to the Fantasyland forest will pretty much be where Dumbo was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom