Seven Dwarves Mine Ride Construction

Horizonsfan

Say it with me -- B Ticket ... B Ticket ... ... you can do it, my friend!

~Remember when Disney got you excited by new attractons?!

It now looks like nothing more than Barnstormer with a show scene and hidden supports.

Well at least Mermaids an E! Oh wait.:lookaroun

gorillaball

Actually, it is fairly close. Hard to follow your description precisely.

This is a very crude rendition of the most recent layout. I may have posted it before...not sure. Excuse my poor Paint skills.:eek:

Lee, on your drawing is the brown/grey areas mainly what we see them doing the foundation and walls for right now? So much of the track will be outside of the current hole that we see on ariel pics at the present time? If so I think that's pretty encouraging. If your pic is somewhat accurate the current hole we see is only a small footprint of the overall attractions.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, on your drawing is the brown/grey areas mainly what we see them doing the foundation and walls for right now? So much of the track will be outside of the current hole that we see on ariel pics at the present time? If so I think that's pretty encouraging. If your pic is somewhat accurate the current hole we see is only a small footprint of the overall attractions.

Kinda. The hole where they are working appears to be the bulk of the ride's footprint, but not all if it.
Going by the plans I have, the ride will take up much of the space between the hole and Pooh/hole and BatB.

The foundation now visible will support the station, mine scene, maintenance shop, and the mechanics for the two lift hills.

disney fan 13

This is a very crude rendition of the most recent layout. I may have posted it before...not sure. Excuse my poor Paint skills.:eek:

God that's short, I predict like 2-3 show scenes total

Slowjack

Say it with me -- B Ticket ... B Ticket ... ... you can do it, my friend!
The post-ticket-book application of ticket designations is odd. If you don't like how an attraction is shaping up, just state your opinion. Don't try to give your opinion a veneer of objectivity by making up a letter.

We have no idea what letter this, or any other post-Eisner ride would have if it had a ticket, and we never will. The ticket system was intended to manage crowds, and was never an absolute yardstick of quality, ride length, cost, or anything else except for the ratio of supply and demand. At Disneyland, you once had to part with an E-Ticket to ride a mule. Would you call that an E-Ticket attraction now?

But let's say the Snow White coaster really "is" a B-Ticket. What else was a B-Ticket? The Casey Jr. Circus train. Why is a B-Ticket family coaster going in Fantasyland a cause for mourning?

Tom

Beta Return
It's barnstormer through a mine. With a purdy creek out front in the queue. :hammer:

And swaying cars and animatronic scenes. It will be a new hybrid for WDW: part coaster, part dark ride, part new technology (if they can get it to work).

The post-ticket-book application of ticket designations is odd. If you don't like how an attraction is shaping up, just state your opinion. Don't try to give your opinion a veneer of objectivity by making up a letter.

We have no idea what letter this, or any other post-Eisner ride would have if it had a ticket, and we never will. The ticket system was intended to manage crowds, and was never an absolute yardstick of quality, ride length, cost, or anything else except for the ratio of supply and demand. At Disneyland, you once had to part with an E-Ticket to ride a mule. Would you call that an E-Ticket attraction now?

But let's say the Snow White coaster really "is" a B-Ticket. What else was a B-Ticket? The Casey Jr. Circus train. Why is a B-Ticket family coaster going in Fantasyland a cause for mourning?

But on fan communities, such as this one, the lettering system DOES pose a system of measurement, because nearly all of us are familiar with the original system (either by having experienced it first hand, or simply by having been on the boards long enough to know how it worked).

I need to refresh myself on what belonged to each letter back in those days, but I'd personally rank the mine train as at least a C....based only on what I've seen.

Yes, it's all subjective now, but there is indeed a scale we can use.

RSoxNo1

Kinda. The hole where they are working appears to be the bulk of the ride's footprint, but not all if it.
Going by the plans I have, the ride will take up much of the space between the hole and Pooh/hole and BatB.

The foundation now visible will support the station, mine scene, maintenance shop, and the mechanics for the two lift hills.

Heh... Pooh/hole

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yikes, that is getting short. Hopefully they revert back to one of the early versions!

ToTBellHop

Taken from Yesterland.com

From the Disneyland Guide, Summer 1972:

A coupon or 10¢

* Main Street Horse Cars (Main Street)
* Horseless Carriage (Main Street)
* Omnibus (Main Street)
* Fire Engine (Main Street)
* King Arthur Carousel (Fantasyland)
* Sleeping Beauty Castle (Fantasyland)

B coupon or 25¢

* Main Street Cinema (Main Street)
* Motor Boat Cruise (Fantasyland)
* Swiss Family Treehouse (Adventureland)
* Casey Junior Circus Train (Fantasyland)
* Alice in Wonderland (Fantasyland)

C coupon or 40¢

* Fantasyland Theater (Fantasyland)
* Mad Tea Party (Fantasyland)
* Autopias (Fantasyland, Tomorrowland)
* Shooting Galleries (Fronierland, Adventureland)
* Peter Pan Flight (Fantasyland)
* Dumbo Flying Elephants (Fantasyland)
* Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride (Fantasyland)
* Snow White’s Adventures (Fantasyland)
* Mike Fink Keel Boats (Frontierland)
* Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (Main Street)

D coupon or 70¢

* Rocket Jets (Tomorrowland)
* PeopleMover presented by Goodyear (Tomorrowland)
* Flight to the Moon presented by McDonnell Douglas (Tomorrowland)
* Storybookland Canal Boats (Fantasyland)
* Skyway (Tomorrowland, Fantasyland)
* Tom Sawyer Island Rafts (Frontierland)
* Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes (Bear Country)
* Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad (Main Street, New Orleans Square and Tomorrowland)
* Columbia Sailing Ship (Frontierland)
* Mark Twain Steamboat (Frontierland)

E coupon or 85¢ (adults), 75¢ (children)

* Mine Train Ride (Frontierland)
* Pack Mules (Frontierland)
* Jungle River Cruise (Adventureland)
* Disneyland-Alweg Monorail Trains (Tomorrowland)
* Matterhorn Bobsleds (Fantasyland)
* It’s a Small World presented by Bank of America (Fantasyland)
* Enchanted Tiki Room presented by United Airlines (Adventureland)
* Submarine Voyage (Tomorrowland)
* Pirates of the Caribbean (New Orleans Square)
* Country Bear Jamboree (Bear Country)
* Haunted Mansion (New Orleans Square)

This would arguably put The Little Mermaid and The Mine Ride in the D-Ticket range.

bdearl41

This is very similar to my description, me just trying to make it "3D" in words. I think this drawing you have is a very accurate description. Lift A will be outside, Lift B inside.

bdearl41

God that's short, I predict like 2-3 show scenes total

It is most likely looking like one short scene right out of the station, followed by a longer scene in the middle of the ride. If they make a scene while you go up lift 2 they will definately be able to legthen the middle scene.

RunnerEd

This looks like it is going to be a serious people-eater which is why the FLE is being built in the first place. MK needs this badly and I think it looks pretty good FOR WHAT IT IS (a small family coaster). I've watched the D23 stuff and other interviews about this coaster. I've never heard anyone build it up to be an E-ticket ride like Everest was. We're getting 2 great C's/bad D's along with a high capacity restaurant and a ton of very needed eye candy. I'm still looking forward to it opening but won't be planning a special trip just to see it.

bdearl41

This looks like it is going to be a serious people-eater which is why the FLE is being built in the first place. MK needs this badly and I think it looks pretty good FOR WHAT IT IS (a small family coaster). I've watched the D23 stuff and other interviews about this coaster. I've never heard anyone build it up to be an E-ticket ride like Everest was. We're getting 2 great C's/bad D's along with a high capacity restaurant and a ton of very needed eye candy. I'm still looking forward to it opening but won't be planning a special trip just to see it.

I agree, i think one of the best things about FLE is that it will be providing two fantasy land main thoroughfairs which should really alleviate the traffic issues through fantasyland. Also the models all depict a great deal of foilage which is desperate needed in that part of the park. The forest idea should be a great one. The new area will truly have a magical feel, especially at dusk, which is my favorite time in the park as is.

RSoxNo1

I had been thinking that the capacity for Mine Train would be in the 1200-1400 range, 24 guests per train, 4 trains (with probably 3 running).

45 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1920 Guests Per Hour
50 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1728 Guests Per Hour
55 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1570 Guests Per Hour
60 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1440 Guests Per Hour
65 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1329 Guests Per Hour
70 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1234 Guests Per Hour
75 Second Dispatch Intervals: 1152 Guests Per Hour

wilkeliza

Who's got the skills to take Lee's sketch and overlya it with the most recent overhead shot? Would love to see that.

This is 2 different views of Lee's sketch overlayed on the most recent ariel I could find. I am not really in the know of which direction the entrance to the ride goes and such but I'm pretty sure I put it at least on the right area of fantasyland. If I got more specific information I could probably make a more accurate guess but these were just based on direction and what curves seemed to fit where.

This would be the queue going towards the castle walls
minepossible1.jpg

This would be if the queue faced the Little Mermaid ride
minepossible2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom