Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Opening Sooner than we think?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Luckily I was not working for this company back when TT was built so IDK if we had any deal on that ride....I know we did not have any though on the recent changes. (also got to say a 3-1 like per post is not a bad little ratio lol)
Any chance you can fill us in on the rumored problems with the swinging ride vehicles as they come into the load area?

PrincessNelly_NJ

I don't doubt you at all, but I can't find it on their site. Do you have the link to where it reports this?

It was actually in a reply to a comment in which someone asked when it would be open, I believe the exact phrasing was "Predicting soft openings on or about Feb 18th" but I can't seem to find it in my browser history. Ill post the link as soon as I can find it.

Last edited:

DisneyConstruction23

Any chance you can fill us in on the rumored problems with the swinging ride vehicles as they come into the load area?
No unfortunately I cannot....I do know of these slightly but due to our contractual status I am unable to really release much about this project. I apologize for not being helpful but I have put out a little info on other threads that I would not call ground breaking but regardless is something that not everyone knows. Again Sorry for having to remain silent, but Disney is one of our larger contractors so we would not want to bite the hand that feeds us and risk any future work.

djkidkaz

I've stated it before but I will again, I wouldn't expect a soft open until sometime in March. Cast members have until Sunday February 16th to apply to work the mine train. Which means they will have two weeks worth of schedules to work at their current location before they could be transferred and then they still have to be trained. Putting the timeframe for soft opens around early March.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I've stated it before but I will again, I wouldn't expect a soft open until sometime in March. Cast members have until Sunday February 16th to apply to work the mine train. Which means they will have two weeks worth of schedules to work at their current location before they could be transferred and then they still have to be trained. Putting the timeframe for soft opens around early March.
Now stop that this instance. You are only allowed to be overly optimistic or overly pessimistic. There is no "sensible" option.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Luckily I was not working for this company back when TT was built so IDK if we had any deal on that ride....I know we did not have any though on the recent changes. (also got to say a 3-1 like per post is not a bad little ratio lol)

TT 2.0 ran so far behind schedule. Without notice the time frame kept getting pushed farther off, originally it should have re-opened in September 0f 2012, it did not. The M & G in NFL was months off too, that puppy kept having it's dates pushed off also. It was to open in early 2013 and instead pretty late in 2013.

TT 1.0 missed its target opening date by a couple years. Ouch.

Gabe1

OK, now that is what my DS said to me. Ya hear it a second time and that rings truer.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
TT 2.0 ran so far behind schedule. Without notice the time frame kept getting pushed farther off, originally it should have re-opened in September 0f 2012, it did not. The M & G in NFL was months off too, that puppy kept having it's dates pushed off also. It was to open in early 2013 and instead pretty late in 2013.

I thought TT 1.0 was 11 months late, not years.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
According to this site it was supposed to open in May of 1997, but didn't have it's official grand opening until March 1999.

http://www.intercot.com/edc/Motion/index.html
The same article has it opening in mid December of 98. The "Grand Opening" was in May of 99, but the attraction had been running for 5 months by that time. It is still longer than the 11 months I thought, but shorter than 2 years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The same article has it opening in mid December of 98. The "Grand Opening" was in May of 99, but the attraction had been running for 5 months by that time. It is still longer than the 11 months I thought, but shorter than 2 years.
19 months late.

Original plan was May 97. Softs began December 19 1998.

DManRightHere

TT 2.0? We rode it in May 2013 no problem. Broke down less than test track 1.0. Still late opening though.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
awesome! I can't wait to ride this one on September 2014! This will be awesome Ride!
Here's hoping, Jeany.
Lucky you - you will probably get to ride it before me. Instead of going to WDW this fall, I am determined to visit DLR for the first time this year.

Gabe1

I thought TT 1.0 was 11 months late, not years.

I don't think that is correct. Target date was May 1997, it had an incredibly short soft opening on December 19, 1998 and there were all sorts of rumors of what happened during that short time frame. It never grand opened in 1998 after that short soft and instead, the attraction officially opened on March 17, 1999.

I remember it well because I was there in the Fall of 1997, 1998. I finally was able to ride it Millennium Eve night at Epcot.

That is how history kind of get mangled. Some say the TT 2.0 soft opened before it's target date. Well it had so many target dates that the last one finally stuck. It missed its first one of September and another one after that. The fan community tends to sugar coat things on fan sights and then people believe what they read as if it is gospel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom