Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Opening Sooner than we think?

Space Mountain

19 months late.

Original plan was May 97. Softs began December 19 1998.

You are correct! If anyone has the opportunity to take a backstage tour and you pass the Test Track maintenance bay, they have a banner displayed above inside, which says "coming 1997", that was originally displayed on-stage.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
TT 2.0? We rode it in May 2013 no problem. Broke down less than test track 1.0. Still late opening though.
I didn't say it had a problem after opening, (but it did that first month). It closed in April 2012 and was to open in September of 2012, which it did not, my point.

My DS rode TT as a CM 11/19 and it had guests riding it 12/3. That is why I don't trust target dates for major rehabs or launches of new attractions. There are too many IF's. TT proved that twice with 1.0 and 2.0. But with the HUB still not closed yet for CMs for Dwarf I can't see this attraction opening this month. Yep, I could be wrong and hope I am for the the guests visiting in February, it would be a nice treat.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just seen on FB where inside the magic got an invitation to a media preview event for April 30th. It doesn't offer an official opening date.

Based on how they handled the rest of FLE they had a media event the week before the official grand opening. I would guess this could be the equivalent of that. The attractions soft opened about a month before the official opening. My guess of March 20th in the original poll is looking strong:)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Based on how they handled the rest of FLE they had a media event the week before the official grand opening. I would guess this could be the equivalent of that. The attractions soft opened about a month before the official opening. My guess of March 20th in the original poll is looking strong:)

Can anyone find that post with the list of opening date guesses?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Can anyone find that post with the list of opening date guesses?

Here's the list from the original post:

Looks like we've got quite a range of guesses!

Soft opening (unofficial opening to guests) Guess List:

DaveStuart - December 5th, 2013
Pixiedustmaker - December 20th, 2013
hockeyfran - January 15th, 2014
The Empress Lilly - February 4th, 2014
Rose&Crowner - Feburary 7th, 2014
jdmdisney99 - February 13th, 2014
G8rchamps - February 15th, 2014
Tom - March 1st, 2014
danlb_2000 - March 3rd, 2014
KLeight - March 7th, 2014
MOXOMUMD - March 17th, 2014
Goofgoof - March 20th, 2014
JLipnick - March 27th, 2014
Scuttle - March 30th, 2014
Much-Pixie-Dust - April 4th, 2014
RandomPrincess - April 7th, 2014
Jose - April 12th, 2014
Goofy6294 - April 15th, 2014
ShookieJones - May 2nd, 2014
croboy82 - May 20th, 2014
pcaudill - June 1st, 2014
Daannzzz - October 15th, 2014

Disneyfamily4

I do not know if it was mentioned yet, being I did not read through every single post, but a lot of articles are indicating that the soft opening will begin the 2nd week of March. Apparently even the WDW radio guy mentioned on his podcast, that the only ride/attraction ever, to not get a soft opening in any of the parks, was American Idol. Every other ride had a 4-6-week soft opening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I do not know if it was mentioned yet, being I did not read through every single post, but a lot of articles are indicating that the soft opening will begin the 2nd week of March. Apparently even the WDW radio guy mentioned on his podcast, that the only ride/attraction ever, to not get a soft opening in any of the parks, was American Idol. Every other ride had a 4-6-week soft opening.

This sounds reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom