Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

yensid67

Attention Disney World Guests...SELFIE STICK/EXPANDABLE POLE FOR USE OF ATTACHING A CAMERA ARE NOW BANNED FROM WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!

I understand and will comply with the rule, but again some morons have ruined it for those who follow basic rules of respect for others. Oh well, at least they haven't said anything about the helmet mounted cameras...but just wait...some IDIOT will be thrashing their head around trying to take a selfie and will have it banned as well! I know I am being funny, but #1 don't put it passed someone to do this and #2 Just imagine what they would look like trying to take that selfie! :hilarious:

mousehockey37

Stun gun on a stick, pepper spray on a stick.....

HAHA... Disney will be the first to the punch with this one... After they get past Jeff Dunham...

NEW TO MEXICO!!!!! JOSE THE JALAPENO.... on a stick...
latest

TRONorail12

I don't work at MK so I don't know their policies, but multiple times in the past few days I saw CMs tell guests to stow their selfie sticks even when they weren't on rides. Don't know if they just misinterpreted the old rule about not using them in rides.

A cast member has the right to judge if actions being carried out by guests inside the park are safe. If a CM perceives a guest's actions as unsafe, they have the right to ask the guest not to do such action. Refusal by a guest to obey a CM's instruction could lead to security being involved and the guest being removed from the park, especially if the guest's actions could be harmful to themselves or others.

Chef Mickey

I can't wait until they ban cell phones/cameras on rides. This will be more difficult to implement, but the deterrent of telling you not to or face potential discipline might help.

My issues with phones/cameras now are:

1) Excessive flashing
2) Holding up a camera the entire ride, blocking views and generally annoying other guests.
3) Potential safety issue if a camera is dropped or jostled free and hits someone
4) Potential safety issue for people trying to take pictures and hanging out of ride vehicle or stretching their arms out of the vehicle to get shots.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom