Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Has anyone else seen these things yet? Suddenly, they are all over NYC.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, they are these long metal sticks that seem to extend about 4 feet or so. You attach your phone at the end and take a selfie.

It used to be bad enough to have all of midtown Manhattan clogged with giant tourist groups hogging all the sidewalks taking pictures of basically anything from a city bus to a brick wall to a Starbucks.

But NOW they are all cluelessly waving around these metal sticks all over the place. I haven't been bonked in the head yet but I've had a few close calls and I did see it happen to one guy on Friday.

These things have now been banned in a few of the major museums here. I'm wondering if it's going to catch on at WDW.

Has anyone seen them there yet?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They were EVERYwhere on Valentines weekend!!! I was shocked I thought it was just a gag!

For some reason.. I haven't seen any americans using them.. Weird.

Clamman73

Coming to a theme park near you...
selfie2.jpeg

kgaf99

As everyone has said: Yes, all over.

I recently got a GoPro, but refuse to stick it on a selfie stick. I do, however, have it on just a small handle for comfort.

That's cool. Just don't invest in one of those ridiculous baby harness camera holders I see people with GoPros wearing. I don't get it???? JUST HOLD THE FREAKING CAMERA!!! lol

NearTheEars

That's cool. Just don't invest in one of those ridiculous baby harness camera holders I see people with GoPros wearing. I don't get it???? JUST HOLD THE FREAKING CAMERA!!! lol

I will not be getting the chest strap. It's crazy. I have considered the wrist mount, though. And the suction cup mount for the car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom