Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'd be willing to be that if that idiot dropped the stick he would stand up, climb onto the attraction to get the stick, and then get back into the boat.
Probably. The video that picture is from is from youtube. It happened at Disneyland Paris. The way those guys (there were two of them in that boat with selfie sticks) were waving them around, and then barely missed one of the tunnel entrances and just about whacked it with their stupid "compensation devices" is like Jem...truly truly truly outrageous.

I'm glad for the ban, even though I admit to enjoying some of the videos people have made with them. It had gotten out of hand.

img_4735.jpg

Sped2424

Oh No! What will all those South American teens on their right-of-passage trips to Disney World do with their selfie sticks now?

At least the POP and All Star Bus stops still permit them. (And the pools too.) Be on the lookout at the end of the day for selfie stick wars to commence at the bus stops.
Stop with the south america attacks many of the offenders are born and breed here at walmart.

FigmentsFangirl

My brother and I have had this happen many times, In fact ONCE the whole parade float halted briefly becuase of some jerk with a selfie stick wanting to get as close as he could to the float, so the driver stopped, security moved the guy, and the float got back going again. Personally I'd get one of those drones from Brookestone take pictures in the air with that and be done with it

Soon we'll see it happening. Just watch, all the Lucas Star Wars magic will make those Cam-Droids real!

AEfx

Well if they enforce it like smoking then I guess we will see them all the time.

Yes, they should be enforcing all rules, but this one poses an immediate physical danger, especially on rides.

(Before someone flips out, a whiff of someones smoke as you walk by is annoying, but not a health hazard - even if you are asthmatic as I am - if one whiff gives you an asthma attack, your asthma is not under control - you are getting 1000x more toxic fumes sitting in traffic with your windows open - as Patsy on AbFab says, in order to be a general health risk you have to "take big bucketfuls of it in" - and for years at a time.)

I think you'll find them being very diligent about this one. As they should be, since people are apparently so frickin' stupid they don't know any better. In this case, if one of those dang things falls on a ride track, say on BTM - lives can be lost.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While I doubt it happens very often, there are a lot jerks out there. Even if it's never happened, I don't blame Disney for wanting to nip it before "Upskirts at Disney World" videos hit the net and cause bad press.
It just amazes me that anyone would even think about using it in this manner.

BrerJon

Now they need to stop smart-phone recording during shows. The light from the screens shine in your face while you are trying to watch the show.

So many people record theatrical shows or fireworks, but I bet almost none of them ever watch them back... who has time to do that? And yet they cause so much annoyance for everyone else.

I want to grab anyone who's filming fireworks, give them a shake and say 'if you need to see it that badly again it's all on YouTube goddamit!'.

Why oh why do you need to be the 12,995th person to upload a video of Wishes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom