Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

KordovaJD

I saw a good number of selfie sticks in the MK on Friday and Monday, but only in front of the castle really. Didn't notice too many elsewhere.

G00fyDad

FB_IMG_1431568322516.jpg

Jahona

Will it? How are you going to get it into the park? Can't hide it in a bag. I guess you could stuff it down your pants or shirt but again you would probably be singled out by security. It's not to farfetched in the near future to have a follow-drone the size of a Hubsan X4.

Cesar R M

It's going to happen, though. All the time.
Just wait until every teenager can get a similar followdrone from Wal-Mart for $74.99
The future is going to be hilarious.
more like a sad future.
it will be about documenting everyday dumb stuff.. from sleeping to going to the loo.
they will be doing their own personal dumb "realities" and annoying others while doing so.

216bruce

more like a sad future.
it will be about documenting everyday dumb stuff.. from sleeping to going to the loo.
they will be doing their own personal dumb "realities" and annoying others while doing so.
Narcissism and self-absorbed behavior at it's finest. Everyone is a star of their own reality and gets much, much more than '15 minutes of fame' (in their own minds). Yep, sad.

note2001

Narcissism and self-absorbed behavior at it's finest. Everyone is a star of their own reality and gets much, much more than '15 minutes of fame' (in their own minds). Yep, sad.

If written well, this topic and how we got here could make for an interesting read. In my opinion its a misdirection of what's important as driven by advertising. I may be wrong but seems many of our problems do stem from there, and with people believing advertising to be reality.

Its hard to tell the country of origin of folk by just looking at people, but I wonder if the selfie stick has gone as international as I think it has, and it is not primarily a US-based thing. Anyone want to play a guest bingo game, see if we notice a trend?

Last edited:

AEfx

more like a sad future.

The future? That's how "social media" already largely is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom