Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

rct247

A friend told me that one of the MK mountains was stopped due to a selfie stick. As a result, they had to dump the queue, evac the ride, and reset it leaving it down for a hour. That impacts quite a few people.

G00fyDad

A friend told me that one of the MK mountains was stopped due to a selfie stick. As a result, they had to dump the queue, evac the ride, and reset it leaving it down for a hour. That impacts quite a few people.

I doubt they'd stop the ride unless there was an injury involved. The most Disney is ever going to do is remind people over the speakers to not use a selfie-stick on the ride. That amounts to the same thing as a viscous dog running at you from its yard only to get stopped short by it chain.

Csmith041177

I must be the most clueless person on earth. I honestly had no idea what a "selfie stick" was until our most recent trip to WDW last month. I was shocked by the number of people using these. They did not really bother me, except during Fantasmic when almost an entire row of people in front of my wife and I were using them.

Polydweller

I doubt they'd stop the ride unless there was an injury involved. The most Disney is ever going to do is remind people over the speakers to not use a selfie-stick on the ride. That amounts to the same thing as a viscous dog running at you from its yard only to get stopped short by it chain.
Actually, Disney in their release about adding signage at BTMRR say they've had to stop the ride many times (they don't give the number). It's best to stop before something happens and someone gets hurt.

G00fyDad

Actually, Disney in their release about adding signage at BTMRR say they've had to stop the ride many times (they don't give the number). It's best to stop before something happens and someone gets hurt.

They didn't stop the ride, dump the queue, evacuate the guests, and then reset everything because of it. They slowed it down (like it already does several times) and reminded people over the intercom to not use the sticks.

Prince-1

We need a picture of that sign.

It is in the article. But here ya go...

Screenshot_2.jpg

NowInc

I wonder how long until fines or bans are needed.
Honestly, people are stupid that wont stop until it affects them where it hurt most.. aka wallet.

The ride signs are the first step. If they aren't effective (they wont be), then expect the signs to be moved to the entrance of the parks.

note2001

I must be the most clueless person on earth. I honestly had no idea what a "selfie stick" was until our most recent trip to WDW last month. I was shocked by the number of people using these. They did not really bother me, except during Fantasmic when almost an entire row of people in front of my wife and I were using them.

You should have grabbed a row-length pic of this and posted it. Not only could you have won selfie-stick bingo for most ridiculous use of a sh-tick in a Disney park but you could have also set a record for the most number of folk using them all in one pic!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Seriously though...I'm going next week...if someone sticks a selfie stick up in my face while on an attraction...it will be coming down. Some of those videos are ridiculous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom