Selfie sticks - is this a thing at WDW yet? Disney clarifies policy

EpcoTim

In other news; Apple banned selfie sticks at its upcoming developer conference.

Wide spread fear has overcome the hipster world over a possible extension of the ban making its way to the Apple stores. An online call to arms (petition) will be up soon.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
In other news; Apple banned selfie sticks at its upcoming developer conference.

Wide spread fear has overcome the hipster world over a possible extension of the ban making its way to the Apple stores. An online call to arms (petition) will be up soon.

Using a selfie stick in an Apple Store should be banned. Those places are always crowded.

note2001

I had an image come to mind of someone holding a golf club out in the air like some of these vloggers do, and randomly spinning in a circle disregarding other people walking by. :rolleyes:

I am positive that if someone were hit by a golf club there would be words exchanged and the offender would have nothing to fall back on to justify their actions. So, why is it that the selfie takers are being permitted to do so? Is it the idea that they're swinging a piece of tech on the end of the stick that has meaning to them, and if broken would be expensive to replace whereas when someone's skull meets up with a golf club it's not the club that will be breaking that makes the difference?

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I had an image come to mind of someone holding a golf club out in the air like some of these vloggers do, and randomly spinning in a circle disregarding other people walking by. :rolleyes:

I am positive that if someone were hit by a golf club there would be words exchanged and the offender would have nothing to fall back on to justify their actions. So, why is it that the selfie takers are being permitted to do so? Is it the idea that they're swinging a piece of tech on the end of the stick that has meaning to them, and if broken would be expensive to replace whereas when someone's skull meets up with a golf club it's not the club that will be breaking that makes the difference?
Wouldn't make any difference to me. If I see one being swung in my direction, I will make sure that my arms flail away and knock the offending stick away from me, and hopefully out of their hands. If it ends up in a lake or river, BONUS! What are they going to do? They assaulted me with a weapon, and I defended myself.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
agvKLx1_460s.jpg

AEfx

The invention itself is NOT the problem, its the person wielding it. I am sure MANY MANY MANY people use them responsibly, and thats great and I thank them, and I do feel bad that if they get flat out banned it will only be because of the actions of one too many careless persons.

But what's funny is that the product was "invented" as a joke to make fun of those people who can't stop taking "selfies". Then they actually made them and these saps bought them!

It is like inventing a device that lets you pick your nose from both sides at the same time. It clearly would be making fun of those who can't get enough of picking their nose, and then said folks going out and actually getting the item that's intention is to make fun of them.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But what's funny is that the product was "invented" as a joke to make fun of those people who can't stop taking "selfies". Then they actually made them and these saps bought them!

It is like inventing a device that lets you pick your nose from both sides at the same time. It clearly would be making fun of those who can't get enough of picking their nose, and then said folks going out and actually getting the item that's intention is to make fun of them.

Where can I buy one of those nosepickeratornators.would really free up some time for me .

shipley731

Was just in DC this past weekend & got stuck behind a tour group. At the back was a young female taking constant selfies with her selfie stick. Didn't really have any rhyme or reason - picture of her in front of the bland side of the treasury building - no statue, no sign to really indicate where she was. Then would walk 10 feet & take a picture of herself with the street in the background. There was a guy following her, taking pictures of her taking selfies. He had a tradtional camera. This went on for a while until we could finally get around them. I almost pulled my camera out to take a picture of the nonsense, but figured that would only add to the ridculousness.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Was just in DC this past weekend & got stuck behind a tour group. At the back was a young female taking constant selfies with her selfie stick. Didn't really have any rhyme or reason - picture of her in front of the bland side of the treasury building - no statue, no sign to really indicate where she was. Then would walk 10 feet & take a picture of herself with the street in the background. There was a guy following her, taking pictures of her taking selfies. He had a tradtional camera. This went on for a while until we could finally get around them. I almost pulled my camera out to take a picture of the nonsense, but figured that would only add to the ridculousness.
You should have tried to photo bomb her. :rolleyes:

betty rose

I took my family to a Cheesecake Factory near here and witnessed a couple of idiotic girls using a selfie stick at a table. Yes. In a restaurant. They snapped more photos of the food and them eating it than they should have. (By the way, that number should be 0) They were finally asked to put the stick away when they smacked a server square in the face (HARD) while swinging it upward to snap their latest treasured pic. The server ran off to the bathroom with a split lip. Who cares about having that many pictures of someone?? How self-obsessed can people be that they think anyone gives the slightest crap what they are doing every second of every single day. "Look at me eat this shrimp. How cute am I?" "Look at me do a duck face. How cute am I?" "Look at me flash a peace sign. How cute am I?" "Look at me pretend to kiss my friend's cheek. How cute am I?" "Look at me!" "Look at me!" "Look at me!"
I'm here late to the party....just have to say...they won't look very cute, with a big swollen nose, after someone breaks it with their selfie stick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom