Selected for Fast Pass Plus

jlthomas81

I'm interested in the answer to this myself, especially since my party is now making a detour to the MK for a few hours just to participate in the trial.

But as for the second part of your statement - it's not in the screenshots posted, but when I went through to complete the process, it allows you to actually customize the FP+ by party member. So if you want to ride Space by yourself, but don't want your party to have to wait for you (or if there's something else that they want to do that you secretly don't enjoy), there's the option to schedule them to FP+ one of the other rides on that list while you go enjoy Space Mountain, then meet up afterwards.

LOL!! I saw that too....your comment conjured up visions of me hoping on Space Mountain, while my hubby took our two littles to ride on Dumbo...I am thinking that would not be the highlight of his trip!! :)

This is the second year in a row that we have been sprinkled with some Disney Magic...last year, a couple weeks before we left for our May trip, there was a chance to win a late night Meet-Up the night before the new Star Wars Ride officially debuted. Both my husband and I were picked out of the only 250 people chosen, and were able to bring our then 5 year old, Star Wars fanatical daughter. It was an experience that I will never forget. And even though we weren't some of the very first to ride it, being brought in the back way of DHS at midnight, and riding Star Tours 3 times back to back and having Leia give my DH a kiss (my profile pic)....well, those memories are priceless!!

Angus MacBadger

LOL!! I saw that too....your comment conjured up visions of me hoping on Space Mountain, while my hubby took our two littles to ride on Dumbo...I am thinking that would not be the highlight of his trip!! :)

This is the second year in a row that we have been sprinkled with some Disney Magic...last year, a couple weeks before we left for our May trip, there was a chance to win a late night Meet-Up the night before the new Star Wars Ride officially debuted. Both my husband and I were picked out of the only 250 people chosen, and were able to bring our then 5 year old, Star Wars fanatical daughter. It was an experience that I will never forget. And even though we weren't some of the very first to ride it, being brought in the back way of DHS at midnight, and riding Star Tours 3 times back to back and having Leia give my DH a kiss (my profile pic)....well, those memories are priceless!!

That sounds like an awesome experience for you and your family. Lucky!

My sister has been talking for WEEKS about how she wanted to be part of the testing for the FP+ system; whether or not the system is good or bad, she's just beyond thrilled that she gets the opportunity to test it out. And it's kind of fun being able to count down the number of minutes until we get enjoy every single pun the Jungle Cruise has to offer. :)

wagnerdanp

I was selected too!

A few items to note, I was unable to make my selections on my web browser, however, when you type the website into your phone, there appears to be a slightly different site and I believe it is for mobile phones. I was able to make all of my fastpass selections off of this mobile site last night.

Our family has two rooms and luckily both rooms were selected! One issue is that I can not get the individuals in room 2 to match the fastpasses that I made in room 1. Hopefully there will be a fix for this but at the time this could become an issue when reserving fastpasses for your entire party and not just the individuals in your room.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, have you found a work around?

steve76

Has anyone been selected that lives outside of the US? If not then I assume they are not picking overseas guests so that they don't have to send the cards internationally. I'm waiting patiently just in case... ;)

PolynesianPrincess

Just checked my deleted items folder from yesterday (just in case I got an email too and just deleted it) and there it was. Trying to pull it up at work right now but it won't let me on my browser. Going to try on my iPhone and see if it works there.

Billy6

Just checked my deleted items folder from yesterday (just in case I got an email too and just deleted it) and there it was. Trying to pull it up at work right now but it won't let me on my browser. Going to try on my iPhone and see if it works there.
Finally...just did it on my fiancé's IPhone and it worked!

PolynesianPrincess

Where are you staying? All Star Sports
For how long? 9/24-10/1
Are you DVCers? Nope
How many children are in your party? 0
How many times have you been to WDW? This is my 25th trip
Do you have APs? Yes
Had/have you purchased the DDP? Yes
Are you using DDE or renting a car? DME
Do you plan on going off WDW property for any part of your vacation (from a meal at Subway to a day at Sea World)? No, but not like they would know that if we were.

Picked Winnie the Pooh, Splash and BTMRR and the priority seating for the Celebrate A Dream Come True parade. We've never seen this parade and figure it'd be interesting to see how this all works out.

muteki

Being able to change your reservation leading up to your travel dates is nice, but I guess we won't get a sense of how quickly things fill up until the system is fully deployed. It is going to be hard to qualify this without knowing just how early one would need to reserve to get what they want.

4 reservations is also pretty small (compared to how many FP's I use a day, in MK especially). Not sure if that is just because of the preliminary testing or if that is how it will be.

The more I see the more I hope that this will just be an additional layer on top of the existing FP system. I can't imagine it completely evolving to this, or I think I will be waiting in standby a lot more.

DisneyGirl3820

Not a fan of this idea at all. How would this work when people get AFR's (Advanced Fastpass Reservations), early and the folks that are actually at the park get to the kiosks and don't stand a chance since the passes have already been taken online! It's hard enough when you sprint to the machines at Soarin' first thing in the morning but now we have to compete against people 180 days in advance! Come one!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom