Selected for Fast Pass Plus

Tom

Beta Return
To further address the questions regarding eligibility, here is additional information based on responses to Travel Agents in their portal:

"This test is limited to those Guests who booked Disney's Magical Express for arrival during the test period. Disney Vacation Club members may be eligible if they are using Disney's Magical Express, depending on the dates of their stay."

"The initial test runs from Sept 18-24, though there may be additional future tests. Again, this test is limited to those Guests who booked Disney's Magical Express for arrival during the test period."

"[if travel agent is unable to forward invitation to client in time]...we will engage with eligible Guests when they arrive at Disney's Magical Express, ensuring that they are still able to participate in this test (if desired)."

"This test is available to those Guests who booked Disney's Magical Express for arrival during the test period. If you do meet the qualifications for the test group you will be contacted."

To summarize, it appears as if utilization of DME is the sole basis for selection. And from their last comment, it sounds as if almost everyone arriving on DME on one of those days will be invited. It is important to note that if you booked through a travel agent, THEY will receive your invitation - not you.

peterpanic74

To summarize, it appears as if utilization of DME is the sole basis for selection. And from their last comment, it sounds as if almost everyone arriving on DME on one of those days will be invited. It is important to note that if you booked through a travel agent, THEY will receive your invitation - not you.

Interesting. That would explain why my mother, who booked directly thru Disney, got an email. I will reach out to my agent to see if we were invited.

theRIOT

My family arrives the 16 and are staying through the 22 and we received the email invite yesterday. Signed in, chose my date to test and got 4 passes. 1 each for PPF, HM, Buzz and the meet and greet with Mickey for everyone in the family.

I'm interested to see to see how well it works.

Generally I'm against too much pre-planning on my trips. I enjoy doing things on a whim, so things like planning my dining 6 months out annoys me. But if I want a decent sit down meal, I do it.

Anyone else going to be there that week and doing the test?

llrain

initial reaction following the ability to choose my rides now before I leave,
I think its a dumb idea. THough I will prob do one of the 4 rides using this thing in two weeks.
Doing this will probably be the only time, why?
Because on the 24th we already had all of our plans and it didnt include Magic Kingdom. THe 24th
is the only day we can play with this so we chose to do it.
We have to basically change around everything we planned for the 24th to accommodate this fastpass
deal, except our dinner, we refuse to cancel the dinner we had because yes, some of the fastpass + times
ran into dinner. With that said this fastpass + System will be geared more towards first or second time
travelers not towards semi anual folks like myself who do not really need this micro-preplanning down to knowing the hour I am going to ride something.
The whole thing is just for psycho preplanners with their spreadsheets of daily activities where and what they
will be doing every hour of their trip and we're just not like that.
For the sake of being chosen we will play with it twice on the 24th and then probably just become a thing of the past for us. PLus we mainly did it for the nostalgia of these fast passes, guarantee you that DIsney will NOT be
returned all of the ones we get in the mail

Witchy Chick

This is what was reported on our show by Jim Hill. They didn't want people seeking out the testing, so they tried to be as random as possible. I'm curious if the people selected informed Disney how many trips they've had.

I think Disney has that info already in their super-duper Big Brother database of every aspect of your (Disney) life. ;)

Case in point -- when booking our upcoming trip, I (obviously) used my parents' address for their resort reservation. I used my email address however (since I am the family travel agent -- LOL). Mom and Dad's email invoice.............has my brother's name attached. :confused: I suspect this is from the most recent time a trip from that mailing address (Mom and Dad's) was booked (for my brother's honeymoon).

Because on the 24th we already had all of our plans and it didnt include Magic Kingdom. THe 24th
is the only day we can play with this so we chose to do it.
We have to basically change around everything we planned for the 24th to accommodate this fastpass
deal, except our dinner, we refuse to cancel the dinner we had because yes, some of the fastpass + times
ran into dinner.

I think this answers the question I was about to ask "Can you choose which day in which you will be in MK to test the FP+?" Sounds like "no - you are 'assigned' a MK day in which to test FP+" correct?

I know this is just "the test" but not only is Disney dictating a schedule for rides throughout your day -- they are also dictating which park (MK) you need to be in on which day.

No thanks. :(

Witchy

jlthomas81

I think Disney has that info already in their super-duper Big Brother database of every aspect of your (Disney) life. ;)

Case in point -- when booking our upcoming trip, I (obviously) used my parents' address for their resort reservation. I used my email address however (since I am the family travel agent -- LOL). Mom and Dad's email invoice.............has my brother's name attached. :confused: I suspect this is from the most recent time a trip from that mailing address (Mom and Dad's) was booked (for my brother's honeymoon).

I think this answers the question I was about to ask "Can you choose which day in which you will be in MK to test the FP+?" Sounds like "no - you are 'assigned' a MK day in which to test FP+" correct?

I know this is just "the test" but not only is Disney dictating a schedule for rides throughout your day -- they are also dictating which park (MK) you need to be in on which day.

No thanks. :(

Witchy

I was able to choose which day. However, our trip is from the 18-26 so it covers the entirety of the trial period. Maybe that's why we had so many options....

My only plans revolve around which park we will be in which day. It was easy for me to decide which day(s) to do the trials because we had our park days already chosen. The only other ressies we have are for my daughters BBB experience. So it left us with tons of options. Yes Disney has lots to offer in way of restaurants, however, having to plan my whole trip around where I want to eat is just not my style. I am perfectly fine with counter service, or trying for a walk up if the urge strikes :) I do feel like most people plan at least their days to be in each park, so having a few FP+ options lined up before you go wouldn't be so bad....it would ensure you a not too long of a wait at the attractions. I think the trial is basically just that, a trial of the website process, DME process and the actual RFID's at the rides.

llrain

received snail mail invitation in today mail aside from last weeks email invite. Looks like they are making sure that anyone who is eligible is invited in more than one way

Robbi129

We were chosen for this test also. Our day is Sept 24th which is our arrival day. Wasn't planning on going to Magic Kingdom that day, but I am now rearranging ADR's so we can do it. The test runs from Sept 17-24, I believe. I know it ends on the 24th, which is why we didn't get to pick our day.

Tinkerbella16

We were chosen for this test also. Our day is Sept 24th which is our arrival day. Wasn't planning on going to Magic Kingdom that day, but I am now rearranging ADR's so we can do it. The test runs from Sept 17-24, I believe. I know it ends on the 24th, which is why we didn't get to pick our day.

Cool! Hope you enjoy it! I am choosing my arrival day 9/23! I am so glad I planned in this time frame.. this will be so cool to try! And my friend who I am traveling with, but is staying at a different resort than me also got selected so it worked out perfect since we planned our days together, and we can plan the same rides to do!

mitchk

I just got mine!!! I have not logged onto the site yet(my best friend, and his family are going as well, and I want to make sure they recived the offer as well). I thought it was going be be sent by e-mail, but we got it it the mail o_O Anyway, mine is also for the Magic Kingdom, just not sure what day. I'm so glad I get to test this out .... I did not think the Nextgen was a good idea ..... Now I get to judge for myself:) Congarts to all of you who also recived this. Make sure to tell everyone on this site your thoughts on how well the new system works :D

Tom

Beta Return
received snail mail invitation in today mail aside from last weeks email invite. Looks like they are making sure that anyone who is eligible is invited in more than one way

Good for them. And yes, it is their goal to get the invite in the hands of everyone who will be on property during their test window, AND who will be arriving by Magical Express.

Tinkerbella16

I just got mine!!! I have not logged onto the site yet(my best friend, and his family are going as well, and I want to make sure they recived the offer as well). I thought it was going be be sent by e-mail, but we got it it the mail o_O Anyway, mine is also for the Magic Kingdom, just not sure what day. I'm so glad I get to test this out .... I did not think the Nextgen was a good idea ..... Now I get to judge for myself:) Congarts to all of you who also recived this. Make sure to tell everyone on this site your thoughts on how well the new system works :D

Cool!! When you go onto the website that is on the card, and you log-in and use the Reservation ID #, multiple days will come up and you can choose one of them.. for me it was 9/23, 9/25, 9/26 and 9/27 and I chose 9/23 and then a list of rides, parades and shows come up and you choose 4. I haven't done the rest yet because I am waiting for my friend who got his to give me the times he chose for the four rides. He got his in an email last week, so I have been checking my email all week!!! Finally, it came in the mail, not knowing they were doing it that way so I was excited get it!!!

wiigirl

Nice! :)
75.gif

mitchk

Cool!! When you go onto the website that is on the card, and you log-in and use the Reservation ID #, multiple days will come up and you can choose one of them.. for me it was 9/23, 9/25, 9/26 and 9/27 and I chose 9/23 and then a list of rides, parades and shows come up and you choose 4. I haven't done the rest yet because I am waiting for my friend who got his to give me the times he chose for the four rides. He got his in an email last week, so I have been checking my email all week!!! Finally, it came in the mail, not knowing they were doing it that way so I was excited get it!!!

Thanks for the info. Now this does make me wonder .... I'm guessing that we will not be able to get any paper FP's that day o_O and does that mean no paper FP's at anyother park that day either??

It's still very cool to be one of the testers, I'm gonna save my card I got in the mail today :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom