Seldom known WDW tidbits

Buried20KLeague

Nut4Disney said:
There is a discussion forum/heading on here already called "Disney Trivia -little know tidbits". I'm sure that people already know that. Just pointing that out, because if anyone else would have come up with this topic, Thrawn would have directed someone there in his usual cheerful manner. :D

Okay, that was funny. :lol:

SilentWindODoom

Well, what do you know? You're right. I looked it up, and it is 90. Hm. In the words of my friend Jon, "I've been misguided my whole life!"

I did enjoy reading some others, though.

"You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

Horizons1

Ok heres a few from me:

When the HM props and AAs were being built for DL, the Imagineers decided to go ahead and make duplicates. This was because WDW was under construction at the time and the HM was to be one of the opening day attractions, so rather than doing one set for DL and then having to come back and do another for WDW, it was just easier to do them all at once. The figures were cast and put into storage. They were then pulled out when the inside was ready for them. The HM was ready for full operation in April of
1971, making it one of the easiest projects in all of WDW.

I think the storage room for KK and FR replacement parts and such was under the HM. Since they are both gone, I have no idea what the space is used for now.

Yoop33

Horizons1 said:
I think the storage room for KK and FR replacement parts and such was under the HM. Since they are both gone, I have no idea what the space is used for now.

I think it might be used for the stretching room. See when the room stretches we go in to the ground.... maybe that is what it is for.....:hammer:

Connor002

Yoop33 said:
I think it might be used for the stretching room. See when the room stretches we go in to the ground.... maybe that is what it is for.....:hammer:

WDW's HM stretching rooms do not go down.

Horizons1

Yoop33 said:

Only DL's and DLP's stretching rooms are elevators. WDW's and TDL's are just there because its a popular effect.:hammer:

SilentWindODoom

If you want to exit your doombuggy and step into the scenery at some point during your ride in the Haunted Mansion, which is not recommended by me or this site, do not do it during the Sceance scene. You may notice that the floor is dark except for the rug that the chair and crystal ball sits upon. There actually is no floor. From your doombuggy, it is a 15 foot drop. The area below is often used for storage. It may be the spot you're talking about.

Also, in the library, you are actually moving on a slope upwards. The entire scene is also built at a slant so that you don't notice.

disnyfan89

Also in the Haunted Mansion in the Ballroom scene all the Plate Settings are different. If you lift up the main plate under it is a photo of how the Place Setting should look.

Also each Ballroom dance represents a different princes. They four are Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle.

Also in the Ballroom in the very back left there is a small picture sitting on a table. That is a picture of a cast member standing out front the HM. The cast member decided latter to slip that picture into the ballroom scene.

celestia

When finishing construction on the Adventurers Club, they ran out of money and couldn't fill the place up as much as the imagineers wanted. Thus Joe Rhode filled it with stuff from his travels!

Moustronaut

disnyfan89 said:
Also each Ballroom dance represents a different princes. They four are Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, and Belle.
Ok that must be a recent addition from rehab or just names given to them by cast members since the haunted mansion predates two of those princesses.

AKQJ10

wdwfanaustria said:
Yes, there is a book I enjoyed reading: The Walt Disney World Trivia Book (Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1887140492/qid=1130272226/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-8166118-6514414?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Thanks to you and Stitch for the kinds words about the book! SO happy to hear that you're enjoying it!!!

:sohappy:

Oh, and Did You Know... that Disney sells more than 10 million hamburgers, 7 million hot dogs, 9 million pounds of french fries and 300,000 pounds of popcorn every year?

And one more for the road... Did You Know that the winding brown path throughout Liberty Square represents a river of sewage?

disnyfan89

Moustronaut said:
Ok that must be a recent addition from rehab or just names given to them by cast members since the haunted mansion predates two of those princesses.
You are correct in saying that two of those princess are older! Its odd becuase I got a chance to stand in front of them (closes enough to get hit by there dress as they pass by) and you can look at them and tell which ones which! I think it is just a cawinkidink

stuart

Im sure i read somewhere that the bridge you go under on the way to the Magic Kingdom just before the Contemporary linking Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake was the first bridge in the world where the body of water went above the road.

chocomog

Maybe someone can verify or refute this, but my during my last trip to WDW, one of the shuttle bus drivers said that ToT and the Castle can both be stripped down to bare frames within a couple of hours, in case of a hurricane.... it seemed pretty far-fetched to me, has anyone else ever heard this?

nicholas

chocomog said:
Maybe someone can verify or refute this, but my during my last trip to WDW, one of the shuttle bus drivers said that ToT and the Castle can both be stripped down to bare frames within a couple of hours, in case of a hurricane.... it seemed pretty far-fetched to me, has anyone else ever heard this?
:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
stuart said:
Im sure i read somewhere that the bridge you go under on the way to the Magic Kingdom just before the Contemporary linking Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake was the first bridge in the world where the body of water went above the road.

Not the first, maybe in the US, but there are lots of them in the UK

To quote Timekeeper "What journey is complete, without a brief moment in the English countryside with someone named Trevor? Hello, Trevor. Take care... We`re heading for that aquaduct" :lol:

BTW; a bridge that carries water is an aquaduct.

disnyfan89

chocomog said:
But then everyone would be able to see the missile inside the castle!

imagineer boy

chocomog said:

NEVER trust the bus drivers.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom