Seldom known WDW tidbits

Connor002

I must need to get out more...
Almost everything here, with the excepting of a few I think may be untrue, I already knew.:lol:

By the way, I don't think I'll contribute to this becuase some of the things I think are amazing are common knoledge, and chances are whatever I put here someone will know anyway.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Stitch_Kingdom said:
Rock n Rollercoaster has its own power grid. This is because of the launch of rnr combined with the fall of the ToT and various other things would cause a blackout in the the park!

This isn't true. RnRC was put into the location it was so that it could share the ToT power station without having to build another station. Thats why the two thrill rides are next to each other at the expensive of causing the backup that exists at that end of the park.

mhead

Thrawn said:
Ooh one more for me on a George Lucas note:

In Raiders of the Lost Ark, R2-D2 and C-3P0 can be seen engraved into the Ark of the Covenant. They are dutifully recreated on the Ark in the Great Movie Ride.

I know they are on the wall in the Hyrogliphics (sp?) in the ark room, but are they actually on the ark itself as well?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SpongeScott said:
and this is how you're going to leave us hanging?
you beat me too it......... i have my opinion on the wrong ones and the ones that arent "entirely" true.

ei: it may be true, but it is hard for me to believe that "FSU" is said on a Disney attraction (SPL MTN) in such a recognizable spot??

Buried20KLeague

Thrawn said:
Yes, they used her face, but not her voice.

Really. Interesting. I'll have to see if I can find the quote from the book. It certainly leads you to believe she was responsible for the entire part. I'll have to read it again.

Captain Hank

Buried20KLeague said:
Really. Interesting. I'll have to see if I can find the quote from the book. It certainly leads you to believe she was responsible for the entire part. I'll have to read it again.
For the Mme. Leota effect, they used Leota Toombs' face, but Elanor Audley's voice. For the Little Leota/Ghostess effect at the end, both Mrs. Toombs' voice and face are used. I think that might be where the confusion is.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Captain Hank said:
For the Mme. Leota effect, they used Leota Toombs' face, but Elanor Audley's voice. For the Little Leota/Ghostess effect at the end, both Mrs. Toombs' voice and face are used. I think that might be where the confusion is.

Thank you, resident HM guru. :wave:

Buried20KLeague

Captain Hank said:

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.

I like this thread. Some of these facts are interesting and make a lot of sense... But there's quite a few of these facts people have shared that are either flat out wrong or at least not completely accurate. Almost like a "Disney Urban Legends - Fact or Fiction" type thing.

Ooh. Maybe another thread. :lookaroun

rainfully

While we're talking about Mme. Leota... Leota Toomb's daughter plays Mme. Leota in the Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland.

Expo_Seeker40

What everyone knew my seldom facts lol. :hammer:

Most know this: The carousel of progress was originally presented with a clockwise rotation.

Some may know this: The current space mountain post show has features from RCA's home of future living and RYCA-I.

The walt disney world peoplemover has never been narrated entirely by a woman. I think? :dazzle:

Some people wouldn't know where to look for adventurland's extinct restaurant.

There used to be two riverboats in the magic kingdom.

Space Mountain once had a dedication plaque infront of it.

Rumor: The astronauts that used to be at the climax of SSE may be covered by a black curtain or something of that nature.

Innoventions originally had the communicore color scheme for a very brief time.

The screens for the Earth Station still exist.

nicholas

WDWFREAK53 said:
But wait, because they are drawn that way on the map doesn't mean that's how they fall in real life. They're not to "scale" on the overall resort map. The MGM one is a true Mickey face. (I was also thinking about the one at the racetrack when I was inquiring about the largest one on property)

Edit: Am I really debating about the biggest hidden mickey? :lol:

No kidding. The things we focus on! :p

But it got me curious as to which was bigger. So I took the image of both from the same satellite picture and put them side by side. I think MGM is the bigger of the two.

Attachments

• hm.JPG
    hm.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 95

Christi22222

speck76

disnyfan89 said:
When the Imagineers where designing the wand they where testing a model in a wind tunnel to see if it could with stand hurricane force winds. After several tests they decided it passed the tests. Then one day a janitor asked them if they had tested the wand with Space Ship Earth. The imagineers thought about it and decided to try it. When they did the wand immediately fell down.

Note: this might be a myth more than truth but Cast members tell it a lot so I thought I would share.

it did fine last year

speck76

HauntedPirate said:
At least in the Magic Kingdom, there is a trashcan every 12 feet.

And I thought the pavement was painted that way (the reddish-tone) in all the theme parks, not just EPCOT?

most of the MK is black

most of DAK is brown

DisneyDavO

SteveUK said:
Soarin' was entirely funded by money spent on my credit card in WDW during the past 3 years.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Ive financed a rock or two on EE myself!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom