Seldom known WDW tidbits

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
DisneySam said:
A Few More...

1.) Right before the hill of the main drop of Splash Mountain there is a (Gopher/Possum) that comes down and says "FSU" it was a tribute by one of the Imagineers to his Alma Mater.
hmmmm, i dont remember this....... can anyone confirm that im crazy and have just missed the "FSU" part:lol:

nicholas

Thrawn said:
Not true. If you look at guide maps of the entire property, they are usually shaped in Mickey form.

It is true.

mgmariel.jpg

Burgstressera

I don't think anyone has posted either of these yet...

Walt's office, modeled inside One Man's Dream, is the reverse (mirror image) of what it actually was. You are supposed to be standing in his kitchenette, looking in. The briefcase and telephone are ones Walt actually used. There is speculation that the papers on the credenza behind the desk are papers from Robinson Crusoe that have Walt's red grease pencil markups.

Also the walkways in Magic Kindgom are designed to push you into the park in the morning and out in the evening. They are sloped in a direction that helps push you forward. From the Keys to the Kingdom.

SpongeScott

jmaxwell007 said:
hmmmm, i dont remember this....... can anyone confirm that im crazy and have just missed the "FSU" part:lol:
Confirmed. If that is not what the gopher is saying, I don't know what else it could be.

As you are taking the monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom, the small lake on the right side of the track is known as Lake Bambi.

WDWFREAK53

HauntedPirate said:
I can't find a Hidden Mickey on the Epcot or MK maps. (haven't checked AK lately) :) I'll have to find an old map, scan it and try to show it. I'm almost sure of this one, but there's always the chance I'm wrong. :)

I think Thrawn may have misunderstood you. I know what you are talking about but I also know what he's talking about.

Thrawn, HauntedPirate is saying that the actual MGM park (not the maps) was the largest hidden mickey. If you look at a satellite image from "pre-sorceror hat" you will notice that Mickey's mouth is in front of the Chinese Theater and one of his ears is the lake and the other is on top of a building.

I believe the hat is now sitting on, what use to be, Mickey's nose.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
HauntedPirate said:
I can't find a Hidden Mickey on the Epcot or MK maps. (haven't checked AK lately) :) I'll have to find an old map, scan it and try to show it. I'm almost sure of this one, but there's always the chance I'm wrong. :)

No, the entire property, not the parks. You know, one that shows where all the parks are, and all the hotels, and DTD, WWOS, etc.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WDWFREAK53 said:
Wait, there is one bigger than the former MGM one? Where where where???

Like I said previously, the guidemaps of the entire resort used to have the property in the shape of Mickey.

Edit: Also, I believe the lake at the racetrack is bigger than the MGM one.

BwanaBob

To be fair to this entire thread...

So far, many of the items listed are true.
Some of the items listed are not entirely true...
and some items are flat out myth.

Have fun figuring out which is which! :wave: :)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
BwanaBob said:

and some of them aren't really seldom known

LSUxStitch

I'm sure ppl know this but here is my contribution.

-The geodesic sphere known to everyone as Spaceship earth has 11,324 triangle tiles.

-The use of building sizes gives either entering or exiting the park a different perspective. When entering and walking down mainstreet the first buildings are bigger and further down towards the castle they are smaller to give the illusion of the castle being farther away than it really is. On the way out, tired as can be, the smaller buildings first leading to the bigger buildings gives the illusion of a shorter distance to walk to the exit gates which in turn makes ppl feel better.

WDWFREAK53

Thrawn said:
Like I said previously, the guidemaps of the entire resort used to have the property in the shape of Mickey.

Edit: Also, I believe the lake at the racetrack is bigger than the MGM one.

But wait, because they are drawn that way on the map doesn't mean that's how they fall in real life. They're not to "scale" on the overall resort map. The MGM one is a true Mickey face. (I was also thinking about the one at the racetrack when I was inquiring about the largest one on property)

Edit: Am I really debating about the biggest hidden mickey? :lol:

PBarton

The company responsible for collecting money from the Magic Kingdom use a special narrow armoured car, that is designed to fit inside the Utilidors under Main Street.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WDWFREAK53 said:
But wait, because they are drawn that way on the map doesn't mean that's how they fall in real life. They're not to "scale" on the overall resort map. The MGM one is a true Mickey face. (I was also thinking about the one at the racetrack when I was inquiring about the largest one on property)

Edit: Am I really debating about the biggest hidden mickey? :lol:

Still, the size of the Mickey, whether it is "real" or not, is bigger. But you're right in that it doesn't matter.

SpongeScott

BwanaBob said:

and this is how you're going to leave us hanging?

Stitch_Kingdom

The "wizard" Mickey character from the parks and the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia is called Yensid, Disney spelt backwards

and

Rock n Rollercoaster has its own power grid. This is because of the launch of rnr combined with the fall of the ToT and various other things would cause a blackout in the the park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom