Seasonal Multi-Day Ticket Pricing Coming Soon

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Besides 'surge pricing' for the one-day tickets, there already is a type of multi-day surge pricing: Lower tiers of the AP. You want an 'anytime AP'? Pay more.

Iger also hinted in the 3Q call about more yield adjustments in the park, i.e., setting prices to what the market can bear.

Jon81uk

I'm waiting for "seasonal food and drink pricing". That Cosmic Ray's bacon cheeseburger will set you back $13.29 during the first week of December. If you order it mid-December...well then it's $14.49...If you're there Christmas/New Years week....that'll be $15.79 please.

the buffet & character dining restaurants already do this.

Jon81uk

Have you seen the ticket lines recently? They're almost always packed.

Then they need to work on changing their ticketing systems. There is no need for people to line up for the majority of tickets. Want to add an extra day, you should be able to use the App or just tap at a kiosk and buy it. I'm really surprised there isn't more self-service tools available.
Also with the way FPs now need to be pre-booked, buying a ticket at the gate puts those guests at a disadvantage, Disney should at least be upselling the benefits of pre-purchasing tickets and making will-call easier.

TJJohn12

I'm waiting for "seasonal food and drink pricing". That Cosmic Ray's bacon cheeseburger will set you back $13.29 during the first week of December. If you order it mid-December...well then it's $14.49...If you're there Christmas/New Years week....that'll be $15.79 please.

I guess with digital menu boards that I’ve just assumed this was already happening at most QS. It’s the effect of the QS meal plan - when we go, we pay for the ability to feel all inclusive and largely not look at prices for the week. It’s nice to not stress over how much each meal will cost when it’s already (admittedly over) paid for in advance.

I usually just look at the most expensive thing and go, “do I want that?” I don’t look at where exactly that most expensive is.

TJJohn12

Also with the way FPs now need to be pre-booked, buying a ticket at the gate puts those guests at a disadvantage, Disney should at least be upselling the benefits of pre-purchasing tickets and making will-call easier.

Except some gate tickets now come with FP reservations preselected - I think they’re effectively covering the bases.

Now kiosks? I’m all for those.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger also hinted in the 3Q call about more yield adjustments in the park, i.e., setting prices to what the market can bear.

And that is the bloodsucker mentality that’s only good for the short term...it will create problems in tbe long term.

You love disney?...then start holding the line and stop accepting that squeezing every penny out of every ounce of their customers is somehow sustainable. It is not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I guess with digital menu boards that I’ve just assumed this was already happening at most QS. It’s the effect of the QS meal plan - when we go, we pay for the ability to feel all inclusive and largely not look at prices for the week. It’s nice to not stress over how much each meal will cost when it’s already (admittedly over) paid for in advance.

I usually just look at the most expensive thing and go, “do I want that?” I don’t look at where exactly that most expensive is.

I have a prescription for you to treat your “post dining plan traumatic stress syndrome “ 😜

Goofyernmost

They experimented with a same day ticket at magic kingdom that had preloaded fastpasses in the spring this year...however not really the “good” rides.

I don’t really know what the verdict was on how they were received.
I would suspect first timers, not knowing any better would initially be ok with it, but, anyone that had ever set foot in the parks would probably still be laughing at the suggestion.

TJJohn12

The attraction choices weren't the big thrills, but they were still not all that bad of menus:

• Magic Kingdom will offer tickets with the following FastPass+ attractions:
    • Fantasyland Classics:
      • “It’s a small world”
      • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
      • Mad Tea Party
    • Futuristic and Frightful Fun
      • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
      • Haunted Mansion
      • Tomorrowland Speedway
    • Pint-Sized Adventures
      • The Barnstormer
      • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
      • The Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Whimsical Escapades
      • Under the Sea—Journey of the Little Mermaid
      • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
      • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Epcot will offer tickets with the following FastPass+ attractions:
    • Immersive Explorations
      • Spaceship Earth
      • Living with the Land
      • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
    • Delightful Encounters
      • The Seas with Nemo & Friends
      • Turtle Talk With Crush
      • Journey Into Imagination With Figment
  • Hollywood Studios will offer tickets with the following FastPass+ attractions:
    • Sensational Stage Shows
      • Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
      • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
      • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    • Movie-Inspired Excitement
      • Muppet*Vision 3D
      • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
      • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
  • Animal Kingdom will offer tickets with the following FastPass+ attractions:
    • Prehistoric and Whitewater Thrills
      • DINOSAUR
      • Kali River Rapids
      • Primeval Whirl
    • Wild Performances
      • Festival of the Lion King
      • Finding Nemo – The Musical
      • It’s Tough to be a Bug!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom