Seasonal Multi-Day Ticket Pricing Coming Soon

nickys

Premium Member
So reading all of your conjecture (thanks) - we are planning to stay at Boardwalk in spring 2020 for 9 nights. I'm thinking we should plan 3 DHS days (which normally we would never do). One for Star Wars, one to do Toy Story and one to do the rest.

I'm only half kidding.

Oh, and of course purchasing the ultimateamazingcantbebeatanytimeanyparkticket -with hoppers.

You might want to rethink the combinations there. One for TSL, and two for SW:GE and the rest. You’d want to try and get FPs for both Star Wars rides if you can, which means one on each day.

Nubs70

I know...they didn’t expand the actual pathways...there’s no physical room.

And the 5 new rides...two very low capacity...have no shot.

It would be like a school of sardines...who can’t get into the lines because the rides can’t hold 20% of the crowd.

Not exactly the brilliance of themepark design...and good luck getting a table at Sci-Fi
The parks are crowded to the point where a significant of time one is crowded in closer than the 18" personal space limitation.

dreday3

You might want to rethink the combinations there. One for TSL, and two for SW:GE and the rest. You’d want to try and get FPs for both Star Wars rides if you can, which means one on each day.

Alrighty then! Perhaps I can do TSL and ToT on one day, Galaxy's Edge, RnR and Mickey/Minnie Railroad on the others.

I forgot TSMM. I will be curious to see the tiers.

I'm glad it's just two of us going next time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would like to see them raise prices by 15% to see if people pay it...

kind of a neat social experiment..

They will...and then we would be in the same boat next year...

When people are “confident”...there are little limits to what they’ll pay at WDW.

The problem...one that out the door types like iger don’t care about...is what happens when there is an economic reset?

They are In an awful position now after outpacing inflation. That could be very bad for the longterm health of the parent company.

Last edited:

disneyflush

I would like to see them raise prices by 15% to see if people pay it...

kind of a neat social experiment..

They should just skip the appetizer and go straight for the steak. Hike prices by 50% across the board and we'll let the crowd issue settle itself.

A 5% hike in prices annually since 2008 would be equivalent to a 50% hike all at once now (I know compounding the 5% is actually more than 50% all at once but simplicity). Wages have remained flat in America since 2008. Stating our incomes are approximately equal to 2008 would be close to accurate in a lot of instances. The 50% price hike hasn't done anything to cut back on crowds. We are at records levels. Hike it 50% and the fallout (if any) would lead the company to fix whatever problems came out of it.

Kman101

You keep forgetting about the new Lightning Mc"Screenz": Racing Academy experience coming to DHS. It'll be able to hold over the other 10mil people who can't get into SW:GE.

Yes, let's knock them for taking a space mostly unused to the general public and daring to put something in there to add capacity to the park. I know it's fun to hate screens for the sake of hating them, but it sounds like it could be a little more than people realize. Yes it's screenz. But I don't mind in the right context.

But our luck, they take something else down (likely another theater, just an assumption). I'm guessing there was another reason besides just being generous for them putting something there. I think they finally got the memo that space shouldn't be left unused. Especially in one of four of the heaviest visited Disney parks.

Why are you making me defend this attraction ;)

Like this, we could have also used a theater in the MK. Still a shame they cut it. I hope they make up for it elsewhere. Could they turn PhilharMagic into a small theater space for live shows?

Lensman

A 5% hike in prices annually since 2008 would be equivalent to a 50% hike all at once now (I know compounding the 5% is actually more than 50% all at once but simplicity). Wages have remained flat in America since 2008. Stating our incomes are approximately equal to 2008 would be close to accurate in a lot of instances. The 50% price hike hasn't done anything to cut back on crowds. We are at records levels. Hike it 50% and the fallout (if any) would lead the company to fix whatever problems came out of it.
Don't the 5% hikes use the "boiling a frog" principle?

Note: No frogs were harmed in making the above video!

TiggerDad

I've figured out how to track low versus high days and parks. Assign different letters to each park based on projected demand. We could call Epcot an A ticket, AK a B ticket, etc, up to SWL being an E ticket. You buy a ticket book that gives you a certain number of each kind of tickets to get into each park on different level days.

I bet no one has ever thought of anything like that before. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They should just skip the appetizer and go straight for the steak. Hike prices by 50% across the board and we'll let the crowd issue settle itself.

Wages in America have been flat relative to inflation across most of the population a lot longer than since 2008.

Disney parks must be a mass destination to succeed...which means you must have masses.

That’s why I chuckle when people defend the iger price increases as “normal”. Most of this country is falling behind...not making more. So to say that the price increases arent over the top is stupid in the long term view. It’s all short term gambling for the golden parachute.

Wait and see.

JoeCamel

In this we agree...and Just to clarify so I don’t have to hear it again in 2 years about the new Uruguay Pavilion Rumor...

I have a problem with the Contention that mgm can even fit 20,000,000 annual visitors. Let alone that their 7 attractions have a prayer.

It cannot. It’s like trying to fit a soccer crowd of 150,000 into a 42,000 seat baseball stadium. Time and space still do matter in Park design...you can’t “imagineer” that.
If they sell the park 3 times a day it is doable........

Lyman

The problem is, is that the people making these decisions are so disconnected from the actual park guests that they have no idea how much of a turn off this is for the guest experience. Rather than building needed capacity, they are trying to control capacity via convoluted price structures.

Keep building those hotels and adding demand. There will be a tipping point.

The bean counters are at it again

Story I heard about Chrysler auto in the 50/60s they were on par with ford and GM. Then the bean counters got involved.

Lyman

Remember Frank Wells ? When Eisner was deciding whether to build it he said " We can't afford
to build it." Wells said "we can't afford not to build it"

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
As @lentesta ’s prediction of mid-September to mid-October nears for this seasonal multi-day ticket pricing non-sense I have a question.

Any guesses on how these changes may impact already purchased tickets? Would Disney grandfather in the old tickets or make you pay the difference? i.e. should people with 2019 trips be buying tickets now?

JoeCamel

As @lentesta ’s prediction of mid-September to mid-October nears for this seasonal multi-day ticket pricing non-sense I have a question.

Any guesses on how these changes may impact already purchased tickets? Would Disney grandfather in the old tickets or make you pay the difference? i.e. should people with 2019 trips be buying tickets now?
If the ticket was valid for that day it will be honored. No extra charged but most have an expiration date now so don't let them turn to dust.

MrHappy

If the ticket was valid for that day it will be honored. No extra charged but most have an expiration date now so don't let them turn to dust.
I believe tickets are good for a certain amount of time after first use, but expire Dec 31, 2019. So if you buy now, you're good to use for your trip in 2019.
Would the price for an AP be effected by this tiered nonsense, @lentesta ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom