Seasonal Multi-Day Ticket Pricing Coming Soon

TJJohn12

Here's another of those weird "Maybe @marni1971 knows a vague answer" questions this raises... what's the ratio of park hopper to non-park hopper resort stays? I really can't imagine going without Park Hopper.

Hell, when I did two days at Disneyland I added it on a whim because it's how you do Disney (later I much appreciated it when I bopped back to DL from DCA for a few last rides on Mansion and Mr. Lincoln on my day 2).

Tom P.

Here's another of those weird "Maybe @marni1971 knows a vague answer" questions this raises... what's the ratio of park hopper to non-park hopper resort stays? I really can't imagine going without Park Hopper.

Hell, when I did two days at Disneyland I added it on a whim because it's how you do Disney (later I much appreciated it when I bopped back to DL from DCA for a few last rides on Mansion and Mr. Lincoln on my day 2).
I would be interested in that information too.

Like you, we can't imagine doing a WDW vacation without Park Hopper. (Well, we actually generally get Park Hopper Plus, because we do the water parks too.) However, I seem to see a lot of people here on the forums saying that they don't get it or don't see a value to it. I'd be curious to know how popular it is with the general public.

Goofyernmost

I would be interested in that information too.

Like you, we can't imagine doing a WDW vacation without Park Hopper. (Well, we actually generally get Park Hopper Plus, because we do the water parks too.) However, I seem to see a lot of people here on the forums saying that they don't get it or don't see a value to it. I'd be curious to know how popular it is with the general public.
It's got my vote. I won't by a ticket that isn't a park hopper.

erasure fan1

The problem is, is that the people making these decisions are so disconnected from the actual park guests that they have no idea how much of a turn off this is for the guest experience. Rather than building needed capacity, they are trying to control capacity via convoluted price structures.

Keep building those hotels and adding demand. There will be a tipping point.
I don't think they are disconnected, what they are is conditioned that they can do whatever nonsense they want because everyone keeps coming. They will push this garbage until it breaks, then they will back off and say, look, we are lowering prices, what a value see how great we are. Win win for them because by that time they'll still be making bank.

Lets Respect

I don't know how this is going to work with FP.

I bought a peak MK one-day ticket over a holiday weekend. Then we tried to change our plans to DAK and make FPs there. Nope. I thought that having the most expensive ticket possible would open FP in all of the parks. Nope.

This is going to be a complete nightmare for FP when you're looking at multi-day. Most people will give up and just buy the ticket that gets you into all parks, all days.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I bought a peak MK one-day ticket over a holiday weekend. Then we tried to change our plans to DAK and make FPs there. Nope. I thought that having the most expensive ticket possible would open FP in all of the parks. Nope.

This is going to be a complete nightmare for FP when you're looking at multi-day. Most people will give up and just buy the ticket that gets you into all parks, all days.
Yeah. It won't. It'll drive people mad.

Goofyernmost

Or they will go to Universal, or to the beach, or stay at home or actually get a real life and explore the world. It is far less complex to travel to Europe then to go for a week to WDW now... add this stuff to it and you have created an even bigger nightmare.

JoeCamel

Why would you think that? You bought a ticket for a park, you don't want to go to that park? Buy a ticket for the park you are going to!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Assuming there are people like me who hop everyday, and are not about to choose months ahead and be locked in to one park, one day - I'm sure there will the an "ultimate" ticket where you can go to any park, any day with a hopper.

They wouldn't get rid of park hoppers - Epcot, World Showcase probably benefits the most from park hoppers, people go there just for dinner after being in another park. I think getting rid of hoppers would hurt the restaurants.

You will just have to pay for it. Plenty.

And that is when the tiger strikes from the forest...

To be direct about it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The MK is already more expensive for single-day. AK has Pandora. We're projecting HS to draw 20 million in 2020. That leaves...Epcot. The game is, who's going to go to Epcot. Lots of people were asking that about Hollywood studios before TSL opened. My answer was - me! It still had some of my and my family's favorite rides. Not the best eating options though, which is a massive win for World Showcase and Epcot in general, especially in festival seasons. I expect I'll end up at Epcot a lot during that time. As people still went to HS before TSL opened, people will still go to Epcot.

Maybe the complexity will be such that people who can will just say ---- --, just give me the park hopper. I could easily see rope dropping HS for GE, back to the hotel for a break, then Epcot for the evening. I'll bet GE is pretty cool at night though.

This seems like an interesting problem though. How to price these multi-day tickets to acknowledge differing demand for different parks while not driving guests nuts. WDW, in a couple ways, is moving away from simplicity in pricing.

There is no conceivable way that mgm can process 20,000,000 annual gate clicks effectively.

This is where the irresistible force (Disney customers) smacks dead into and knocked out cold by the immovable objects (math...and 3 dimensional physical space).

Mgm crowds have sucked for years and that would be double.

The reason is how they built it originally...and the lack of defining vision to reconfigure it when the crowds were lower. That’s over. The aggregate WDW crowd is too high now. The time to fix it was 1990-2010. Check your calendars.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My gut reaction is that there has to be a piece of this puzzle that we are missing. We don't have all the details yet. All we know for certain, in terms of actual public statements, is that tiered pricing is coming for multi-day tickets. Everything else, even that based on "inside sources," is still rumor and always subject to change.

Perhaps it will be as simple as "tiered pricing applies to one park per day tickets" and "the new, increased price park hopper avoids the tiering and lets you go to whichever park, whenever." Perhaps it will be something entirely different that we haven't thought of. I don't know. But I can't believe that Disney is simply going to eliminate the ability to visit more than one park in a day. Nor can I believe, in spite of some of their other moves, that they are really going to get to the point where you even have to commit to your park hopping plans six months in advance.

Like I said, I think there's critical details here that we're still missing.

The problem with your theory is that it limits their ability to jack prices on hoppers in the future because it ties those increases to fixed price that will be analyzed more intently by the consumer.

I.e. I think people Will keep paying more for a premium day or two, longer, than they will for a premium week pass.

Some will not blink...others might finally wake the hell up. That’s gonna he a problem for whatever sucker takes over after iger and he retires to never give a crap again 😉

JoeCamel

There is no conceivable way that mgm can process 20,000,000 annual gate clicks effectively.

This is where the irresistible force (Disney customers) smacks dead into and knocked out cold by the immovable objects (math...and 3 dimensional physical space).

Mgm crowds have sucked for years and that would be double.

The reason is how they built it originally...and the lack of defining vision to reconfigure it when the crowds were lower. That’s over. The aggregate WDW crowd is too high now. The time to fix it was 1990-2010. Check your calendars.
Efficiently? How does that enter into the calculation?
MGM will be a zoo from opening to three years later. 0 GS on the suveys it will be wall to wall.
I think you underestimate the SW fans willing to hurt themselves. I know people from all over the world that will come to see it the first year.

BTW you can combine quotes and still respond to people individually.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Efficiently? How does that enter into the calculation?
MGM will be a zoo from opening to three years later. 0 GS on the suveys it will be wall to wall.
I think you underestimate the SW fans willing to hurt themselves. I know people from all over the world that will come to see it the first year.

BTW you can combine quotes and still respond to people individually.

BTW...I know...what does that matter?

So you are assuming that Star Wars - where it’s at NOW, not 1998 - is going to be worth that much of a hassle to that many people?

We shall see...the combination of Disney defenders and Star Wars apologists is cooking up quite a scenario lately. It’s like buying up late Roman Empire real estate.

erasure fan1

BTW...I know...what does that matter?

So you are assuming that Star Wars - where it’s at NOW, not 1998 - is going to be worth that much of a hassle to that many people?

We shall see...the combination of Disney defenders and Star Wars apologists is cooking up quite a scenario lately. It’s like buying up late Roman Empire real estate.
I see only one chance that galaxies edge isn't so overly crowded that its completely unbearable. And that is people decide to wait until the crowds die down. But I just don't see it. If there is one thing that Disney has proven, is that no matter what they do, people show up in droves.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see only one chance that galaxies edge isn't so overly crowded that its completely unbearable. And that is people decide to wait until the crowds die down. But I just don't see it. If there is one thing that Disney has proven, is that no matter what they do, people show up in droves.

I think It will be overcrowded and unbearable...I’m not sure how it will fare 5 years down the road at the current rate...but that’s another tale.

What I was specifically referring too is the contention that Star Wars fans are so geeked that they’ll put up with the mess a 20,000,000 annual attendance at studios would look like.

I think it’s just as likely they riot with their lightsabers and blasters...

Different dynamic in Florida than Anaheim. Disneyland is already walloped and the parking lot only holds so many cars...so the attendance rise isn’t going to be that large by default.

In Florida...where there is more capacity (just not well managed capacity), the nightmare of a huge influx is going to show the problems with a high attendance number property wide...the Star Wars people in the smallest of domestic parks (by far) could cause anger/dissent across property. And it’s not like Disney will control it...people will find the mess when they get there and there’s no refund policy.

But - I think what is happening now with the franchise will either push this problem or stunt it. We’re about 2 years too early to assess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom