Seas with Nemo and Friends: anglerfish not working

raven

The price to get into Epcot increased recently yet it has no new rides and has more maintenance issues (imo) than any other park. I believe it is Disney's duty to avoid issues like this.

So because the price of a ticket jumped up a few bucks you expect a new ride? :veryconfu

I think the park with the most maintenance issues right now is AK (E:E, Dinosaur, ITTBAB). But just because it's broke doesn't mean it's gonna get fixed on a timely basis.

Each department has a budget and managers are to keep within that budget...if they want their bonus at the end of the year. So if their money is going fast during the first part of the year they are gonna slow the spending down. Also maintenance isn't going to fix anything without go ahead from management. They have to be given a work order before they do anything. Most won't even change a light bulb without being told first. All this is a sad but true fact. And not just at Disney.

devoy1701

Really? I was going to WDW when you were still defecating on yourself, so I have seen my share of what I thought was crap that Disney has put out, and have voiced my opinion with Disney in more than one way. So please keep your uninformed one liners to yourself.

I appreciate the personal attack. Though I definitely don't understand your logic of because you may be older and have been going to Disney longer and because you've "voiced your opinion" once or twice that it's OK for one of the only effects in this particular attraction to not be working and that complaining about it is out of line?

I'll remember to check out your opinion on a subject before I weigh in next time.

Thanks for keeping it classy.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I appreciate the personal attack. Though I definitely don't understand your logic of because you may be older and have been going to Disney longer and because you've "voiced your opinion" once or twice that it's OK for one of the only effects in this particular attraction to not be working and that complaining about it is out of line?

I'll remember to check out your opinion on a subject before I weigh in next time.

Thanks for keeping it classy.

How is any of that a personal attack? I fail to see at all how it could remotely be seen as an attack… Unless you are uber thin skinned.

LordHelmut

Can we get a "Adopt a Ride" program....

(Without becoming a sponsor - which if you did you'd kind of expect and/or most likely pay for a certain level of performance), after the nth time you post/complain about a ride/effect you get to work on the repair/fix/maintenance... or else you man the parking lot directing traffic. Without breaks... in the summer....

Heck my family wouldn't be surprised to find me in the park at 3am looking at a broken system, epoxy/solder/mig/sawsall/multimeter or sonic screwdriver trying to fix something...

Heck this is what I did in college... something goes off line for weird reasons, we monitored the heck out of the mechanism/system. Waited for the break, then reviewed & recommended corrections.

I do get the 'budget' thing, having converted to the dark side several years ago, I went from 'railing against the man' to 'being the man'. Tough part is making sure that those things that need budget allocated get it.

Still, I have trouble with the accountability for show... How does show quality/ride effects being up/down/off get scored & reported to be addressed ?

Someone takes last ride after hrs with clipboard in hand (or handheld) scoring the various ride items ? Heck after 20+ years I still think I remember more effects happening on various rides even though they weren't really there... Some things I've only found out about from watching (Martin's) videos, or lurking here...

devoy1701

How is any of that a personal attack? I fail to see at all how it could remotely be seen as an attack… Unless you are uber thin skinned.

I took the defecating comment personally since it was directed at me. You wouldn't have? :shrug:

Definitely not thin skinned though. I'm just trying to figure out his logic which completely doesn't make sense.

I'm also trying to figure out why some people are so quick to voice opinion against anyone who brings up the idea that TDO doesn't have maintenance and show quality as a top priority anymore. If you don't agree then no big deal, but all we're trying to do is get Disney to deliver a superior product which benefits everyone, not just those making a fuss about it. So why would someone take the stance of "stop complaining and trying to tell Disney how to run their business" when it's no skin of their back anyway? And if these people would actually listen to what is being said, they will see that no one is claiming to be able to tell Disney how to run things...as long term and loyal customers, we are pointing out that to us the quality of the product being delivered has diminished.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I took the defecating comment personally since it was directed at me. You wouldn't have? :shrug:

Definitely not thin skinned though. I'm just trying to figure out his logic which completely doesn't make sense.

I'm also trying to figure out why some people are so quick to voice opinion against anyone who brings up the idea that TDO doesn't have maintenance and show quality as a top priority anymore. If you don't agree then no big deal, but all we're trying to do is get Disney to deliver a superior product which benefits everyone, not just those making a fuss about it. So why would someone take the stance of "stop complaining and trying to tell Disney how to run their business" when it's no skin of their back anyway? And if these people would actually listen to what is being said, they will see that no one is claiming to be able to tell Disney how to run things...as long term and loyal customers, we are pointing out that to us the quality of the product being delivered has diminished.

It is a statement of fact. That is what you do in diapers. It is all in the circle of life. I cannot help I did that when I was a baby so no I would not be offended. It is no different than saying "When you were in diapers."

Maintenance has slacked but the accommodations of visiting the resorts have skyrocketed. Some in ways that others would not agree with. Pointing something out of a fan board that represents less than 1% of their guest population will have no affect on anything to do or run things. Small things break here and there and it happens. That is just the mechanics of things. I would rather something break and them figure out how to fix it to a more reliable nature than keep repairing something that is failure prone.

devoy1701

It is a statement of fact. That is what you do in diapers. It is all in the circle of life. I cannot help I did that when I was a baby so no I would not be offended. It is no different than saying "When you were in diapers."

Maintenance has slacked but the accommodations of visiting the resorts have skyrocketed. Some in ways that others would not agree with. Pointing something out of a fan board that represents less than 1% of their guest population will have no affect on anything to do or run things. Small things break here and there and it happens. That is just the mechanics of things. I would rather something break and them figure out how to fix it to a more reliable nature than keep repairing something that is failure prone.

I'm sorry but maintenance in exchange for accommodations is not an even swap. And while I agree with your reasoning that s*** happens for when it comes to fading paint or rusted rails, that's not an excuse for main effects in attractions to be down for days (or years) without being repaired. Things break and they aren't fixing it until the murmur on the internet turns into a loud uproar, and even then they may or may not fix it. And while we may represent a small amount of visitors now, it doesn't mean that we should just sit back and accept the decisions being made...and i'm saying that as a fan, visitor, paying customer, and shareholder.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I'm sorry but maintenance in exchange for accommodations is not an even swap. And while I agree with your reasoning that s*** happens for when it comes to fading paint or rusted rails, that's not an excuse for main effects in attractions to be down for days (or years) without being repaired. Things break and they aren't fixing it until the murmur on the internet turns into a loud uproar, and even then they may or may not fix it.

So you are saying you would take much less accommodation wise for main effects working? That makes no sense.

devoy1701

So you are saying you would take much less accommodation wise for main effects working? That makes no sense.
No, that isn't what I'm saying.

I'm saying one is not and should not be a function of the other. This isn't a "we need to sacrafice some here to give more there" situation. Disney should provide both at the highest standards. That is what we pay for.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
No, that isn't what I'm saying.

I'm saying one is not and should not be a function of the other. This isn't a "we need to sacrafice some here to give more there" situation. Disney should provide both at the highest standards. That is what we pay for.

Ahh okay. So what you are saying is that Disney should have warehouse upon warehouse of each effect and prop of each attraction so that they are promptly switched out when one fails? That makes no sense logistically and seems to be the direction you believe they should be taking.

It seems as if you fail to grasp the concept that IT IS a real world business and it runs on real world technology. In an age of utilities sky rocketing with minimum price hikes (yes they are minimum compared to most thing) it is hard to be on top of every item. Technology is not perfect nor are humans. Disney Magic is not the flick of a wand and something is fixed. Fixing things cost money on multiple levels.

The majority of systems used in rides are not a standalone circuit. Fixing and repairing some items could require taking down an entire section of an attraction to accomplish. It isn't as simple as you seem to think it is. Taking down a segment of an attraction would require shutting the entire attraction down. That would be worse off for the guest, but I guess better for fueling your "ZOMGZ THIS IS CLOSED AND/OR EYE NOT BLINKING ON THIS AA" rant that you seem to be on.

Nine of ten guests more than likely do not even notice that an effect is missing. That or they realize the logistics of theme park and how one works.

devoy1701

Actually you pay for admission to the park. There are no guarantees as to the functioning or quality of the attractions. If you go, and don't see value for your entry fee, simply don't go. There is no entitlement here except to gain access to the park with the purchase of a ticket.

Glad you cleared that up. Good job focusing on the most insignificant part of the post.

The fact that these are Disney Parks means that the quality of show should rest completely on the name of the brand? We shouldn't expect a high quality experience and attractions from the company who prides itself in quality of delivery and experience? Guess we should just feel honored and privileged to be given the chance to enter the sacred turnstyles.

Sounds like your Disney's ideal customer.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's worked on all of my visits to that ride...

But almost every time I go on JIIWF (not like anyone cares), there's always 1 or 2 affects not working... usually audio.

Last time I went on Ellen's Energy Adventure, the snake thingy wasn't working.

A speaker next to the porcupine on Splash Mountain was buzzing pretty loud.

I could go on, but this was all back in either March, or October of last year.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

devoy1701

Ahh okay. So what you are saying is that Disney should have warehouse upon warehouse of each effect and prop of each attraction so that they are promptly switched out when one fails? That makes no sense logistically and seems to be the direction you believe they should be taking.

It seems as if you fail to grasp the concept that IT IS a real world business and it runs on real world technology. In an age of utilities sky rocketing with minimum price hikes (yes they are minimum compared to most thing) it is hard to be on top of every item. Technology is not perfect nor are humans. Disney Magic is not the flick of a wand and something is fixed. Fixing things cost money on multiple levels.

The majority of systems used in rides are not a standalone circuit. Fixing and repairing some items could require taking down an entire section of an attraction to accomplish. It isn't as simple as you seem to think it is. Taking down a segment of an attraction would require shutting the entire attraction down. That would be worse off for the guest, but I guess better for fueling your "ZOMGZ THIS IS CLOSED AND/OR EYE NOT BLINKING ON THIS AA" rant that you seem to be on.

Nine of ten guests more than likely do not even notice that an effect is missing. That or they realize the logistics of theme park and how one works.

What is definitely clear is that you are not good at interpreting the meaning behind people's words...This is the second timely you have tried to put the wrong words in my mouth.

I love how the defense people give for TDO budget cutting maintenance philosophy is to take the argument to the extreme and think we expect things fixed/replaced immediately and at any cost. I understand real world business, I work in real work business and all of my degrees are in various fields of business. Nobody believes that everything could be working perfectly all the time. Who the hell cares if, as you put it, an eyeball on one AA isnt working. But an attraction shouldnt operate if one of its main features isnt working. That is the Disney standard that was set when the parks and resorts division was still young.

you guys must have failed to notice that I mentioned I was a shareholder as well. And as a shareholder and business professional I think TDO is following the wrong formula...IMO

mickey2008.1

No offense, but I'm tired of posts of things that don't work. We visit once a year, and it just ruins our experience. Because we try to find things that are posted being broken instead of enjoying whats there. Time for a new thread of enjoyment for the "tourists"

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
What is definitely clear is that you are not good at interpreting the meaning behind people's words...This is the second timely you have tried to put the wrong words in my mouth.

I love how the defense people give for TDO budget cutting maintenance philosophy is to take the argument to the extreme and think we expect things fixed/replaced immediately and at any cost. I understand real world business, I work in real work business and all of my degrees are in various fields of business. Nobody believes that everything could be working perfectly all the time. Who the hell cares if, as you put it, an eyeball on one AA isnt working. But an attraction shouldnt operate if one of its main features isnt working. That is the Disney standard that was set when the parks and resorts division was still young.

you guys must have failed to notice that I mentioned I was a shareholder as well. And as a shareholder and business professional I think TDO is following the wrong formula...IMO

How am I even remotely bending your words? You seem to be going in a round about manner of saying what I just said. I think you are just not fond of the blunt viewpoint I provided in reference of the matter. If the attraction went under for repair of the "main effect" I can see you post now if the attraction being closed.

For saying you aren't expecting an immediate repair of something you sure do insinuate you are. If you work in real world business then you should understand what it takes to repair something. Even if a main effect is not operating to par it should not be prioritized to shut down and repair if it still generates sufficient hourly numbers. That would only irritate more guests than appease.

No offense, but I'm tired of posts of things that don't work. We visit once a year, and it just ruins our experience. Because we try to find things that are posted being broken instead of enjoying whats there. Time for a new thread of enjoyment for the "tourists"

Don't let them get to you. I go to enjoy myself and I do just that each and every time, several times a year. If someone goes and makes it a mission to point things out that are broke or not operating then they obviously do not know how to enjoy themselves. Wait… this isn't the grumpy thread… or is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom