Scratched Queue Walls?

Dragonrider1227

Oh man, don't get me started on damaging Disney or leaving trash around. I got soooo peeved on Snow White's Scary Adventure because dropped trash in Snow White's wishing Well. SNOW WHITE'S WISHING WELL! Is nothing sacred anymore? :fork:
You gave me an amusing image there, Wix. Even greater would be Walt beating the crap out of anyone who dared to litter on his baby! I'd pay good money to see that. XD

Chape19714

That really frosts me! There are grabage cans *everywhere* and they are never full or overflowing cuz of the vac system.... makes me mad that people dont treat public places with respect. Maybe they feel they pay $$ to get in, let someone pick up my trash.

I just dont get it.
:zipit:
:mad:

It's pretty bad at these 2 rides because of both the popularity and no height restriction. Just to clarify the above post, the VAC system is not connected directly to any trash can on stage, CM's must still empty them and bring the bags backstage and feed it into the VAC system.

mcjaco

How about the litter bugs... people can not make about 50ft to the nearest trash can and they just drop their junk on the ground. Very sad to see that but the cast members are very quick to pick up any liter and I thank you for that.

Cedar Fair did an study on how far a person would walk to throw trash out in a garbage can, before throwing it on the ground.

They're conclusion? 10 feet.

We're lazy sons of you know whats.

NASAMan

On Saturday the floor of the Buzz queue was covered in sawdust/wood shavings. A CM was doing her best to clean it up without bothering the people in line. I saw some more on the ground throughout Tommorowland. We had seen several Amish in the park that day so I made a joke that they must have been whittling wood to pass the time in line.

Are you sure that wasn't the absorbent medium used on 'protein spills'?

the-reason14

Have you guys seen the other parks? I remember when my family and me used to go to six flags, there used to be year old gum sticking to the walls of almost every ride. It was awful, but something that I just got used to. Graffitti, all of it. I notice some of that at WDW now, but it is nowhere near what was or is at six flags.

WDWmazprty

gum is the worst!

Does anyone know if the gum wall is still there in the line for Splash Mountain? In the part where you see Brer Frog's shadow sittin' in his rockin chair?
We always remember that wall, just nasty pieces of dried gum stuck all over.

peachypear14

Does anyone know if the gum wall is still there in the line for Splash Mountain? In the part where you see Brer Frog's shadow sittin' in his rockin chair?
We always remember that wall, just nasty pieces of dried gum stuck all over.

Last time I was there, that was one thing I was disgusted with. The inside of the Splash Mountain que is COVERED with dried gum. Why do people feel the need to stick it on things instead of in a piece of paper or in a trash can? Or even swallowing it?

Nothing is more pleasing than accidently sticking your hand on a piece of ABC Gum.

cooleo

These problems don't just begin with kids. While there this past January, a group of parents watched their kid picking at the wall at in the Buzz queue while I was staring straight at them with a :fork: look on my face. Then another group, over at EPCOT, allowed their kids to go climb in the trees on the little hill between Test Track & the bathroom on the backside of Mouse Gear. ***With all there is to do at WDW, They stood there & watched them climb in the trees / bushes***. Even the beautiful landscaping doesn't stand a chance anymore. :fork: :brick::fork:

Joseph360

Original Poster
All of you are absoulutely right! these people come to Orlando and destroy the dream that Walter Elias Disney never got to see!:cry: i can never understand why parents who pay so much to go, get there, and leave it worse than found! I hope you all stand by keeping walt's dream alive forever!

What has this country turned into?:cry:

-Jo

Scooter

Actually, Walt Disney himself conducted a survey on this very thing, and came to the conclusion that no one would hold trash longer than 30 steps before dropping it on the ground. That is why we see so very many trash cans on the Disney sites.

I always loved that little fact. Picturing him sitting in Disneyland watching how long it took for someone to drop trash.

The way I heard this story was that Walt himself started eating a hot dog, then walked while eating it and when he was through with the hot dog, he figured that was the proper distance between trash cans.

Not sure if this story is true or not, but I could see Walt doing this. Seems like a great idea to me.

Glad he didn't decide to use a turkey leg for this experiment...those cans would be pretty far apart.:lol:

raven

Yes, I have noticed. I find non-accidental damage to be worthy of fines or expulsion. Vandalism isn't confined to spray-painting walls these days.

The stalls in the mens bathrooms on either side of Spaceship Earth get the most graffiti I've seen yet. The stall walls have been sanded so much due to people writing gang symbols and slang on them. New Years Eve someone went around to all of the mens bathrooms in Future World and wrote the same gang signs on stall walls with a silver paint pen. Luckily all of them were able to be removed that night rather easily with a chemical we use.

We can usually get rid of most graffiti if it's caught early this way. But most people on day shift custodial don't see it and by nightime it's been dry for hours so it has to be sanded.

As for gum, people like to throw it out to either side of the car on Test Track on the ramp up to the seatbelt checkpoint area as well. I can tell you gum is not a fun thing to scrape off a textured steel floor. :(

Bug715

I just don't understand why people feel the need to make a mess. I noticed on my October trip how bad the queues are. I do lean on the railings but if there isn't a rail I don't lean. If I were picking at the walls when we went when I was a kid I would've gotten a big talking to.

In October we were in line for Snow White's ride and someone had spilled a big thing of popcorn on the floor. The problem is with so many people in line its hard for Custodial to get in there to clean.

When I was on my College Program I worked at the Merch cart right by the train station. When people would buy things they'd give me their trash to put in my tiny top of the desk sized trash can. That thing got so full and it would make me mad because from there you could take 15 steps to 2 trashcans.

timoteo

Back to the way it was by making it like getting on the Concord or something. You would not dare sctatch the leather seats beacuse you just wouldn't do that if you are paying $10,000 per ticket. Oh I forgot Concord is out of business.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Ahhh, remember when they used to paint over scratches at night?

But anyway...It's honestly annoying when people purposely deface things in the queue, and it's the reason we can't have nice queues. Seriously, as Buried20KLeague said, the Japanese treat everything in their queues with respect, and in turn they get breathe taking queues in their ToT and Pooh. Stupid Americans.

Have you seen the gum in Splash mountain? It is ALL over the ride. I don't know how people even got their gum in some of the places the gum landed up on.

It is disgusting, and something to remember when we hear folks complaining about modern Disney's failure to maintain the parks, keep all the lightbulbs lit etc. Yes, I wish Disney maintenance was still operating to the standard of 20-40 years ago....but the amount of time and money it takes to correct this vandalism takes away from the potential of PM.

While I won't let Disney off the hook for maintaining the parks, I do feel it's our fault as much if not more than their's. :(

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Have you seen the gum in Splash mountain? It is ALL over the ride. I don't know how people even got their gum in some of the places the gum landed up on.
That's one of the worst queue offenders I can recall. Being actually scared to lean or touch a queue wall due to finding gum later on randomly in your hair, on your pants, etc. :dazzle:

Remember when gum used to be cleaned nightly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom