Scratched Queue Walls?

Joseph360

Original Poster
i have always noticed... people just scratch up the ride queue line walls, such as buzz and toy story mania. Any of you noticed?:brick:

Phonedave

i have always noticed... people just scratch up the ride queue line walls, such as buzz and toy story mania. Any of you noticed?:brick:

I was on TSMM about 2 - 3 weeks after opening, and the queue had damage already.

Once while going though, i watch the roughly 12 year old kid in front of me touch EVERYTHING. Every prop that he passed he had to "feel". Now it was not like he picked parts off, but imagine if everbody did what he was doing, the paint would be worn off in no time. Some people just seem to have a need to touch everything.

-dave

rsoxguy

Yes, I have noticed. I find non-accidental damage to be worthy of fines or expulsion. Vandalism isn't confined to spray-painting walls these days.

rkelly42

How about the litter bugs... people can not make about 50ft to the nearest trash can and they just drop their junk on the ground. Very sad to see that but the cast members are very quick to pick up any liter and I thank you for that.

Uncle Lupe

Yes, I have noticed. I find non-accidental damage to be worthy of fines or expulsion. Vandalism isn't confined to spray-painting walls these days.

You could be offered a gift card for turning people in to the WDW police. With every cell phone having cameras, it would not be that difficult to get a solid case. I'll rat you out just for a fastpass!

petersenjp

scratched walls

I know some people do it just to do it!!! Why would you want to damage Disney!!! I will never understand it.

On the other hand, I always try to believe its the backpacks with keychains or little kids playing as the parents are caught up in the magic of the sounds and lights!

larryl9797

How about the litter bugs... people can not make about 50ft to the nearest trash can and they just drop their junk on the ground. Very sad to see that but the cast members are very quick to pick up any liter and I thank you for that.
That really frosts me! There are grabage cans *everywhere* and they are never full or overflowing cuz of the vac system.... makes me mad that people dont treat public places with respect. Maybe they feel they pay $$ to get in, let someone pick up my trash.

I just dont get it.
:zipit:
:mad:

mcjaco

The Buzz walls really bothered me when I was there in October. We're not talking a little chip here or there, but huge chunks.

Bad show. Bad show! :zipit:

IheartWDW

We noticed while waiting on line for POC that on the left wall after it spilts there was quite a few markings that clearly werent part of the themeing.

voodoo321

On Saturday the floor of the Buzz queue was covered in sawdust/wood shavings. A CM was doing her best to clean it up without bothering the people in line. I saw some more on the ground throughout Tommorowland. We had seen several Amish in the park that day so I made a joke that they must have been whittling wood to pass the time in line.

nybound

I have to agree. Here is a picture of the queue from Toy Story Mania. Of course, I got some funny looks from people wondering why I was taking pictures of trash.

343656617_egcB7-M.jpg

Yea buzz is looked a bit terrible when we were there in the fall.

On Saturday the floor of the Buzz queue was covered in sawdust/wood shavings. A CM was doing her best to clean it up without bothering the people in line. I saw some more on the ground throughout Tommorowland. We had seen several Amish in the park that day so I made a joke that they must have been whittling wood to pass the time in line.

hehehe

Buried20KLeague

I know I bring up Tokyo a lot, but...

We were AMAZED at the respect the Japanese people have for the ques, and items in said ques.

Over there, the ques are designed with all sorts of things within a short arm's reach, and none of it gets bothered. Ever. Pooh's Hunny Hunt is a great example... The whole second part of the que, you're literally standing between the pages of books. Here, they'd get leaned on, touched, dirty, scratched, etc... But there, they looked pristine. Not one person leaning on anything, touching anything.

It was great. And it allowed for much more interesting things to be put in the ques to look at while you waited, too.

Dang Americans. :(

SirGoofy

Ahhh, remember when they used to paint over scratches at night?

But anyway...It's honestly annoying when people purposely deface things in the queue, and it's the reason we can't have nice queues. Seriously, as Buried20KLeague said, the Japanese treat everything in their queues with respect, and in turn they get breathe taking queues in their ToT and Pooh. Stupid Americans.

WIX

Actually, Walt Disney himself conducted a survey on this very thing, and came to the conclusion that no one would hold trash longer than 30 steps before dropping it on the ground. That is why we see so very many trash cans on the Disney sites.

I always loved that little fact. Picturing him sitting in Disneyland watching how long it took for someone to drop trash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom