scariest moment in WDW

juniorthomas

The dread of seeing the "toe tag" from the magical express with your pick up time on the door.

Agreed. That is indeed a horrible moment. Thats why its best to try for an afternoon/evening departure. At least then you'd be able to get the morning in Downtown Disney or something.

MickeyPeace

My scariest moments were in the old Skyway. My wife is fearless and was bouncing back and forth from side to side taking pictures. (Pictures, by the way, you could never get today.) I was in a panic, holding on to the center bar, as if that was going to keep me from falling. The pictures came out great, but I still remember the terror.

I'm going to second the Skyway. I rode it in 1999. I remember getting on to ride from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland. I thought nothing of it. I'm not afraid of heights. I thought it would be a relaxing ride with a great view.

For whatever reason, maybe what seemed like the flimsiness of the buckets, the rickity shaking along the wire, the swaying if you moved one inch-it scared the crap out of me and I was white with fear two thirds of the way over.

I remember being very surprised that the Skyway was frightening to me!

stratman50th

They're nearly unstoppable. You've got to do what you can to takeout the lead flag guy, grab the flag, and then throw it into the woods. That should get them out of the way...
I was thinking the same thing! :D Except maybe we could grab an empty stroller, tie the flag on, and roll it into the river.:sohappy:

juniorthomas

I was thinking the same thing! :D Except maybe we could grab an empty stroller, tie the flag on, and roll it into the river.:sohappy:

That's a brilliant idea. The best place would be World Showcase. Chuck it in the lake and then they'll all simply float around for the day.

AlishaSimonLee

My two younger children are scared of the fireworks. Our family got caught in Fantasyland during the fireworks and my five and four year old children did not want to leave. I took my three year old and two year old to try and find some place to go. The Pooh Bear ride operator led us to the front of the line and told us we did not have to get off until the fireworks were over even though there was a line .

Pooh Bear four times without getting off will scare any grown man, but I'll take one for the team

Did Knee

As a child I had recurring nightmares about store mannequins out to get me. As an adult Ive never completely lost that sense of unease about them. We were on vacation, my mother and her friend, my DW and I. DW got motion sick after riding Star Tours, and I took her back to the WL, agreeing to meet my mother and her friend at Epcot later. Once I was sure the wife was comfortable, I hopped the boat to the contemporary then the monorail to Epcot alone. I entered Epcot, and on passing Spaceship earth, I saw that there was no wait. I couldn't pass it up, so went on alone. As luck would have it, there was a lengthy stop during the ride, right in front of the Egyptian scene. My mannequin fear reared its ugly head. I kept expecting the "Pharaoh" to turn his head and look at me. Worst 5 minutes at Epcot ever. I love SSE, but I won't ride it alone ever again...

R W B

Thankfully I havent had any scary moments at WDW...yet. With enough trips though I'm sure something will occur.

Got stuck for 45 minutes on IASW...beat THAT!!
That tops it all right there IMO, lol.
Seeing a herd of Brazillians coming towards me :ROFLOL:
This is a good one aswell, lol.

My two younger children are scared of the fireworks. Our family got caught in Fantasyland during the fireworks and my five and four year old children did not want to leave. I took my three year old and two year old to try and find some place to go. The Pooh Bear ride operator led us to the front of the line and told us we did not have to get off until the fireworks were over even though there was a line .

Pooh Bear four times without getting off will scare any grown man, but I'll take one for the team

Very nice of the CM to do that!

powlessfamily4

That is an awesome story!!

zurgandfriend

As we were standing in line waiting to check into the Polynesian, an excided little boy about 7 years old came running up behind me. He tripped over my carry-on bag and flew, ala superman, about 4 feet head first into the “front desk.” It scared the daylights out of me as I thought the boy split his head open. A cast member also saw the boy’s “Clark Kent Routine” and came running from behind the desk. As the cast member, my dear wife and I bend down to see how bad the boy was hurt the boys father came up to us and said “No don’t help him, he has to learn!” The father then picked up his son, roughly I might add, and lead the crying little boy away.

The cast member and I just looked at one another not believing what we just saw and I said to her “I don’t know how much learning he’s going to do with brain damage.” She smiled and said “I can help you over here sir.”

OklaHoops

scariest moment

Never a bad moment at WDW but at Disneyland Hotel we arrived at midnight and at 1am there was an earthquake and we were on the top floor holding on tight to the bed while we swayed back and forth. My daughter slept :snore:through it all and we never got back to sleep. It made for a long day.:lookaroun

pixiesteno

We were on the monorail this past Sept. riding the "resort loop" We were sharing a car with a mother, young child 4-5 yeras old, and the grandparents. The young child was up and about and leaning on the doors of the car whilst the mother repeatedly told him to sit down but never got off her butt to enforce it and make him sit down. We arrived at the Contemporary resort and the doors were open and the child fell with one leg all the way up to his upper thigh between the doors and the cement platform. I actually jumped to get him out before his mother made a move after telling him to "get out of there". She did get him out of the hole as he was too little to pull his leg out alone. All I could picture was him hitting something electrical with his leg or the doors beginning to close. By the time we got to the Poly the grandmother had started to cry in frustration at the lack of parentlng that had occurred. Yes, I was polite enough to keep my comments to myself, but it was very difficult!

NutsForFlorida

We were getting lunch at MK and I was with my wife, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and my 1 and 3 year olds. We asked my brother-in-law to take my 3 year old son and go find a place for all of us to sit to eat lunch. Keep in mind, my brother-in-law was 27 years old at that time. While standing in line, my mother-in-law was holding my 1 year old. So, I told them I'll go park the stroller by my brother-in-law and son. So, I found them and parked it by them. I also told him I'm going back to help bring the trays of food back. So, sit tight. I left to help with the trays of food. And when we all got to where my brother-in-law and son were sitting waiting for us, my son was gone. My brother-in-law was sitting in the same spot I saw him before farting around with his phone. We asked him where our son is. He had no idea. Good thing he was just around the corner. But, what a punch in the stomach thinking that your son is lost. We asked my brother-in-law why he didn't watch our son. How could he have just let him out of his sight. His exact words were this, "I had to watch the stroller too. I can't do both." Really????? What the heck is more important??? A person or a stroller. In-Laws!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

britdaw

see the potc ghost?

Huh?? Is PoTC haunted??

When I went in 1987, my brother was supposed to be watching me while my parents went out to eat. He took me with him to an arcade in our hotel, and I (being 5 years old) wandered off. I ended up roaming the halls of the hotel, and some old man came up to me and started asking me what I was doing all alone. I got soooo scared and the next thing I knew, some of the hotel staff came to get me and took me to a little room and made me sit with the manager while he tried to find my brother and my parents. I had no idea where I had last seen my brother, and I didn't remember the name of the restaurant my mom and dad were in. I was terrified, and it felt like an eternity before my brother came to get me. He was freaking out, and then of course they made us wait there til my mom and dad came back to the hotel. It was crazy, but now we all look back on it and laugh. :)

While at Typhoon Lagoon floating on a raft, I looked over to see a snake swimming along with us!!!
OMG... I would have fainted and then drowned.

CamiLyn227

Last July my boyfriend and I sat down near Test Track while we had a snack. I then left all my stuff with him while I went to the bathroom. I came back he handed me my stuff and we got in line for Test Track. As we were coming out of Test Track I realized that I didn't have my lanyard with both of the keys to the world(with charging privileges), my credit card, our fastpasses, and our photopass card. I asked my boyfriend for it and he didn't have it. I got really mad, told him I gave it to him when I went to the bathroom. We went back to where we were sitting and it was not there. At that time I was pretty frantic and furious. Our entire vacation was going to be ruined. We immediately went to the lost and found place near the entrance and I was so relived that someone had turned it in. It was for sure the scariest thing that I can remember happening to me at WDW.

maryszhi

riding its a small world...by myself....on my own boat....right as mk opened..... with nobody in boats infront or behind me... on a dare...never doing that again......

Edeyore

riding its a small world...by myself....on my own boat....right as mk opened..... with nobody in boats infront or behind me... on a dare...never doing that again......

As previously noted, it is the song, ingrained in your mind. "It's a Small World after all, It's a Small World after all...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

njdan

Only had one bad day with rides in the same day got stuck on space mountain and big thunder at xmas 10. space mt. in morning big thunder in evening .
Neither where long and on both rides managers gave us extra fast passes good for the week so i think disney handlled it very well.

stuart

More unnerving perhaps was the time we got on the boat to Downtown Disney at Riverside only to see it was being skippered by Father Jack

fatherjack.jpg

Fellow UK and Irish readers will know him as elderly, decrepit, foul-mouthed and the main tritagonist, lecherous alcoholic priest from the hit show Father Ted.

It didnt come as a surprise when he hit the boat with some force into the dock at the French Quarter.

Again, more unnerving more than 'scary' would be in 2005 when on the day of the 7/7 bombings in London, for the first time in going to wdw every year since 1995 we saw a cop at one of the parks - just past the turnstiles at EPCOT. There wasnt any police presence at MK, so we and a number of other people in the R&C both thought it was because of the British presence in the park - a CM pretty much confirmed that. It was the same the day after the Glasgow Airport bombing in '07 - police appearing to only be at EPCOT and we heard from CM and people in the parks that day it was only EPCOT. Of course, it could have been a number of reasons but the CMs basically said it was a reassurance measure for the Brits lol. Incidentally we took off from Glasgow as the car was driven into the building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom