Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

MKCP 1985

Let me think... have letter writing campaigns helped for... um... ANY Disney attraction?

hmm. . . . there was/is some sort of campaign for Carousel of Progress. If you listen to people like Jim Hill and Corrus, that was set to close for good years ago. To read their writings, permanent closure is still a matter of when, not if.

If there'd never been any campaign, whatever the extent, do you think it might be gone already?

I don't know the reason Carousel of Progress went from fully open to seasonal and then back to fully open with occasional monies spent to repair sets and to install televisions showing tape of the history of the attraction. A letter writing campaign sounds as good as any other reason, I guess, unless someone knows better. :shrug:

nibblesandbits

hmm. . . . there was/is some sort of campaign for Carousel of Progress. If you listen to people like Jim Hill and Corrus, that was set to close for good years ago. To read their writings, permanent closure is still a matter of when, not if.

If there'd never been any campaign, whatever the extent, do you think it might be gone already?

I don't know the reason Carousel of Progress went from fully open to seasonal and then back to fully open with occasional monies spent to repair sets and to install televisions showing tape of the history of the attraction. A letter writing campaign sounds as good as any other reason, I guess, unless someone knows better. :shrug:
See, I was here thinking, I could be wrong, but could he be talking about Figment.

It was the public that got Figment back into the Imagination pavillion...so I'm wondering if he meant that.

dxwwf3

I do feel sorry for AC fans and I do hate that ANOTHER thing at the World geared toward an older crowd is going away, but personally I think Pleasure Island is a big waste of space and whatever they bring in can't be any worse. I care nothing about clubs and PERSONALLY I don't "get" the Adventurer's Club, but I do feel bad for the folks that do. The AC was an original and has a huge fan base. Original show ideas are few and far between anymore and I think it isn't going to get any better. Hopefully Disney will eventually realize that they CAN do more than pre-existing character additions. But I must also be honest and say that I won't miss Pleasure Island a single bit. Doesn't mean that I think they are going to turn the area into something that I'll want to visit though.

goofntink

Interested in some info from some of our northern members.I just got a call in wanting to getting sq.ft pricing for some work for two locations for a Dave n Busters restaurant.When I asked where it would be located,they said they were looking at a location at DTD,and one near Festival Bay.What kind of restaurant is this,as we do not have any here in Florida.

RiversideBunny

Interested in some info from some of our northern members.I just got a call in wanting to getting sq.ft pricing for some work for two locations for a Dave n Busters restaurant.When I asked where it would be located,they said they were looking at a location at DTD,and one near Festival Bay.What kind of restaurant is this,as we do not have any here in Florida.

Link to Dave n Busters

http://www.daveandbusters.com/

They are in many states -

http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/

The ones in Florida seem to be in the Jacksonville and Miami areas.

:)

tirian

Disney should continue to offer these diverse types of entertainment to all of its patrons, not just cave in to the complaints of a few.

Maybe PI was not bringing in as much revenue as hoped... It will all be missed.

As far as I know, PI wasn't closed because of complaints; and Disney rarely concedes "to the complaints of the few" (except for AE).

PI wasn't making money. Period. If you saw PI busy, it was full of CPs and CMs, both of which have had free admission all week long for about 3 years now. (Before this, they only enjoyed free entry on Thursdays.)

Timmay

As far as I know, PI wasn't closed because of complaints; and Disney rarely concedes "to the complaints of the few" (except for AE).

PI wasn't making money. Period. If you saw PI busy, it was full of CPs and CMs, both of which have had free admission all week long for about 3 years now. (Before this, they only enjoyed free entry on Thursdays.)

Exactly...why would Disney close the doors on something that is bringing a goog load of cash??:shrug:

Buried20KLeague

:hurl::hurl::hurl:

goofntink

Link to Dave n Busters

http://www.daveandbusters.com/

They are in many states -

http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/

The ones in Florida seem to be in the Jacksonville and Miami areas.

:)

Thanks for the link RiversideBunny,kind of an adult version of Chuckie Cheese.Does make sense to me now,I can see how it would fit with the plans for the changes to PI then.Just to add they were not sure of where it was at,but said it was in DTD,but they want me to meet with the project manager next week to look at both locations.From what I can see from the website it would have to be a good size space being they have a areas with pool tables and arcades.Man now it has me racking my brain trying to figure out where it would go?

hemloc

I cannot, for the life of me, see a DnB going into DTD with DQ right next door. That would, um, eat into profits:zipit:.

What they really need to do is reinvent the old Magic-themed restaurant(But drop the David Coppafeel involvement:lookaroun).

dxwwf3

Disney rarely concedes "to the complaints of the few" (except for AE).

And that turned out well for them :animwink:

That seems to be what I've heard about the area as well. It seems like a no brainer to change all of the clubs, except the Adventurers Club. You would think that because the nature of the club, it could easily fit in with a new area. Raglan Road is a pub just down the street, so the bar shouldn't be the problem. As I've said before, I care nothing about anything Pleasure Island personally, but it is apparent that the AC is something a lot of people really care about and there is a really good chance they could replace that club with a shop that doesn't really bring them any more money in.

CaptainMichael

As I've said before, I care nothing about anything Pleasure Island personally, but it is apparent that the AC is something a lot of people really care about and there is a really good chance they could replace that club with a shop that doesn't really bring them any more money in.

The AC was my only reason for going to not only PI but Downtown Disney as well. It is a truly unique place and screams "Disney Classic" even though it is adult oriented.

From what I have read, PI used to be more than just clubs, it had a story, fireworks, etc, and I think a return to that would make it more popular.

Also, I wouldn't mind a shop for the AC (perhaps replace the upstairs bar), it needs some merchandise, but leave the cloob itself alone:) Maybe the surveyors misunderstood what guests meant about wanting more retail:ROFLOL:

nibblesandbits

And that turned out well for them :animwink:

That seems to be what I've heard about the area as well. It seems like a no brainer to change all of the clubs, except the Adventurers Club. You would think that because the nature of the club, it could easily fit in with a new area. Raglan Road is a pub just down the street, so the bar shouldn't be the problem. As I've said before, I care nothing about anything Pleasure Island personally, but it is apparent that the AC is something a lot of people really care about and there is a really good chance they could replace that club with a shop that doesn't really bring them any more money in.
I totally 100% agree that the AC could have stayed and been profitable for Disney, if they left it in their "new bold vision" :)hurl: ). It would be one of those unique bars to go to...which is essentially what they were looking for, bars/restaurants, instead of outright clubs. That's why I don't understand why they're taking it out. It would have fit extremely well in the new scheme.

jdmccol

Just like the drinkers who seem to think that AC was somehow this transcendent experience? :)

If the closure of the nightclubs on PI take away the sole reason one had for visiting WDW, as a few people have said here, perhaps WDW wasn't the vacation destination for them in the first place.

I can see people being upset at any removal, and I don't begrudge them that - but some of the posts are taking it a little far. You can still get drunk elsewhere, I am sure...

AEfx

There is always Vegas or your local Hooters. I visited PI on my first trip to WDW (years ago) and never went back since. It never seemed to fit in with WDW's family friendly atmosphere. I can see maybe letting a third party run adult businesses there without having the Disney name associated with it. Sort of like Buena Vista/Disney Pictures VS Miramax or Touchstone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom