Say goodbye to ALL the clubs at PI.

yankspy

Given that Merf is no longer here its fairly safe to assume everone wants Disney to succeed. However there are varying opinions as to what would class as success and theres reasons to be concerned that cheap cheap cheap may be the order of the day.

For me mall style shops and chain bars dont qualify as a missing assett and it would be nice to have some form of non park based entertainment, The Boardwalk should be worried its equally uninspired.
I agree. I am also not saying that I am thrilled with what we have heard so far. However, maybe they will pull a rabbit out of their hat. I am only saying that while we can speculate, we will not know until it is there. It does not seem logical to bash something before I have even experienced it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It does not seem logical to bash something before I have even experienced it.

It wouldnt be such an issue if there had been something other than a vague statement on shops and eateries.

One could almost wonder if agreements on who/whats coming in had actually even been made.

fireworkz

I thought I read somewhere that AC, or something similar to it was rumored for Flamingo Crossings (Western Way Area). Or maybe that was tied to the rumors about the "Night Kingdom" park. :shrug:

MickeyJman06

What do you base this on? WDW has served alcohol on property since day 1, just not in the MK. As a matter of fact, Walt had Club 33 put into DL so him and his friends could enjoy a drink and a meal in an adult, safe setting. To me this is what PL delivered to the masses. :shrug:
oh:zipit:

PhotoDave219

You are a bad boy.

I know. :D I try. :D

While i liked the Adv Club and really enjoyed the actors and actresses that brought the club to life as well as some friends i used to enjoy the club with, I no longer live there and haven't been there in over a year. Its a shame to see it go but all good things must end.

I just wish that the mouse had more of a PLAN or even a clue of some sort that they are willing to say about the whole deal. They just spend a crapload of money removing the west end state and remodeling the entire area and now its going to close? There's some serious short-sighted thinking going on. The ideas just don't seem thought out at all.

However with the continuation of the free dining plans being given away, the mouse could use more restaurants that you can get into without making ADRs 180 days in advance.

wdwfan100

Given that Merf is no longer here its fairly safe to assume everone wants Disney to succeed. However there are varying opinions as to what would class as success and theres reasons to be concerned that cheap cheap cheap may be the order of the day.

For me mall style shops and chain bars dont qualify as a missing assett and it would be nice to have some form of non park based entertainment, The Boardwalk should be worried its equally uninspired.

If we loose Jellyrolls I just might weep openly.:cry:

wdwfan100

I agree. I am also not saying that I am thrilled with what we have heard so far. However, maybe they will pull a rabbit out of their hat. I am only saying that while we can speculate, we will not know until it is there. It does not seem logical to bash something before I have even experienced it.

I agree to an extent. I think it is important to give feed back though. It may have some sway on the final product. If everyone sends in letters saying that they love the AC and they are upset that it is going away. It might resonate enough with someone to give them reason to make sure that this is not going to totally alienate the loyal fan base.

kcw

For those of you wishing to express your distaste for the closure of the Adventurer's Club here are the people to express them to.

If fans saved Jericho on CBS and saved Jaws at Universal, who knows what can happen if they see a large fan base.

Kevin Lansberry
VP Downtown Disney Operations
kevin.lansberry@disney.com

Meg Crofton
President Walt Disney World Resort
meg.crofton@disney.com

Jay Rasulo
Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
jay.rasulo@disney.com

Al Weiss
President Worldwide Operations - Disney Parks and Resorts
al.weiss@disney.com

I refrain from giving out their phone numbers, but someone passed them along to me as well.

are we sure those are correct email addresses? I know my disney one has my middle initial in it, and I think most other ones I've seen do as well. Personally I don't care much about PI closing and won't be emailing, but just wanted to make sure people don't waste their time emailing wrong addresses. I could see someone just assuming that these were their addresses but not knowing about the middle initial thing?? Just a thought though? :shrug:

AEfx

I guess Walt Disney World isn't the vacation destination for me then. Im a regular at Disneyland and I have been making 4-5 trips a year out to Walt Disney World just for the Adventurers Club.

I just booked my plane ticket to be there for the final night. Now to get the time off of work, asking for a couple days off just two weeks after a two week vacation. But there is no way I would miss that final night.

You fly across country to Orlando 4-5 times a year to go to one bar?

Wow. I wish I had your disposable income, LOL.

AEfx

AEfx

This may come as quite a shock, brace your self now, you can actually drink with out getting drunk :hammer:

Okay, change the wording in my post from "other places to get drunk" to "other places to drink". In either case, the meaning and sentiment is the same...

AEfx

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
You fly across country to Orlando 4-5 times a year to go to one bar?

Wow. I wish I had your disposable income, LOL.

AEfx
I know magicalpins personally... he made more off his trips than most of us make in a month ;)

camithepirate

a late post,
but bwaahh. I just turned 18, and while I know thats not old enough to enjoy the bars, Ill never get to enjoy PI in any sense =(

Why is noone mentioning the fact that those clubs never have any patrons? The last few times I've visited the world and decided to go to PI, it was a waste of money. We'd walk into Mannequins and it was always completely dead, unless it was gay night, which I had no interest in partaking in. Motion was all the teens and the rest of the clubs were just empty. Once Disney let the teens in, the local adults considered it a "lame" party place. If your 21, you don't want to be hanging out somewhere that 18 yr olds are.

and yeah....I can understand that, but if your not correct in complaning about clubs being full of "teens"...as in Ive never heard/seen of a bunch of 14-16 year olds running around PI.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom