Saw the "Dream Squad" in action today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thurp

Original Poster
I was in the single riders line at Everest around 10 am this morning and I saw a couple of CMs wearing white pants, a light blue shirt and a white vest carrying a huge duffle bag walking towards the loading area.

A couple of minutes later I saw a few families (about 15 people total) carrying a large piece of plastic with a silver string, one of those families ended up next to me. They had each received a "Dream Pass" which was a plastic card about the size of 2 passes put together with tabs on the sides and printed instructions on the back. Each of those tabs was the same as 1 Fast Pass for each of the major attractions at the AK. The family started reading and said "oh my God, these are fast passes! for all of the rides at the Animal Kingdom! where's the woman who gave these to us? I want to give her a hug, I could not understand what she was telling us when she handed these out!"

The family was so very excited, the kids were jumping and screaming, they then all gave each other high fives and it seemed as if made their day.

Later today at MGM I noticed a couple more people holding these same passes as well, but with tabs for MGM rides.

jesserin

Too fun :) I love the idea of this... people are already thrilled to be in WDW anyway... and then something like this happens? What an awesome idea... Love it :)

metscool

Luck you that you saw the Dream Squad today. I was at MGM too today until about an hour ago, and I only saw one Dream Squad person and that was on my way out of the park. It was the same Dream Squad person that we saw at the meeting last week.

Thurp

Original Poster
Well, I would've been luckier if I had been in the loading area while the dream passes were being handed out, but I've done all the rides a million times already, seeing the family so freaking excited made my morning. It was neat.

Figment1986

believe me, it will work out... so muhc for Disneyland, so much for WDW, then split those so muches down to each park...

I asw 2 dream squad people around high school musical, but they didn't give anything away... Nice new name tag though...

I was talking to a really cool member of the Dream Squad today...she sat with me while I did Magical Moments outside of The Living Seas...apparently, they aren't always on "Prize Duty". Some of them are assigned to give out prizes for the day, while others are assigned to just be "Super Greeters" of sorts...so, if you decide to follow a Dream Squad-er around in hopes of winning, you should probably ask if they're actually giving out prizes or not :lol:

Edit: awww, post 500 :)

imamouse

Thanks for the news on the Dream Squad sitings and events. I hope that someone from this board will win something and post the details.

I wonder if there are there any Dream Squad CMs on this board? I doubt that they would identify themselves for fear of being hounded for prizes.

-SIR-

I just recieved word earlier this week that I am on the team for Hilton Head Island and wow am I excited! because this resort is so much smaller things are being done on a smaller scale but its easy to see how its all very very well planned out for Orlando. Basically the "magical Moments" are very well scheduled in Orlando and sent to us. The giveaways from what I understand are being kept completely random so that even the person giving them out doesnt know when or whats happening until a few minutes before its happened. They have scheduled everything so that we will reach a million dreams by the end of the year! Cool! Hmmm... I wonder if I get a cool new costume? sounds nice!

missionspace

I was hoping for a Magical supprise today and nothing! I can tell you there is going to be alot of people upset! My son was so ed as a family next to us got a unlimited fastpass to all the rides at Epcot! He was so upset we didn't even go on sorin because the line was massive today! There is going to so many upset people, what was Disney thinking!

It should be called the Year of a Million dreams and a couple of Billion disappoiantments!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I was hoping for a Magical supprise today and nothing! I can tell you there is going to be alot of people upset! My son was so ed as a family next to us got a unlimited fastpass to all the rides at Epcot! He was so upset we didn't even go on sorin because the line was massive today! There is going to so many upset people, what was Disney thinking!

It should be called the Year of a Million dreams and a couple of Billion disappoiantments!

OMG.. your son is in for a rude awakening if he feels that he is entitled to everything that everyone else gets.

I surely hope that you do not enforce this feeling of his by spoiling him rotten.

Too many people today feel that they are entitled to this and entitled to that. Whatever happened to earning something or the right to something.

Nobody is entitled to somebodys charity. [/rant]

rbrower

I'm glad that they are making people happy and I hope that they really make my family happy when we go!

Pabgo

I'm going to the world in November! Woohoo! I'm praying that me and my family gets some of these!

lnsemsf

That's a great attitude, I'm sure it will get him far in life. Anybody who is "ed" because somebody else won a completely random contest has some issues. A simple "oh well" would suffice. I truly don't think that people are going to be disappointed in not winning, because it's not a competition, it's random. Most people don't even know they are "playing" in the contest until they win. I'll go to Disney 40 or so times this celebration period and pretty much am sure I won't win squat, so you know what... "oh well" I'm still at Disney World, everybody else I know is sitting at home or at work, the fact that I won't get a pass to the front of every line doesn't really bother me too much.

missionspace

That's a great attitude, I'm sure it will get him far in life. Anybody who is "ed" because somebody else won a completely random contest has some issues. A simple "oh well" would suffice. I truly don't think that people are going to be disappointed in not winning, because it's not a competition, it's random. Most people don't even know they are "playing" in the contest until they win. I'll go to Disney 40 or so times this celebration period and pretty much am sure I won't win squat, so you know what... "oh well" I'm still at Disney World, everybody else I know is sitting at home or at work, the fact that I won't get a pass to the front of every line doesn't really bother me too much.

If it was your 6year old It would be a different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom