Save the Adventurers Club

71jason

I certainly am not an expect on Florida Liquor laws, but know enough about a few other states to know that that does not sound right at all. Most Entertainment Districts require a separate Liquor License for every venue, especially if separately owned.

FL Liquor Law has what is essentially a "theme park" exception that I think DTD falls under (I haven't looked at it in ages). Guess who's lobbyists wrote it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
FL Liquor Law has what is essentially a "theme park" exception that I think DTD falls under (I haven't looked at it in ages). Guess who's lobbyists wrote it?

Ahhh, that's certainly not surprising. I'd like to read that whole section just out of curiosity.

edit: found it...It also appears that maybe Marineland's lobbyists were in on this also. :shrug:
http://law.onecle.com/florida/alcoholic-beverages-and-tobacco/565.02.html
(6) A vendor who operates places of business where consumption on the premises is permitted, which premises are located within a theme park complex that is owned, managed, controlled, and operated by such vendor, may operate under a master license issued for the type of service offered if the theme park complex comprises at least 25 enclosed acres of land with permanent exhibitions and a variety of recreational activities, the enclosed area has a controlled entrance to, and exit from, the enclosed area, and at least 1 million visitors annually pay admission fees to the theme park complex. In addition to the license taxes imposed in paragraphs (1)(b)-(f), an additional tax of $1,500 shall be imposed for up to 5 additional bars, $2,500 for 6 to 10 additional bars, and $3,500 for more than 10 additional bars. The enclosed area within the theme park shall be considered an extension of the licensed premises upon the payment of the fee and the notation of such extension on the sketch accompanying the original license application.

(7) A marine exhibition park complex may obtain, upon the payment of appropriate fees, a license for on-premises consumption of alcoholic beverages not subject to any quota or limitation if:

(a) The marine exhibition park complex comprises at least 25 enclosed acres of land.

(b) The enclosed area has a controlled entrance to, and exit from, the enclosed area.

(c) At least 450,000 visitors annually pay admission fees to the marine exhibition park.

(d) The marine exhibition park has been in continuous existence for at least 30 years.

In addition to the license taxes imposed in paragraphs (1)(b)-(f), an additional tax of $1,500 shall be imposed for up to 5 additional bars, $2,500 for 6 to 10 additional bars, and $3,500 for more than 10 additional bars. The enclosed area within the marine exhibition park shall be considered the licensed premises upon the payment of the fee. Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, entities licensed under this subsection shall be treated as vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages by the drink and shall be subject to all the provisions relating to such vendors.​

Wilt Dasney

I certainly am not an expect on Florida Liquor laws, but know enough about a few other states to know that that does not sound right at all. Most Entertainment Districts require a separate Liquor License for every venue, especially if separately owned.

This little sidebar topic got me interested enough to poke around the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages & Tobacco web site.

I can't find an exact definition of this term, but Disney apparently has a "Pool Buying" license. The license is called "Bay Lake Cooperative" and is listed as having the following partners:

2300009 Current, Active AMERICAN AIRLINES INC Pool Buying X 09/30/2011
4101320 Current, Active DISNEY VACATION DEVELOPMENT INC Pool Buying 4COP 03/31/2012
5808609 Current, Active T-REX CAFE-ORLANDO INC AND WALT DISNEY W Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5801793 Current, Administrative Hold WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5802110 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5802307 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5803095 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5803189 Current, Administrative Hold WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5803219 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5803232 Current, Administrative Hold WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5803581 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5806701 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5807208 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5807437 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5807438 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5807981 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5900021 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5801789 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5801788 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5807721 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying Agent 11/17/1995 4COP 09/30/2011
5806238 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5808260 Current, Active WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS US INC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5809957 Current, Active WALT DISNEY WO CO AND FUEGO BY SOSA CIGA Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5809762 Current, Active WALT DISNEY WORLD CO AND WALT DISNEY WOR Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011
5810035 Current, Active WALT DISNEY WORLD CO/PATINA ORLANDO LLC Pool Buying 4COP 09/30/2011

----

Notice T-Rex and Sosa Cigars in the list. This makes me think Disney might in fact have a blanket license for purchasing alcohol and tobacco that any merchant on property can operate under. Anyone more familiar with Florida law who can affirm/correct my interpretation of this?

Edit: Looks like I'm a little late. :lol:

unkadug

just when you thought they couldn't re-write FL law LOL...Disney has extreme power

I think that the Marineland exception is more amazing than the Disney exception. :shrug:

And if it was written for the Gulfarium....that is even MORE amazing.

unkadug

I don't think the Gulfarium gets enough annual visitors to meet the definition of the law. Not even sure that Marineland does. Could it have been written for Sea World?
I went back and re-read it... they only have to have an annual 450,000 admissions...BUT have to have been in existence for over 30 years. I'm not sure when the law was penned, as SeaWorld is what, 38 years old now? Marineland and Gulfarium...much more than that.

I figured they lowered the Disney standards for someone OTHER than SeaWorld....I could be wrong. :shrug:

Currently sitting on re top step having a Kungaloosh from Laffers ... wonder how long it would take for security to kick me out if I started inducting people into the club...

First time back since 8-25-08... so sad to see it like this.

sakraft1

Over in the Facebook group Darian Martinez reports that Trader Sam's has opened in Disneyland. We need photos of the artifacts described and a flash mob to go there and sing the club anthem.

Hey Guys, I'm here in California where the new Trader Sam's has open. You can definitely feel the spirit of the AC. The ship in the bottle is there, there a picture of the Colonel with a letter to Sam. And high up there a small crate that has what looks like Hathaway Browne's scarf, a scottish hat, and Slappy. There's a note attached signed by Pamelia Perkins but it was to dark and high up for me to read

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Over in the Facebook group Darian Martinez reports that Trader Sam's has opened in Disneyland. We need photos of the artifacts described and a flash mob to go there and sing the club anthem.

I will be there a week from yesterday. Looking forward to it, even if it'll be just a little reminder of the Club.

wizards8507

I have nothing useful to add to this conversation but I just have to say that I really love reading the posts from the AC lobbyists. You guys are more devoted than the Beastly Kingdom and anti-Meet-and-Greet crowds combined, which is saying something. I turn 22 in July, so I never got to enjoy Pleasure Island, but reading these threads give me a unique sense of nostalgia for something I never got to experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom